ADVERTISEMENT

Your Big 10 placings

RUCrackers

Junior
Mar 8, 2019
I'd like to hear what all of you think a realistic finish would be for our dudes at the Big 10's. This is my guess.

Shawver: Definitely a top 6 guy. Strength has been his weakness against the top guys, but that will come with maturity and training. My pick: 4th or 5th place.

Olivieri: Gonna go out on a limb here and say he is my dark horse finalist. Realistically, I would say if he wrestles smart, tightens up the defense, and gets a little lower in his stance, he's a real good shot of placing in the top 3-4. My pick: 5th place.

Seabass: Uhhh, how I want to say he is gonna win it in dramatic fashion. But if the stars are aligned, I see him facing Eierman. Don't think Seabass can take this one. I'm praying to God I am so wrong on this, but I just think Eierman is too funky and hard to take down. I will say, I think if Seabass is aggressive enough, he will take it to him. Eierman seems to break when he is pushed. My Pick: 3rd

Mike VanBrill: Well, well, I don't even want to say something, because Harley will blow a gasket and mention me in at least 5 different trailer parks and under a dollar booze insults. If MVB can wrestle with sheer aggression and focus, he can wiin that f*cking thing. My guess is he will wrestle better and more focused and not let last year's NCAA jitters get to him My pick: 5-6th place.

Kanniard: Well, This kid has been a huge head scratch this year. On one side you see him taking down NCAA champ, O' Connor twice, and then you see some flapjack take him off his feet 3 times in a row. If he could live with that honker of his getting bashed in during this tournament, and eating the pain, he could place very high. I think that is wishful thinking on my part, and ultimately think he will win at least one, but lose at least twice. Don't think he will qualify. Had high hopes for him this year. My pick: Non-qualifier

Clark: Saw about 2 to 3 instances where I was like "Oh maybe he read my insults and finally grew a set". But, the last 2 performances have me back to my original thoughts, that he is fried and just doing it to either maintain his pride or his scholarship. He looks visibly defeated out there. A shame. Has all the tools to be great. Instead, I had to watch him like "Oh boy...I got taken down again...and look...there is that piece of gum from last week on saw on the mat". My pick: No chance

Oneill: Another one who thinks the waiting game will score points. He had a hard time countering against marginal wrestlers. Ha! wait till he sees Starocci first round or some other killer. My pick: 1 or 2 and done.

Poz: Uhhh, I feel we have another Scott Winston on our hands ( great kid by the way...Winston). I think Poz has hit a ceiling with strength and potential. I think the 4th last year, was by a driven, powerful, motivated freshman. This year, he looks defeated, not very strong, and lacks that killer instinct he once had. If he is really and truly gravely injured, then I am impressed with him pushing through. I just don't think that is the case. Everyone thinks he is wincing in pain, but that is the way he wrestles because of the one eye. I hope he finds that spark again. My pick: 5th

Bulsak: The kid has a huge mountain to climb and of any RU wrestler, he is the man to do it. If he comes out guns blazing, keeps that defense of his tight as hell, and is aware that other wrestlers know he will throw in legs, then he has every chance of winning this tournament. My pick: 4th

Boone: Kid has heart. Unfortunately its after the match when he wins a squeaker against some mid to low-level wrestler. Just not aggressive, or strong enough to compete in this conference. Gives up too much weight too. He can't sit there like the "Thinker" statue and wait for a move to come to him against Paris, Hilger, Cassiopi, or Steveson. He will get teched or packed in the first period. ...mark my words. My pick: One win at best and No chance of qualifying

Reactions: gogs7
Nice breakdown, but I think you're wrong on Clark and Poz. Clark is overmatched, maybe a little out of shape. He doesn't look burnt out to me. He looks pretty weak and needs to build strength/get more offensive.

Poz wrestled amazing last season and set a very high bar for himself. Don't forget there were a handful of good wrestlers/teams not competing last year. I think he benefited from the shortened season where teams didn't have as much intel on him as they do now. No chance he's burnt out or weak. He eats, breathes, sleeps wrestling and weigh-training. I just think he hit some of his best stuff against Brooks and hit a dam wall. That high crotch was deep and would have taken down 99% of the field. Getting somewhat schooled probably messed with his head. Anyhow, he's in a weird place. I think it's mental (perhaps lacking some confidence), but the talent and strength are there. So is his heart.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I'd like to hear what all of you think a realistic finish would be for our dudes at the Big 10's. This is my guess.

Shawver: Definitely a top 6 guy. Strength has been his weakness against the top guys, but that will come with maturity and training. My pick: 4th or 5th place.

Olivieri: Gonna go out on a limb here and say he is my dark horse finalist. Realistically, I would say if he wrestles smart, tightens up the defense, and gets a little lower in his stance, he's a real good shot of placing in the top 3-4. My pick: 5th place.

Seabass: Uhhh, how I want to say he is gonna win it in dramatic fashion. But if the stars are aligned, I see him facing Eierman. Don't think Seabass can take this one. I'm praying to God I am so wrong on this, but I just think Eierman is too funky and hard to take down. I will say, I think if Seabass is aggressive enough, he will take it to him. Eierman seems to break when he is pushed. My Pick: 3rd

Mike VanBrill: Well, well, I don't even want to say something, because Harley will blow a gasket and mention me in at least 5 different trailer parks and under a dollar booze insults. If MVB can wrestle with sheer aggression and focus, he can wiin that f*cking thing. My guess is he will wrestle better and more focused and not let last year's NCAA jitters get to him My pick: 5-6th place.

Kanniard: Well, This kid has been a huge head scratch this year. On one side you see him taking down NCAA champ, O' Connor twice, and then you see some flapjack take him off his feet 3 times in a row. If he could live with that honker of his getting bashed in during this tournament, and eating the pain, he could place very high. I think that is wishful thinking on my part, and ultimately think he will win at least one, but lose at least twice. Don't think he will qualify. Had high hopes for him this year. My pick: Non-qualifier

Clark: Saw about 2 to 3 instances where I was like "Oh maybe he read my insults and finally grew a set". But, the last 2 performances have me back to my original thoughts, that he is fried and just doing it to either maintain his pride or his scholarship. He looks visibly defeated out there. A shame. Has all the tools to be great. Instead, I had to watch him like "Oh boy...I got taken down again...and look...there is that piece of gum from last week on saw on the mat". My pick: No chance

Oneill: Another one who thinks the waiting game will score points. He had a hard time countering against marginal wrestlers. Ha! wait till he sees Starocci first round or some other killer. My pick: 1 or 2 and done.

Poz: Uhhh, I feel we have another Scott Winston on our hands ( great kid by the way...Winston). I think Poz has hit a ceiling with strength and potential. I think the 4th last year, was by a driven, powerful, motivated freshman. This year, he looks defeated, not very strong, and lacks that killer instinct he once had. If he is really and truly gravely injured, then I am impressed with him pushing through. I just don't think that is the case. Everyone thinks he is wincing in pain, but that is the way he wrestles because of the one eye. I hope he finds that spark again. My pick: 5th

Bulsak: The kid has a huge mountain to climb and of any RU wrestler, he is the man to do it. If he comes out guns blazing, keeps that defense of his tight as hell, and is aware that other wrestlers know he will throw in legs, then he has every chance of winning this tournament. My pick: 4th

Boone: Kid has heart. Unfortunately its after the match when he wins a squeaker against some mid to low-level wrestler. Just not aggressive, or strong enough to compete in this conference. Gives up too much weight too. He can't sit there like the "Thinker" statue and wait for a move to come to him against Paris, Hilger, Cassiopi, or Steveson. He will get teched or packed in the first period. ...mark my words. My pick: One win at best and No chance of qualifying
Who do you have Shawver beating in the top 6? I can’t see him beating any of the 6 guys ahead rn.. think peak is 7th place if seeds hold.

I’m high on Olivieri too but the top 4 seeds are really tough.. I think he can beat out the rest of the other guys though..

I got a healthy Seabass pulling a Ash senior year campaign and winning it… I think he will push the pace on Eirman and beat him.. Lee is the one more of a tossup imo..

Reactions: njsportsphan
125 might be the deepest weight class in the conference. Shawver might be a top 12-15 wrestler in the country and still not finish top 8 in the conference.

Nice breakdown, but I think you're wrong on Clark and Poz. Clark is overmatched, maybe a little out of shape. He doesn't look burnt out to me. He looks pretty weak and needs to build strength/get more offensive.

Poz wrestled amazing last season and set a very high bar for himself. Don't forget there were a handful of good wrestlers/teams not competing last year. I think he benefited from the shortened season where teams didn't have as much intel on him as they do now. No chance he's burnt out or weak. He eats, breathes, sleeps wrestling and weigh-training. I just think he hit some of his best stuff against Brooks and hit a dam wall. That high crotch was deep and would have taken down 99% of the field. Getting somewhat schooled probably messed with his head. Anyhow, he's in a weird place. I think it's mental (perhaps lacking some confidence), but the talent and strength are there. So is his heart.
I agree, with you on the weak schedule from last year. That gave Poz a nice 4th place finish. But, he did beat the toughest guys in the country, regardless. I just think he hit a wall, and it is definitely, mental. I think he is a little fried and has lost some interest in the sport. Let me rephrase that. He does like to work hard and loves wrestling, but is not separating himself away from the pack to where he is elite in mind and body, consistently. He is an awesome kid, by the way, and I hate bagging on him. But the truth is the truth.

Who do you have Shawver beating in the top 6? I can’t see him beating any of the 6 guys ahead rn.. think peak is 7th place if seeds hold.

I’m high on Olivieri too but the top 4 seeds are really tough.. I think he can beat out the rest of the other guys though..

I got a healthy Seabass pulling a Ash senior year campaign and winning it… I think he will push the pace on Eirman and beat him.. Lee is the one more of a tossup imo..
I know he had a rough go at it the first time, but I can see Shawver beating a Heinselman, Mckee or a Barnett. Suriano, no way.

Good read on the projections here. Only comment I have is that my understanding is that Poz is “dealing with a little something”. I’m not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds closer to there is a bit of something to it opposed to nothing at all like he’s plateaued. I don’t think it’s an injury “per se”, he is out there wrestling through whatever it is, but looks and sounded like something nagging.

Last edited:
I thought losing to Brooks and then getting caught and pinned shattered his confidence. Someone needs to help him get his mojo back. Is Myles Martin there working with him? This is the time Martin is most needed; I sure hope he's there.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Seb needs to take the Nick Lee approach to wrestling Eirman. That is, don't choose bottom. Lee learned his lesson and Cael & staff made their adjustments.

Seb is much stronger than last year. I was a lot higher on Eirman for that matchup then. But, Seb just needs to beat him on his feet and on top.

There will be a lot of tough matchups before the semis though, so hopefully he takes care of business.

I agree, with you on the weak schedule from last year. That gave Poz a nice 4th place finish. But, he did beat the toughest guys in the country, regardless. I just think he hit a wall, and it is definitely, mental. I think he is a little fried and has lost some interest in the sport. Let me rephrase that. He does like to work hard and loves wrestling, but is not separating himself away from the pack to where he is elite in mind and body, consistently. He is an awesome kid, by the way, and I hate bagging on him. But the truth is the truth.
Well, if he's plateaud then hopefully Martin and Buxton can give him new insights along with both Donnys and Ash. Next year Turley, Soldano and possibly Janzer & Casale will give him new looks as far as partner rotations go. I don't think he's lost passion though.

I can't imagine him gaining much skill when O'Neil is the other body to work with.

And I hear you on the whole knocking thing. I do hate to knock these kids. Especially as an individual sport. But D1 athletes, while not pros are in the spotlight for a reason. And it's no different than being critical of a D1 football player, which has a much bigger audience. Real is real though.

Anyhow, we'll see how he does this weekend. He might not get the placing that he wants but I think he'll find his MOJO heading back to NCAAs.

I'd like to hear what all of you think a realistic finish would be for our dudes at the Big 10's.
Here are my guesses.

Shawver 6th - needs to beat McKee in his 1st bout
Oliveri 7th
Rivera 2nd but probably defaults before semi-finals so then 6th
Van Brill 6th assuming he beast Storr in 1st bout - they are 1 and 1
Kanniard 9th - needs great tourney to qualify one of the 7 spots
Clark NQ goes 1 and 2
O'Neil NQ goes 1 and 2
Poz Not idea - guessing 5th
Bulsak 2nd upsets Dean and Caffey
Boone NQ goes 1 and 2

After looking through the brackets, I’m always rooting for RU, but going to make my picks as objective as possible:

Shawver: Gets McKee(placed 3rd last year) 1st round and I’m not predicting upset again. If he loses here, will most likely get DeAugustino.. there’s a decent chance 0-2 happens(sry crackers). If beats McKee, loses to Suriano, most likely need to beat Cardini(beaten him b4) to gtd top 8.

Olivieri: Beats Ramos, loses to RBY, beats Serrano, then gets loser of Ragusin/Foley. I don’t think Joey beats either so will be placed in 7th/8th match.

Rivera: Possibly the toughest draw, needs to beat Micic, Eirman, Lee to win title. If healthy, that’s what I’m predicting. If not fully healthy, might lose to Micic as he’s very dangerous seed.

MVB: Storr is dangerous.. probably close To a tossup.. MVB needs to win this bc if he loses would face yahya/Murin in blood round. MVB guts out the win, loses to Lovett, beats North/Omania, beats Bartlett, loses to yahya/Murin to wrestle For 5th/6th

Kanniard: Beats Hepner(former ru recruit), loses to Deakin, then loses to Model/Berge

Clark: Loses to Fish(lost to him 4-0 vs mich st), winnable match vs McIntosh, loses to Braunagel.

O’Neill: Loses to Kemerer, loses to South.(if beats South, would get McNally/O’Reilly next)

Poz: Beats Salazar, loses to Amine, beats Washington/Cochran, gets revenge on Malczewski, beats Assad/Venz to go into 3rd/4th place match. Pretty good revenge tour draw imo

Bulsak: Beats Davison, then gets Dean… I think there’s a realistic chance Bulsak beats Dean(was leading until late 3rd) and then Caffey(also leading n then caught) to make the finals.. but let’s say loses to Dean, beats Hoffman/Amos, beats Penola, then loses to Brucki/Warner/Schultz to make 5th/6th place match.. (also possible Bulsaks beats them n moves into 3rd/4th match this weight is very open)

Boone: Loses to Davison, beats Wilton(won vs MSU last time in OT), loses to Lance.

After looking through the brackets, I’m always rooting for RU, but going to make my picks as objective as possible:

Shawver: Gets McKee(placed 3rd last year) 1st round and I’m not predicting upset again. If he loses here, will most likely get DeAugustino.. there’s a decent chance 0-2 happens(sry crackers). If beats McKee, loses to Suriano, most likely need to beat Cardini(beaten him b4) to gtd top 8.

Olivieri: Beats Ramos, loses to RBY, beats Serrano, then gets loser of Ragusin/Foley. I don’t think Joey beats either so will be placed in 7th/8th match.

Rivera: Possibly the toughest draw, needs to beat Micic, Eirman, Lee to win title. If healthy, that’s what I’m predicting. If not fully healthy, might lose to Micic as he’s very dangerous seed.

MVB: Storr is dangerous.. probably close To a tossup.. MVB needs to win this bc if he loses would face yahya/Murin in blood round. MVB guts out the win, loses to Lovett, beats North/Omania, beats Bartlett, loses to yahya/Murin to wrestle For 5th/6th

Kanniard: Beats Hepner(former ru recruit), loses to Deakin, then loses to Model/Berge

Clark: Loses to Fish(lost to him 4-0 vs mich st), winnable match vs McIntosh, loses to Braunagel.

O’Neill: Loses to Kemerer, loses to South.(if beats South, would get McNally/O’Reilly next)

Poz: Beats Salazar, loses to Amine, beats Washington/Cochran, gets revenge on Malczewski, beats Assad/Venz to go into 3rd/4th place match. Pretty good revenge tour draw imo

Bulsak: Beats Davison, then gets Dean… I think there’s a realistic chance Bulsak beats Dean(was leading until late 3rd) and then Caffey(also leading n then caught) to make the finals.. but let’s say loses to Dean, beats Hoffman/Amos, beats Penola, then loses to Brucki/Warner/Schultz to make 5th/6th place match.. (also possible Bulsaks beats them n moves into 3rd/4th match this weight is very open)

Boone: Loses to Davison, beats Wilton(won vs MSU last time in OT), loses to Lance.
Kid, great, great analysis. I think this is as spot-on as you can get. My picks might be wishful thinking. It will be great after the tournament to compare notes with the outcomes. I do have a feeling I was really off with Olivieri. I think everyone else, including my dark horse types ( ie MVB and Bulsak) may go your way with the picks. Nice job.

Reactions: KidDagger
You’re always bragging how you’re always right because you were a good wrestler 40 years ago, let’s see how your predictions went:

125 - wrong
133 - wrong
141 - wrong
149 - you made 2 guesses so I guess right
157 - predictable prediction considering only 1/2 were qualifying
165 - predictable prediction but you did your damndest to insult the kid while making it
174 - predictable prediction but you did your damndest to insult the kid while making it
189 - wrong
197 - wrong
Hwy - predictable prediction but you did your damndest to insult the kid while making it

You’re a real modern day Nostradamus

You’re always bragging how you’re always right because you were a good wrestler 40 years ago, let’s see how your predictions went:

125 - wrong
133 - wrong
141 - wrong
149 - you made 2 guesses so I guess right
157 - predictable prediction considering only 1/2 were qualifying
165 - predictable prediction but you did your damndest to insult the kid while making it
174 - predictable prediction but you did your damndest to insult the kid while making it
189 - wrong
197 - wrong
Hwy - predictable prediction but you did your damndest to insult the kid while making it

You’re a real modern day Nostradamus
What are you...some kind of sn asshole? They are predictions, you smegma. Do you have some sort of betting analysis background? You are definitely Harley1. Nobody acts like this except you. pathetic dude, just pathetic

What are you...some kind of sn asshole? They are predictions, you smegma. Do you have some sort of betting analysis background? You are definitely Harley1. Nobody acts like this except you. pathetic dude, just pathetic
So someone else sees you for what you are and you blame me ..lol..next time try being sober while we listen to your bottom of the bottle predictions ..I don't need a second account to say what you are ..your a has been who lives off what you did 40 years ago yet still feel a need to defame kids who represent a school you supposedly love ...first Jojo came here to call you out and now Billy ...plus a few parents along the way ..your a disgrace to the sport, the school and this forum

So someone else sees you for what you are and you blame me ..lol..next time try being sober while we listen to your bottom of the bottle predictions ..I don't need a second account to say what you are ..your a has been who lives off what you did 40 years ago yet still feel a need to defame kids who represent a school you supposedly love ...first Jojo came here to call you out and now Billy ...plus a few parents along the way ..your a disgrace to the sport, the school and this forum
This is the last time I'm going to respond to you because you like to bait people, and it's because you're a failure in life. There's no other way to explain it. You project all these ill wills and problems on other people because they're your own issues. I can't have a conversation with people who just sit in the stands and observe, like yourself. It's easy to be an objective critic, when you've never done it yourself. It's monotonous and useless responding to your insults because it's coming from someone who clearly has some self-hatred. So moving forward, you can say all you want but I'm not responding to you anymore.

This is the last time I'm going to respond to you because you like to bait people, and it's because you're a failure in life. There's no other way to explain it. You project all these ill wills and problems on other people because they're your own issues. I can't have a conversation with people who just sit in the stands and observe, like yourself. It's easy to be an objective critic, when you've never done it yourself. It's monotonous and useless responding to your insults because it's coming from someone who clearly has some self-hatred. So moving forward, you can say all you want but I'm not responding to you anymore.
Another bottom of the bottle analysis I suppose...your a has been who has no respect for today’s wrestlers or your former school ...trust me I don’t live in a trailer and I gave you your props when you seemed coherent when you posted some legit thought but then went off the rails because you just cant help yourself I guess .lBilly put you in your place so let’s leave it at that

Boys
It was a decent tournament for RU in what I would describe as a brutal meat grinder. Look how many medical forfeits there were which gives testimony to my statements. Could we have done better? Sure. If you told me we would have 7 NCAA qualifiers I would have signed on immediately. 4 of those 7 have 3 years left. Look at a kid like Shawver. The kid he beat in the first round comes back to take 3rd. I know that you will all say I am the eternal optimist, a shill and a homer but that is the way I feel. If Seabass had been able to be at 100% I feel he would have won it.

Shawver has made good progress this year.
IMO he has a shot at AA prior to his time being done at RU
(If he can keep the 125 spot, not sure if he can beat Dean Peterson if DP goes 125)

Shawver has made good progress this year.
IMO he has a shot at AA prior to his time being done at RU
(If he can keep the 125 spot, not sure if he can beat Dean Peterson if DP goes 125)
Shawver has been absolutely great and suprising addition. One guy on the team that doesn't stop and always keeps it going. Young too! Can't wait to see him a little more physical as he gets to be an upper class men.

Boys
It was a decent tournament for RU in what I would describe as a brutal meat grinder. Look how many medical forfeits there were which gives testimony to my statements. Could we have done better? Sure. If you told me we would have 7 NCAA qualifiers I would have signed on immediately. 4 of those 7 have 3 years left. Look at a kid like Shawver. The kid he beat in the first round comes back to take 3rd. I know that you will all say I am the eternal optimist, a shill and a homer but that is the way I feel. If Seabass had been able to be at 100% I feel he would have won it.
Not only are 4 young, but we have guys waiting in the wings like white, Peterson, soldano who can step into spots and compete imo. Not to mention getting turley and Alvarez back in the lineup.
It was a grinder this year for sure, and I know we had some results that were tough to stomach but we absolutely have a high ceiling moving forward and we WILL be much stronger after getting all these young guys quality big ten experience early on in their careers.

Boys
It was a decent tournament for RU in what I would describe as a brutal meat grinder. Look how many medical forfeits there were which gives testimony to my statements. Could we have done better? Sure. If you told me we would have 7 NCAA qualifiers I would have signed on immediately. 4 of those 7 have 3 years left. Look at a kid like Shawver. The kid he beat in the first round comes back to take 3rd. I know that you will all say I am the eternal you are indeed correct a shill and a homer but that is the way I feel. If Seabass had been able to be at 100% I feel he would have won it.

Wng you are indeed correct even Jordan Burroughs who knows a lot more about wrestling than any of these guys and said he was impressed with what Rutgers was able to do in the grinding Big Ten and if anybody was watching you would have heard it firsthand so I'm not sure why these guys are so disappointed than what we did considering a couple guys were banged up and never got a chance to fully wrestle to their potential

Boys
Bill these kids did great. I don't think you need to be a mediator between me and some nobody. I do appreciate your words though. You do always look at the glass half full. I know what this guy tries to do. He tries to gain friends and alliances with people by trying to bait me to argue with college wrestlers by saying things like "Billy put me in my place". It's totally childish, and I'm not playing into it anymore. Moving forward, I'm thinking we can get at least two solid all Americans maybe three. I'm thinking Poz will make a giant comeback. Sea bass is a no-brainer, and I'm thinking either Bulsak or oliveri will pull it out with all American status. Maybe shawver if he wrestles on point and like he did in his tournament

Bill these kids did great. I don't think you need to be a mediator between me and some nobody. I do appreciate your words though. You do always look at the glass half full. I know what this guy tries to do. He tries to gain friends and alliances with people by trying to bait me to argue with college wrestlers by saying things like "Billy put me in my place". It's totally childish, and I'm not playing into it anymore. Moving forward, I'm thinking we can get at least two solid all Americans maybe three. I'm thinking Poz will make a giant comeback. Sea bass is a no-brainer, and I'm thinking either Bulsak or oliveri will pull it out with all American status. Maybe shawver if he wrestles on point and like he did in his tournament
I like to chat with you. All good. I don’t know how to send messages via this forum.

Peterson is going up 133
Was looking forward to Peterson vs Olivieri in the state finals of senior year before Peterson opted for surgery. Guess we’re going to get it in the form of a wrestle off.

Would have predicted Peterson to win coming into this year but a year of big 10 wrestling vs a year on the shelf, I’d have to imagine Olivieri has surpassed him. If Alvarez ends up at 149 maybe one of them goes 141.

Reactions: Leonard23
Was looking forward to Peterson vs Olivieri in the state finals of senior year before Peterson opted for surgery. Guess we’re going to get it in the form of a wrestle off.

Would have predicted Peterson to win coming into this year but a year of big 10 wrestling vs a year on the shelf, I’d have to imagine Olivieri has surpassed him. If Alvarez ends up at 149 maybe one of them goes 141.
Olivieri-141

Olivieri-141
I’m cool with that though he looks like a real strong 133 already. Hope he maintains the strength a weight up. Injuries aside it sounds like the on paper lineup is

125 Shawver
133 Peterson
141 Olivieri
149 White/Alvarez
157 White/Alvarez
165 Kanniard
174 Turley
184 Janzer/Poz
197 Janzer/Poz
285 Boone

Obviously there will be a chance for Soldano at 184/197 especially if Poz takes a RS. Perhaps Kyonte challenges Boone, or Clark challenges Kanniard. Oneill could be in the mix as well after an NQ year. Lot of depth again even after graduating quite a few bodies.

I’m cool with that though he looks like a real strong 133 already. Hope he maintains the strength a weight up. Injuries aside it sounds like the on paper lineup is

125 Shawver
133 Peterson
141 Olivieri
149 White/Alvarez
157 White/Alvarez
165 Kanniard
174 Turley
184 Janzer/Poz
197 Janzer/Poz
285 Boone

Obviously there will be a chance for Soldano at 184/197 especially if Poz takes a RS. Perhaps Kyonte challenges Boone, or Clark challenges Kanniard. Oneill could be in the mix as well after an NQ year. Lot of depth again even after graduating quite a few bodies.
I’d prolly pick Clark to start over Kanniard @165 for now… he’s shown more improvements throughout the season imo..

Looks like a pretty solid squad, especially for duals, next year. Probably wouldn’t be too surprising to qualify 8+… looking forward to a beefed up Sammy too

Wonder if we try to get someone in the portal at 165. Clark has improved but still needs more offense to consistently compete vs B1G wrestlers.
Added depth at that 165/174 is definitely needed. Otherwise if there's an injury we're pretty thin. Thankfully we're getting a solid recruit in that range, but a solid veteran or two could really bolster what we already have.

Wonder if we try to get someone in the portal at 165. Clark has improved but still needs more offense to consistently compete vs B1G wrestlers.
Whoever wrestles for us at 165 will have their hands full at the b10 wrestlers at this weight. Hamiti, Karchla, Amine(all fr/rsfr this year). And Iowa and PSU will add two super freshman in Patrick Kennedy and Facundo…

How did O'Malley do with Drexel this year? If he tore up the minor league circuit, then maybe we can grab him in the portal to wrestle in the big leagues.
He’d be a nice pickup. 22-2 on year(pretty ez schedule) ranked in top 10. Won EIWA title at 174

Reactions: bigmatt718
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT