ADVERTISEMENT

You have the power to have RU football beat the same team each year 2023-25. Who do you pick?

Morrischiano

All American
Dec 3, 2019
Let's imaging that you can dictate the future and you have the power to pick one school that RU will beat in football over the 2023, 2024 and 2025 season (the school will be the same each year).

Which school do you pick?

Toss up between Penn State and Ohio State, for different reasons. Penn State because of recruiting territories and because their fans would absolutely hate it. Ohio State, on the other hand, would give us instant national recognition. Michigan would be another choice, but we already beat them as Big Ten members and we have played them close as well.

Scarlet Jerry

Toss up between Penn State and Ohio State, for different reasons. Penn State because of recruiting territories and because their fans would absolutely hate it. Ohio State, on the other hand, would give us instant national recognition. Michigan would be another choice, but we already beat them as Big Ten members and we have played them close as well.

Scarlet Jerry

You basically read my mind on every point PSU/OSU/Mich

I'd go with OSU, who we only play twice in the next 3 years. They'll likely be #1 when we play them at home in November. It would be a national story. Then to do it in 2024, in Columbus would be epic.

Penn state. That is the answer. The only answer.

Imagine how fustrating it would be to beat OSU and then lose to PSU ?! That would be doing PSU a huge favor and position them to reach championship game , which they haven’t been able to do and remain second tier

Reactions: anon_ivydyf0amkzay
what a weird question.. but I'll go with Georgia in the CFP or NC game. If asked last year I would have chosen Bama.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Let's imaging that you can dictate the future and you have the power to pick one school that RU will beat in football over the 2023, 2024 and 2025 season (the school will be the same each year).

State Penn

Reactions: satnom
USC. Because, as Al says, we are the USC of the East. And, now, there's only room for one USC in college football.

😁​

add South Carolina to the must beat category, because they are the USC east of LA
mexican-movie.gif

I’m a realist, Maryland. It would be a good start. I laugh at the suggestions of OSU. I’m 65, I can say definitely that RU will not beat OSU in three straight years in my lifetime and probably not PSU either.

I’m a realist, Maryland. It would be a good start. I laugh at the suggestions of OSU. I’m 65, I can say definitely that RU will not beat OSU in three straight years in my lifetime and probably not PSU either.
You must be a blast at parties

If I have to choose, then I'd choose all of them. There's no team I want to beat any more than any other team.

I'm a little older , but can hope OSU, psu.Michigan and the rest will be beat 5 times or more before I give life a rest.
In case you're wondering: I plan to live longer than Methuselah 😁

As much as I'd like to say PSU would like to go for the brass ring with brass balls and have the USC of the East beat up on USC😁

I pick Maryland.

Match up with Maryland because they will get better.
The goal is to start with a 6-6 season and build on that success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT