ADVERTISEMENT

X

What a shallow take.

We beat Columbia in OT and scored 54 in a win against Boston U. We won ugly last year and finished below .500 again. Pointing to this game as kind of improvement from last season is ridiculous.

We beat Columbia in OT and scored 54 in a win against Boston U. We won ugly last year and finished below .500 again. Pointing to this game as kind of improvement from last season is ridiculous.
The OP pointed to one aspect we improved in. He is not beating his chest about the victory. Kindly get off your high horse while you're telling people how to feel about a season that is still very green.

"Very high chance we lose that game in past years."
Yes - very high chance we lose a game that goes down to the wire where the FT line is key if we only shoot 60% from the line. Temple only beat Drexel by eight at home this year. Last season, Temple beat them by 18 at Drexel. Is it possible this year's Drexel team is better than last season's team?

I'm happy the free throw shooting was good today. I think it's a mistake to read too much into that. If you disagree then that's fine.

And lost to a bad Fordham team

One area of concern for me is rebounding. I do wonder if as we move past these low majors we start seeing more Harper at the "3" with Yeboah/Myles, Shaq/Myles, Yeboah/Shaq as two post players. Really tough to do that against these kinds of teams.

One area of concern for me is rebounding. I do wonder if as we move past these low majors we start seeing more Harper at the "3" with Yeboah/Myles, Shaq/Myles, Yeboah/Shaq as two post players. Really tough to do that against these kinds of teams.

2 things were obvious to me...Geo is very important (36 minutes too much, but if I am Pikiell I play him 36 minutes too) and Myles is a difference make on the defenive end as a shot blocker. Quite frankly we need 2 of him.

Saturday is VERY important in getting to 9-2

Most obvious point to me thus far is it is going to take a bit of time to figure out how best to replace Eugene’s impact. I do think it comes together. But it will take some time.

Most obvious point to me thus far is it is going to take a bit of time to figure out how best to replace Eugene’s impact. I do think it comes together. But it will take some time.

I made my point over and over and over in the offseason so since the season has started I am really going to try and not go there.

Reactions: RutgHoops
I was out of town so for me this was my 1st game....i need to see way more on the new guys.

1 take away is I thought Geo looked better physically. Also thought his on ball defense was pretty darn good.

If you are determined to find something to complain about, you will always find it.

I'm not looking for something to complain about. All I'm saying is that you can't say "we lost to Fordham last year but won this game, so there's improvement." Who's to say we don't lose to UMass, or NJIT, or St. Bonaventure? If we play the way we did against Bryant or Drexel against those three, chances are we drop one.

I'm not looking for something to complain about. All I'm saying is that you can't say "we lost to Fordham last year but won this game, so there's improvement." Who's to say we don't lose to UMass, or NJIT, or St. Bonaventure? If we play the way we did against Bryant or Drexel against those three, chances are we drop one.

Perhaps you can start a thread about how poor play in other areas would have meant losses last year. The OP is about trending in the right direction from the line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT