ADVERTISEMENT

ABC/ESPN B1G prime-time games to be announced at 3 p.m.

That's great. Our NJ players are going to love beating the home state team in front of their family and friends in a prime time game.

I've been to Akron once. Then the lady handed me my Big Mac and we got back on the road.

That's great. Our NJ players are going to love beating the home state team in front of their family and friends in a prime time game.

Great for recruiting. Urban will announce NJ commitments right after the game. He loves eating all the candy in prime time.

Ugh nope it doesn't.

Dayparts.png

Called it weeks ago!

This will be the craziest environment yet. RU fans made quite an impression last year vs. PSU and Michigan.

ESPN has taken notice. Awesome
That depends on how the team is doing. If we come in with like three losses including a non competive loss to msu the crowd will be more osu biased.

As a European resident.

Those are a lot of 2AM games I'll be staying up for.

Rutgers games on Primetime in 2015

OSU @ home - night game
PSU on road - night game
MSU @ home - night game

Wow! Thank you BIG!

Thank you NYC market. I think as long as we're a decent team, we'll get a couple primetime games. If we suck then I wouldn't expect it though. If we're actually really good, as in perennially contending for the conference, then I'd expect even more.

Do we have start times for any of our OOC games?
I would not be surprised to see the Wazzou game at night on BTN, for example.

I actually wouldn't mind it being a nooner - Make them adjust to crazy time zone shifts for a change.

I don't want to rain on the parade but it's not guaranteed that the Ohio State game will actually be nationally televised.

From MattSarz's blog:
"A reminder that the Big Ten primetime games don't necessarily have to be full national. Just the 3:30pm Eastern time games. Last year the Illinois at Ohio St. & Oklahoma St. at Kansas St. games were split national on ABC and the only other way to watch the other game was ESPN3, not ESPN or ESPN2."

http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2015/04/big-ten-primetime-games-on-abcespn.html

That said, I think there's a good chance the game ends up on ESPN or ESPN2 (which obviously are national) instead, making the above a moot point.

Doesn't matter. In the markets that matter it will be on and somebody sitting in Chicago watching RU-OSU on ABC is not going to know or care that it is not on nationally.

That depends on how the team is doing. If we come in with like three losses including a non competive loss to msu the crowd will be more osu biased.
tickets will be gone long before we play MSU. Question will be if anyone cares at that point.

Yeah, I know. There's only a small chance this will be an issue but just pointing it out. I know we have a lot of posters from Cali.
correct me if I'm wrong but if it wasn't carried nationally wouldn't it be on BTN2 or 3?

I don't think this is going to be a net positive for the program. Getting beat by 30+ at home on national TV is not in our best interests.

tickets will be gone long before we play MSU. Question will be if anyone cares at that point.
The tickets will be gone yes.

But assume a plausible bad start- we lose to WSU, PSU, and get blown out by MSU. Do you think RU fans are all holding on to those tickets when OSU fans are willing to overpay to see their team likely blow ours out?

The tickets will be gone yes.

But assume a plausible bad start- we lose to WSU, PSU, and get blown out by MSU. Do you think RU fans are all holding on to those tickets when OSU fans are willing to overpay to see their team likely blow ours out?
I think that people who purchased them ahead of time would rather see the NC's play live then sell them at a lose. Hardcore OSU fans are going to plan ahead and I don't think casual fans will overpay if RU fans try a ticket dump.

There's not many other big time games on that Saturday.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's national on abc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT