ADVERTISEMENT

You’re Greg Schiano. Apart from salary, what are your demands?

Does he really have any leverage? The guy completely bailed on the program he built right when we were heading to bigger and better things. He couldn’t get us to a BCS bowl. I’m still a hard pass on the guy.

Big Ten budget for entire football program, ie, over $80 million

Big ten quality field house ASAP

Complete game day locker room under the south (new) end zone stands.

Unlimited use of helicopters for recruiting.
Is it my imagination or did Hobbs say something about a field house in his press conference?

Reactions: ru1869
If he got all of the things above, we would be finally operating at the SEC level.

Reactions: ru1869
MORE land from the nature preserve
1243008-13-20190617154114.jpeg

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
Player dorms right next to his house with 24-hour camera surveillance. I'm not sure if he'll demand players and employees be implanted with tracking chips.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
"apart from salary"
He walked off a job paying $1.5 million. What salary is he going to demand?

Does he really have any leverage? The guy completely bailed on the program he built right when we were heading to bigger and better things. He couldn’t get us to a BCS bowl. I’m still a hard pass on the guy.

Exactly what I am thinking.

More like if you are Rutgers, what are your demands to Greg Schiano?

Rutgers needs better at this point. No need for Eddie Jordan layover hire. Find the right person, pay them. No more buyouts.

Reactions: Hondo77
Big Ten budget for entire football program, ie, over $80 million

Big ten quality field house ASAP

Complete game day locker room under the south (new) end zone stands.

Unlimited use of helicopters for recruiting.
I agree with the field house but the game day lockers are coming for next fall. They will be done before the Rodkin Center is done and will have two sets of locker rooms that will be for the visiting team during football and be used by lacrosse on game days as well

If he comes in with ridiculous demands and asks for big money I hope we walk away. He needs to worry about football and let Hobbs worry about everything else.

He could win everyone over by asking for a low/moderate salary and a good budget for his assistants. He doesn't need the money so this shouldn't be a big deal. He could then afford quality coordinators, etc.

Reactions: Wolv RU
If he comes in with ridiculous demands and asks for big money I hope we walk away. He needs to worry about football and let Hobbs worry about everything else.

He could win everyone over by asking for a low/moderate salary and a good budget for his assistants. He doesn't need the money so this shouldn't be a big deal. He could then afford quality coordinators, etc.

I am sure he will appreciate your advice.

Threads like this set up people for such bitter disappointment...

...oh wait we are Rutgers fans, the aforementioned is assumed![roll]

Reactions: asgot
VIP lounge with stripper poles and a dedicated ambassador program. :Sly:

Last edited:
Reactions: mildone
It’s amazing that people complain that RU is always cheap yet when it comes to hiring a coach they don’t want to pay the going rate. A HC in the B1G should make at least $3.5mm and probably more. Whether you like Schiano or not, if he’s the choice he’s getting paid market rate, and he should. In fact, any HC we hire should make that money.

A new competent administration that would not bring back a coach for 4 games to save a few million and set a program deeper in a hole.

in all honesty what leverage does he have? He not a hot commodity. Most AD would not even interview him for a head job after the UT disaster. He has a sub .500 record as a head coach. His best year was 13 years ago and the game has changed a lot since then. He is better known today as the control freak tyrant as NFL coach to current recruits. On top of that he still has the Sandusky baggage.

Reactions: miket007
I don't think he has a ton of leverage to negotiate on personal salary, as he's not going to be in line for any other P5 vacancies. After what happened at Tennessee and the weird exit with the Pats, I don't think many programs or fanbases would really embrace him. So his options would really be to take a coordinator or consultant gig of some kind at a major program or be a HC at a lower level. Neither is as attractive as a B1G HC job. I expect his salary to be reasonable but certainly not eye-popping and he doesn't enter negotiations with much leverage.

What he SHOULD insist on, and what the administration should do everything in their power to make happen, is a substantial budget for a coaching staff. Greg as HC CAN work, but if he doesn't have an OC with an innovative system that kids want to play in and a staff full of dogged recruiters who can dramatically improve the talent level in the program, it's going to fail yet again. A good HC is priority one, but an elite recruiting staff (preferably one that can clean up in NJ) should be priority 1A.

Reactions: Scarlet83
He has only one life to live.

You really think it's fair to ask him to say no to the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pursue his dream job?

What is the one thing in this world you want to do before you die?

What would it take for you to give that up?

Really think about this.

Reactions: redking
Schiano should feel lucky that a Div. I College football program has any interest in him! Therefore, money should not lead his list. But, his arrogance won't let him see that important fact. And, I can say the same for many on here.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT