Votes: 10 10.3%
  • D) Other - please elaborate

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters

RURahh

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2013
I have been in the driver's seat with Andy Katz long before the calender flipped to December. I had been pretty vocal in saying this was far and away our best team since 76, and on some levels ( SOS and pro-forma NET) might be even better than 76.

My top reason for thinking this was the chemistry just seemed Off the Charts with this group, and they were so connected defensively, that we could beat anyone in the country. Tried not to think about depth, especially season ending injuries, cuz in our past, guys have just had tweaks that kept them out for a few games.

If you had asked anyone in November, what starter could we least afford to lose, I doubt you would hear Mag's name, and you are probably still right for thinking that (we are nowhere without Cliff). But Mag was the glue guy, who did things that never showed up in the box score, and MORE IMPORTANT, his injury forced the starters to play more minutes and exposed our lack of depth.

I am not excited to see this version of the team in the tournament, and if I could make a deal with the devil, give me a Sweet 16 run in 2025 instead of a bid this year, but happy to take both 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News