ADVERTISEMENT

#11 in RPI

I am feeling 3 as well, BIG teams beating each other just doesn't seem to carry the same weight with the committee as the ACC teams beating each other does.

Do they have a bias? Absolutely.

Outside of the P3, the only other conferences I could see getting an AL are the Big East and Patriot Conferences. Jacksonville should win the ASUN, and a loss would probably knock their RPI down enough to eliminate them. The Big East is Villanova and a resurrected Georgetown, but a loss outside of the tournament final would be problematic. A key will be how UNC handles the next few weeks. The ACC has a definite 3 and they would be #4. The Ivies have the AQ and probably 1 more looking at their RPIs. B1G also a definite 3. Those final 2 slots will be determined by conference play.

Outside of the P3, the only other conferences I could see getting an AL are the Big East and Patriot Conferences. Jacksonville should win the ASUN, and a loss would probably knock their RPI down enough to eliminate them. The Big East is Villanova and a resurrected Georgetown, but a loss outside of the tournament final would be problematic. A key will be how UNC handles the next few weeks. The ACC has a definite 3 and they would be #4. The Ivies have the AQ and probably 1 more looking at their RPIs. B1G also a definite 3. Those final 2 slots will be determined by conference play.
Correct. And the PL or Big East might not get an AL…BUT it’s something to watch.

Loyola plays such a strong OOC schedule that they will be a factor IF they beat Gtown. Frankly the Gtown v Loyola game in about 10 days may be stakes for an inside track to an AL if needed….

Leaving out the Ivies for a second, when you look at teams that could steal a bid from the big ten…

Nova
Georgetown
Loyola
UNC
Army

IMO, those are the teams to keep an eye on…now one or all could implode…but today, keep an eye on these guys

Reactions: Wagram97
There are 9 AL slots. ACC is taking at least 3 of those (Duke, UVA, ND are locks) and the committee is going to try like hell to get UNC in and will likely succeed. Gotta make up for last year’s “snub”.

That leaves every other conference battling for 5 AL bids. The B1G is good for 2 at least. Ivy will probably only get 1. That leaves 2 bids among the BE, Patriot & a 4th (or 4th & 5th) B1G. I don’t see any way the B1G gets 4 AL and the BE & PL get zero.

Depending on how things shake out, most likely is either B1G gets 3 AL and either PL or BE gets 1. I could also see B1G getting 2 and BE & PL getting 1 each. I don’t see any leagues outside of B1G and ACC getting more than 2.

B1G isn’t getting 5. That ain’t happening. They’ll get 3

My prediction today is 4 B1G
Hope you're right. In general I think Rutgers has a perception bias (all sports) so we need to finish strong.

Hopefully we win the B1G tournament and make this all moot :)

loyola losing to navy has dropped them to 22 in the RPI, meaning they are no longer considered a quality win for rutgers. the hounds have been terrible since february

Yea that was a bad loss for them and us. On the plus side we want to see UNC keep losing.

Hot goalie (23 saves) and combined with poor shooting. That’s it. Loyola won every statistical category except the scoreboard…which is all that counts in the end

I think Navy got 5 from the same guy who chewed up BU. Somebody's gotten hot.

Reactions: mattkamish
Two more wins would mean a 2-1 or 2-2 finish and 2 quality wins. Anything less would be a disaster IMO.

I'd say if we get 0 wins between now and Selection Sunday are out, 1 win and we are sweating, 2 wins we have a good shot at getting in and 3+ wins we would be a lock to get in. We still are at 11 in RPI as Loyola losing cancels out the good from the UNC loss.

Hope you're right. In general I think Rutgers has a perception bias (all sports) so we need to finish strong.

Hopefully we win the B1G tournament and make this all moot :)
We've been to an Elite 8 and a Final 4 in consecutive years. In most sports the perception bias exists against RU, in this sport I don't believe it does after earning our stripes the last 2 Tournaments.

We've been to an Elite 8 and a Final 4 in consecutive years. In most sports the perception bias exists against RU, in this sport I don't believe it does after earning our stripes the last 2 Tournaments.
I’ll believe it when I see it. Two years ago we sweated our way in and last year we were clearly #2 in the B1G and they had to let us in. The next time we get the benefit of the doubt will be the first.

Harvard beats Cornell. Syracuse over Princeton. Ivy’s are a mess.

brown beat penn too

i still think cornell will get in at the end of the day but they may not be seeded. if u break down their resume it aint great. wins over OSU, Penn, Yale arent aging all that well and now they have a bad loss to harvard on the books. they play marquette next week which wont help.

today increased the chances of a 1-bid ivy league. bad for penn, good for the big ten getting an extra team in

Nova up 2-1 on Denver. Do we want Nova to more or less eliminate Denver or do we want Denver to win to knock Nova down a few spots in RPI? I'm thinking we want Nova to win that way as BE will likely get GT/Nova in unless either crumbles down the stretch.

Currently at 12 in the RPI. The lack of an ACC opponent like 4 of of the other 5 in the conference has continues to sting.

And the one who didn't play an ACC opponent beat Yale, Penn and Cornell.

Last edited:
Currently at 12 in the RPI. The lack of an ACC opponent like 4 of of the other 5 in the conference has continues to sting.

And the one who didn't play an ACC opponent beat Yale, Penn and Cornell.
The RPI is such a joke with Yale and Denver ahead of us

Reactions: ScarletDave
Lots of work to do. We're certainly behind three ACC school and thee Big Ten schools in the pecking order for at-larges and most likely behind UNC and Georgetown.

I think they have an edge on both. But while Georgetown is surging UNC is facing a meat grinder.

8-3, sitting at 12 RPI, ranked #9, good time to be a Rutgers MLAX fan. One game, however, that I would really like another shot at is that OSU game. Think fully healthy it would have been an entirely different game.

If this team is playoff caliber, and in my opinion they are, the next two games will certainly show us if that's correct.

8-3, sitting at 12 RPI, ranked #9, good time to be a Rutgers MLAX fan. One game, however, that I would really like another shot at is that OSU game. Think fully healthy it would have been an entirely different game.

If this team is playoff caliber, and in my opinion they are, the next two games will certainly show us if that's correct.
Yup. Gotta win at least one of the next two to stay in the discussion unless we think this team is going to win 3 Big Ten tournament games and get the auto bid.

i hear you, and in most universes that would be good. but I am telling you...the overall Rutgers brand still hasnt turned the corner.

that said, believe me, I'd love to be wrong here ;)

Reactions: biazza38
To me:

0 wins rest of the way = out
1 win rest of the way = sweating on Selection Sunday
2 wins rest of the way = should be in
3+ wins = lock
1 win is definitely out. 2 is bubble but a good amount of things would have to break RU's way. 3 puts RU in really good shape but still not a lock.

Keep in mind RU is unlikely to have a bye to the semis in the Big Ten tournament this year.

1 win is definitely out. 2 is bubble but a good amount of things would have to break RU's way. 3 puts RU in really good shape but still not a lock.

Keep in mind RU is unlikely to have a bye to the semis in the Big Ten tournament this year.
I co-sign this...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT