ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestler Anthony Ashnault on BTN 4pm live

The Criteria used for seeding is 1. Winning percentage, 2- RPI, 3 Coaches ranking, and the fact AA won his conference weight class plus is a returning All American will help his later 2.

Ashnault was a 7 seed last year with a worse winning percentage. I'm confident his seed won't be worse than 5.

His final against Gulibon was one of his easier matches this season.

PS- it wasn't Ashs fault he didn't face Jordan or Thon, as they Lost in the quarterfinals or semifinals.

Yet you think he has an equal or better shot than them? Guess we can agree to disagree.

Not sure Guilbon was that easy.
The only TD came late in 3rd period when Guilbon was going for broke.
Anthony Controlled 2nd period and put JG in a hole.
If guilbon chose neutral...whole different match (I still think Ashnault wins)

I would be happy with a 3rd or 4 place finish for Anthony.
Satisfied with an All American
Upset with Less
Ecstatic with a Championship

I think Micah Jordan may be a tough matchup with AA.
AA faced Heil in match last year and was injured. IMO Heil let up on him (which is why i will root for him after AA in the NCAA this year) after the injury.
AA Lost to Thorn earlier.
This will put him around a 4 or 5 seed and having to face someone like Thorn in the Quarterfinals and Heil in the Semi Finals.
Can AA beat them...sure....it will be hard.

In you're particular case? Yeah...
Nicky, trppin_jerk went to Gonzaga and rider, and followed PSU since birth. He refuses to buy ru football tix because of out of conference schedule, in other words, he's a tool. He has no life and has a PSU agenda for everything, your gut telling you to distrust him is correct

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Original post by Abro1975:
"While he won't be the favorite, will probably get a seed anywhere from 3-6, IMO Ashnault has a 'realistic' chance of winning it all. If I was making odds it would be......."

@Abro1975 You know I root for RU guys every time they aren't wrestling against PSU and love where your program is headed. That being said, I think you are off here. Ash didn't have to face either Jordan or Thorn on his way to the B1G Championship. That's not even including the out of conference kids that he has lost to in the past. I think he is peaking at the right time and definitely gained some confidence over the weekend but he didn't get even with any of the kids who have gotten him in the past.

Ashnault just selected as a 4 seed, guess I was pretty accurate :)

Original post by Abro1975:
"While he won't be the favorite, will probably get a seed anywhere from 3-6, IMO Ashnault has a 'realistic' chance of winning it all. If I was making odds it would be......."

Ashnault just selected as a 4 seed, guess I was pretty accurate :)

Damn, PSU certainly didn't get any favors.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT