ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Recruit - Fernandes Commits to Virginia Tech

If they get Schultz all is forgiven. If not, heavyweight recruiting is officially becoming a disaster.

What are our selling points to convince Schultz to come here, over say Ohio State?

Gotta close him. Any idea when he'll decide?

There’s no time-table yet. However, I’m sure the urgency to get a commitment has increased. I’ve been told that RU is firmly in the top three choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: KidDagger
Look, losing Fernandes is no big deal. Our target is Schultz. Lightner pinned Fernandes twice 2 years ago and will be a heavyweight next year. Colucci is a big guy and will surprise people. How much $$ do you think we can spend on that weight? Relax folks.

Look, losing Fernandes is no big deal. Our target is Schultz. Lightner pinned Fernandes twice 2 years ago and will be a heavyweight next year. Colucci is a big guy and will surprise people. How much $$ do you think we can spend on that weight? Relax folks.
Agreed, we already got two solid guys at this weight, Colucci and Lightner, so we need to recruit the super studs over more depth

Hope you are right. It has been rough watching 197 and heavy the past season or two, especially heavy where we were so strong with Russo and Smith.

I'll go out on the limb and say Lewis has gotten waaaaaaaaay better since then. Either way, definitely looking forward to seeing Kyle suit up for the Scarlet Knights. Assuming Lightner wrestles the same way he did at 195, he'll have a pretty unique and fun style for a heavyweight.

Lol, ok. If RU gets Schultz, yes no big deal. Two years ago Fernandes got beat by a lot of guys, to me not even close who will be better in College and it is Fernandes.

Reactions: obrats
Lol, ok. If RU gets Schultz, yes no big deal. Two years ago Fernandes got beat by a lot of guys, to me not even close who will be better in College and it is Fernandes.
I don't think many realize this but Schultz is the ONLY JR currently in Flo's P4P rankings....... Schultz is ranked only behind Stevenson at HWT and is Probably going to be the BEST P4P wrestler of his graduating class.....Schultz is a true blue chip recruit and would be HUGE if RU landed him....

I get it.. Fernandes is a Jersey guy and has potential but he's not ranked in flo's hwt ranking so to compare him to Schultz is a bit puzzling.. Agreed with WNG, we need to save our money and land Schultz..

I don't think many realize this but Schultz is the ONLY JR currently in Flo's P4P rankings....... Schultz is ranked only behind Stevenson at HWT and is Probably going to be the BEST P4P wrestler of his graduating class.....Schultz is a true blue chip recruit and would be HUGE if RU landed him....

I get it.. Fernandes is a Jersey guy and has potential but he's not ranked in flo's hwt ranking so to compare him to Schultz is a bit puzzling.. Agreed with WNG, we need to save our money and land Schultz..

I am not sure how you thought I was comparing Schultz to Fernandes?

According to Flo Fernandes will be ranked top 7 HWT in the next rankings.

Ur opinion is Fernandes will do better in college then Schultz.. ok this isn’t comparing w.e lol

Kid-please read below. WNG-saying losing Fernandes is no big deal. Our target is Schultz. Read my reply. If RU gets Schultz, yes no big deal. Then I respond to WNG downplaying Fernandes saying Lightner pinned him two years ago. That is why I said Fernandes got beat by a lot of kids two years ago. In my opinion Fernandes will be a much better HWT in college than Lightner. Who knows if I am correct. But Fernandes will be a good sized HWT, Lightner is a bulked up 197lber.

I would think you would know by now how much wrestling I follow and know Schultz is a blue chip recruit.

And the Lol, was for Bill who likes to downplay wrestlers who are interested in RU but then choose to go elsewhere(think about his McFadden quotes).

WNG-

ME

Kid-please read below. WNG-saying losing Fernandes is no big deal. Our target is Schultz. Read my reply. If RU gets Schultz, yes no big deal. Then I respond to WNG downplaying Fernandes saying Lightner pinned him two years ago. That is why I said Fernandes got beat by a lot of kids two years ago. In my opinion Fernandes will be a much better HWT in college than Lightner. Who knows if I am correct. But Fernandes will be a good sized HWT, Lightner is a bulked up 197lber.

I would think you would know by now how much wrestling I follow and know Schultz is a blue chip recruit.

And the Lol, was for Bill who likes to downplay wrestlers who are interested in RU but then choose to go elsewhere(think about his McFadden quotes).

WNG-

ME
Ah gotcha now.. thx for clearing it up. I misread it. U meant fernandes potential at hwt over lightner, which id agree with. Makes sense now ^_^;;

do you think Fernandez will be a good D1 heavyweight? tuff to tell hasn't wrestled much comp, floNats was weak and Jersey is Thin...

do you think Fernandez will be a good D1 heavyweight? tuff to tell hasn't wrestled much comp, floNats was weak and Jersey is Thin...

I do but Hwt is always one of the hardest weights(for me) to project college success. He wrestles a lot of out of season comp, so we will get to see him hopefully against some upper tier kids. He did make the semis of Super 32(lost in Ot to the winner and got injured). Just think his progression, size and work ethic(Farm Boy) will translate well at the next level.

I do but Hwt is always one of the hardest weights(for me) to project college success. He wrestles a lot of out of season comp, so we will get to see him hopefully against some upper tier kids. He did make the semis of Super 32(lost in Ot to the winner and got injured). Just think his progression, size and work ethic(Farm Boy) will translate well at the next level.
He's got some speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT