ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Announces 2015-16 Postseason Awards

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Ashnault’s 9-0 win over Penn State’s Jimmy Gulibon in the Big Ten 141-Pound Final earned the title of Match of the Year. Perrotti’s resilient effort against Rider’s Connor Brennan in the NCAA Round of 12 was tabbed Comeback Match of the Year. Perrotti scored a takedown with 33 seconds left and rode Brennan out for a 5-4 win and his second All-America honors.

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/041516aab.html

Reactions: Leonard23
Does anyone know who the Nist-Sachsel award is named after? Thanks.

By the way, good stuff, all the awards were well deserved imo.

Does anyone know who the Nist-Sachsel award is named after? Thanks.

By the way, good stuff, all the awards were well deserved imo.

They were teammates on the 1942 RU team. James Nist died in when his plane was shot down over Japan. Richard Sachsel died during flight training while training to become a fighter Pilot.

Reactions: Jaroslav Hasek
Did R Vision get video on the banquet ? Any video at all on You Tube? I wish I could have made this.

Abro

You missed a very entertaining evening. Great schedule shaping up next year with PSU and OSU back on schedule away, I think. Also going to California to wrestle Cal Poly and Cal State Bakersfield.

Great night. My first RU wrestling banquet. Been to many RU athletic banquets through the years. This was the best by far. Our coaches are all REAL, caring and emotional. They love these guys. Proud to support all of these guys. Great year celebrated with us still only scratching the surface of what this program will be. Tip my hat to Scott, Donny, John, Joe and Billy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT