ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday's WSOC scrimmage vs. Loyola

Anyone know how Mike and Staff are recruiting going into fall. There were some concerns recruiting was dropping off. Hopefully, he is turning that around.

Awesome I just looked up Loyola 2023 and they were 11-6 so no real cupcake let’s hope this offense is for real because we know we can play defense
The offense is a huge question mark. They’ve basically averaged 1 goal per game over the last season and a half.

recruiting the 2025 class has been in for a while
Alyssa Carlson mf lodestar fc texas
Lindsay Hailey D North Carolina courage
Julia Joseph D Portland or thorns
Jayme Maranda pda
Sarah Martinez MF NC Courage
Gabriella Sanchez STA NJ D
LaurenSwafford G PDA
all the above 3 stars
Is that a path to mediocrity? Do we need to land higher ranked players (is there a 4 and 5 stars? Admittedly I don't know who does rankings to how reliable they are in this area).

Is that a path to mediocrity? Do we need to land higher ranked players (is there a 4 and 5 stars? Admittedly I don't know who does rankings to how reliable they are in this area).
Top drawer soccer pretty much ranks kids skills , who play ECNl, in camps when they are younger.
I mean there are a vast amount of rank able young girls so it’s not an ongoing process.
Or it wasn’t when my girls played

Reactions: rucoe89
Sammy Kroeger, Emily Mason and Frankie T were all 5 starts at one time
Currently 2024 Shaela Bradley mid is a four star 2023 Gabby Gil was a four star
A four star player is usually very very good
There are not a lot of 5 stars

Reactions: rucoe89
Outside of Gabby, USYNT experience is a common denominator in that group. I wouldn’t read a whole lot into exact rankings as it’s not the most fair/open process, but obviously would be a concern if there’s zero ranked recruits.

Side note, didn’t realize Gabby was ranked that high. Looking forward to seeing her return to play!

Reactions: Cadyam1
Hi. Seems like a lot of you have a great understanding of women's college soccer recruiting. I am new to the sport but both of my girls play club soccer in Charleston, South Carolina for Surf. My oldest is going into her freshman year in high school and she plays for the Girls Academy team. The GA team is relatively comparable with ECNL (I know on the whole ECNL typically is superior but we play in one of, if not the, hardest GA league in the country). Also we don't have access to a ECNL team as the closest is over 2 hours away and mediocre.

I digress...we are just now starting to get into the beginning of the years where I've been told we need to start building a recruitment profile for her if she has aspirations of playing in college. I am reluctant to put the cart before the horse as she's still young and kids change so rapidly but at the same time I don't want to be playing catch up a year down the road.

I would appreciate any and all advice/insights you have into the process and first steps I should be taking. Thank you!

Reactions: poRtUgal
Hi. Seems like a lot of you have a great understanding of women's college soccer recruiting. I am new to the sport but both of my girls play club soccer in Charleston, South Carolina for Surf. My oldest is going into her freshman year in high school and she plays for the Girls Academy team. The GA team is relatively comparable with ECNL (I know on the whole ECNL typically is superior but we play in one of, if not the, hardest GA league in the country). Also we don't have access to a ECNL team as the closest is over 2 hours away and mediocre.

I digress...we are just now starting to get into the beginning of the years where I've been told we need to start building a recruitment profile for her if she has aspirations of playing in college. I am reluctant to put the cart before the horse as she's still young and kids change so rapidly but at the same time I don't want to be playing catch up a year down the road.

I would appreciate any and all advice/insights you have into the process and first steps I should be taking. Thank you!
I don’t think people will reply. We are all well intentioned here and would like to but know nothing at all about your daughter or the training or competition

So absent any of that all I might suggest is to try to find a team playing at the PDA college showcase next May and be seen by 100 coaches

But as far as progression the 2020 class had all committed as hs freshmen or sophs with Riley Tiernan in the 8th grade
Just keep up the hard work

The offense is a huge question mark. They’ve basically averaged 1 goal per game over the last season and a half.
Wasn't there but someone who was said that Ashley Baron had two goals & Gia Germin had one. Don't know about the fourth. Baron is a scorer, but without top end speed.

Last edited:
Wasn't there buy someone who was said that Ashley Baron had two goals & Gia Germin had one. Don't know about the fourth. Baron is a scorer, but without top end speed.
Gia is so quick and gets a lot of opportunities, but had trouble finishing last year. If she just learns how to finish, she can be a real weapon.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
I don’t think people will reply. We are all well intentioned here and would like to but know nothing at all about your daughter or the training or competition

So absent any of that all I might suggest is to try to find a team playing at the PDA college showcase next May and be seen by 100 coaches

But as far as progression the 2020 class had all committed as hs freshmen or sophs with Riley Tiernan in the 8th grade
Just keep up the hard work
Yeah sorry if that was vague. I wasn’t looking for her to be recruited by RU. Just wanted some general feedback about the process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT