ADVERTISEMENT

Your First Game as a Rutgers Fan

Which side did you sit on ?
I think it was the 1973 game at UConn. Took my wife to be who was originally from Conn on a nice sunny day, but temp around 50. The problem was the wind; about 35-40 mph and constant. Impossible to pass into it. Good game, but couldn't wait for the game to end so we could get inside. Once out of the wind, the silence was deafening and it was hard to hear anything. Always an interesting trip to Storrs for various reasons.
I don't remember a whole lot - meeting the Husky was the big deal for me. My dad is an RU alum (actually he went to both schools) but RU for undergrad so I'm sure we were rooting for RU.

Reactions: RUsince52
Was back in '59 or '60. Think it was Colgate. Growing up in Brunswick we snuck in thru a hole in the fence near River Road and just went and sat on the hill under the scoreboard watching the games. No one ever bothered us.

Penn State - Rutgers 1988. I didn't know it then, but I would become a Rutgers alum and fan later. But back then it was, "Who are these Rutgers and why did we lose to them?"

Penn State - Rutgers 1988. I didn't know it then, but I would become a Rutgers alum and fan later. But back then it was, "Who are these Rutgers and why did we lose to them?"
My first Rutgers game was against Princeton @ Giants Stadium 1978 my freshman year. My first @ Rutgers Stadium was U.Conn later that season. I did listen to WRSU for the opener against Penn St. and the following week vs. Bucknell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT