ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking we got lucky with one B1G transfer, not sure how two would go.

But Cassar is not on scholly. Can't he just leave psu and walk on at RU? He probably will pay fraction of cost due to being instate student.

But Cassar is not on scholly. Can't he just leave psu and walk on at RU? He probably will pay fraction of cost due to being instate student.
He would still need a waiver from the B1G to not lose a year of eligibility. The rule doesn’t distinguish between scholarship and non scholarship athletes.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
My understanding is he would have to sit out a year but NOT lose a year of eligibility. I believe that rule of losing a year is changed. He would clearly get $ here so they would save a bundle. Doesn’t matter if he loves PSU. Only matters to his dad’s pocketbook !

As of this time, the incoming wrestlers have not lost a single match at the regionals.

My understanding is he would have to sit out a year but NOT lose a year of eligibility. I believe that rule of losing a year is changed. He would clearly get $ here so they would save a bundle. Doesn’t matter if he loves PSU. Only matters to his dad’s pocketbook !

If Cassar has to sit out, he will lose a year of eligibility. He was already granted a 6th year(he has two years of eligibility left after this season). Enrolled at PSU in 2014. So he had 14-15 season, 15-16 season, 16-17 season, 17-18 season and has left 18-19, 19-20...that is 6 years, cannot sit out another year and have a 7th year.

I think the Time Has Come to Retire this Thread and start a new one.

It has become so long that when looking at it on my phone it locks up the rivals app when loading. At this point we should start a new thread.

I am an SKWC member, but missed the last meeting. Did I hear Coach G said there might be a nice surprise at 197 next year. Maybe I’m misremembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT