ADVERTISEMENT

#1 vs #2 tonight

MGSA99

All American
Jan 15, 2002
UCONN vs USCe in Columbia, SC. Sellout crowd, largest crowd to ever witness a women's basketball game in this state. Go Gamecocks!

Reactions: BeKnighted
It would be great for womens basketball to see UCONN lose but I don't see it happening .It doesn't matter if its South Carolina or Notre Dame .They all choke under pressure.

It would be great for womens basketball to see UCONN lose but I don't see it happening .It doesn't matter if its South Carolina or Notre Dame .They all choke under pressure.
Or get overwhelmed. We have always felt that one could at least compete with UConn if one could keep them from going on a big run and putting the game away. That has always seemed to be what happens - when you "blink" (as CVS would say) UConn just takes over.

Of course there are games where choke under pressure may apply (and some games where UConn's opponent is beaten mentally before the game) but usually I wouldn't use those terms for the very top competitors to UConn.

That said, UConn by 20. Not what I want, what I expect.

14-6 semi-run by UConn in the first 6:30 of the 3rd quarter. Now up by 18.

its terrible and womens hoops takes a huge hit with the top team dominating any other top team by 20-40 points every time they play

I won't say the Gamecocks are making a game of it, but the UConn lead had been 20 and now is 15 with 6:00 left.

66-54 final is a bit closer than I expected, but the Huskies were pretty much secure from 3:00 into the 3rd quarter.

As always, the NCAA should have a tournament for everyone but UConn, and have that winner play the Huskies for the title. Call it the race for #2.

The Uconn womens basketball team is the closest thing in all of sports to predicting a national championship and being correct more than 90% of the time.

I wonder if you can even place bets on UConn winning the women's championship and make any money.

this is why it is hard to watch womens basketball especially the NCAA tournament there is absolutely no drama. UConn's dominance is killing womens basketball like some said above you know who is going to win so why watch

It would be more interesting to have UCONN plus some WNBA teams. They would probably beat half of them.

Don't like it but the UConn WBB team is something every RU WBB fan wishes RU could be.
I won't whine about them because of how good the UConn program is, I just respect what Geno done and hope RU is that way some day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT