ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling - Princeton Match

1 min left in match....had video and get a standby...r u kidding me?

Damn Ivy League edumacation......

1st Period: Smith with solid shots on O'Donnell and a 4-2 lead. He starts the second on bottom.

HWT: No. 13 Billy Smith (#RUWR) ends a TD away from a major in a 10-4 win over Ray O'Donnell. No. 12 RU leads, 6-3.

Nice to beat down Princeton.
Ashnalt with a solid win, needs to keep the mo.
Good effort throughout the team.
McCabe seems to be improving every year

Does anyone have a picture of this trophy we won?
CZ0VNJcWwAEYKFm.jpg

Reactions: jreinsdorf
You know what makes this even sweeter, is that Princeton was fired up for this one!! Big crowd, good electric buzz at the start...Then we go out and beat them down good!! Guys needed to bring their A game...and all of them did!! Even Hyrmack, and Bakuckas wrestled good hard matches against better opponents!! Now its back in Black(out) time to "pack the RAC!!" Fri. night vs wisky!!

Enjoyed the trip to Princeton and the match. I've been going to Jadwin since the 70s ...B-ball games, Chicago concert in 75/76. Beach Boys at the end of the Governor's Conference in 1991 and like an old warship the Arena needs some updating. Is there any chatter bout a redesign or replacement down there?

I I think in a match like this you can really see the B10 grind paying off. Our team just looked bigger stronger and tougher. Wrestling in the B10 week after week really pays off IMO in matches like these. And of course our talent level is improving weekly.

Princeton also had 2 matches on Saturday , RU hadn't wrestled in 2 weeks.

RU Wrestled Friday vs Maryland......oopsies ABRO....but 2 matches on Saturday is definitely a strain.

I go back to the days of Dillon gym. Any win over Princeton is a good thing. This was even better.

Rutgers wrestling captures trophy in win vs. Princeton

There is a new trophy for the Rutgers-Princeton wrestling rivalry, but the winner still hasn’t changed.
Rutgers defeated its intrastate rival for the 20th consecutive time Sunday, winning 28-6 in front of a split-loyalty crowd of crazed New Jersey wrestling fans at Jadwin Gym.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...ng-captures-trophy-win-vs-princeton/79605500/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT