ADVERTISEMENT

#11 in RPI

1 win is definitely out. 2 is bubble but a good amount of things would have to break RU's way. 3 puts RU in really good shape but still not a lock.

Keep in mind RU is unlikely to have a bye to the semis in the Big Ten tournament this year.
2 wins in. One win, if that win is Maryland, should be in as well. At 9-4, with a win against Maryland, who would have a better resume? Only bad loss would be a ranked Ohio State away.

There are 7 teams who are all but locks at this point which in the worst case scenario leave only 1 more at large spot. That would increase to 2 or 3 if Cornell wins the Ivy tourney and one of Maryland, PSU or Hopkins wins the Big Ten tourney.

Besides winning one of the next two and putting together a little run in the Big Ten tourney it's essential that Cornell wins the Ivy tourney and someone like Syracuse doesn't rip off three more wins to get in the mix for an at large. Also have to worry about Denver and UNC.

Reactions: biazza38
There are 7 teams who are all but locks at this point which in the worst case scenario leave only 1 more at large spot. That would increase to 2 or 3 if Cornell wins the Ivy tourney and one of Maryland, PSU or Hopkins wins the Big Ten tourney.

Besides winning one of the next two and putting together a little run in the Big Ten tourney it's essential that Cornell wins the Ivy tourney and someone like Syracuse doesn't rip off three more wins to get in the mix for an at large. Also have to worry about Denver and UNC.

If Syracuse beats UNC then they are in real trouble, as UNCs last 2 games are both with Notre Dame. At most only 1 of the 2 will make it.

2 wins in. One win, if that win is Maryland, should be in as well. At 9-4, with a win against Maryland, who would have a better resume? Only bad loss would be a ranked Ohio State away.
In my opinion, with a win over Maryland, Rutgers resume > Maryland resume (i think that was your question. Not that I am really qualified to answer it).

To me, the away Army (#19 RPI) loss is not something to feel good about. I think it's as bad as an away loss to Ohio State (#15 RPI), but it could be worse...

Reactions: Local Shill
Top 20 away losses aren't the worst. It's definitely not great but we know the committee in the past has placed a higher value on that then they did on beating out of the top 25 RPI wins.

But...it's the committee. No one knows what's going to happen.

Get a win this weekend and a win the tournament and we are a lock IMO. That would give us two top 10 RPI wins with no bad losses depending on what happens with Army/Princeton. We still control our own destiny.

Would be good to see both win their AQ at this point.

Reactions: Wagram97
Top 20 away losses aren't the worst. It's definitely not great but we know the committee in the past has placed a higher value on that then they did on beating out of the top 25 RPI wins.

But...it's the committee. No one knows what's going to happen.

Get a win this weekend and a win the tournament and we are a lock IMO. That would give us two top 10 RPI wins with no bad losses depending on what happens with Army/Princeton. We still control our own destiny.

Would be good to see both win their AQ at this point.
If the one win in the Big Ten tourney is OSU or Michigan it’s not going to move the needle much. Unless we win the next 2 we’re not getting a bye like last year. We’ll likely be in the 4-5 game. Possibly the 3-6 game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT