ADVERTISEMENT

Ace and Dylan Recruiting Transfers...Allegedly

They were a 3 seed that has 10 losses and were 344th of 366 teams in points against. You assuming we will be #2 in offense also? Agree, top 12 would be amazing, but Kentucky wasn't a top 12 team in anything but name only.
No No NO.

They were 14th in tempo with 72.4 possessions per game.

Adjusted defensive efficiency was 129th which is awful for a team who wants to be in a conversation to be a top team.

At large teams ranked worse than 100Th on offense
ZERO

At large teams ranked worse than 100 on defense
Kentucky 129th
Alabama 124th
FAU 132nd

^^^^^^^
And most asinine response to any of my posts for 2024 so far. I'm very well aware who needed to go and who wanted to go. Let me summarize to help you understand. If we started the season tomorrow, do we have a full roster? Ummm no. What are we up to, four or five players gone now? I never said good, bad or indifferent on who went or why they went. We lost players hence the bleeding from the roster. Who has replaced them so far? ZERO players. Then I responded that I'd support Dylan and Ace recruiting players because, well they are two of the top three players in the freaking country for this recruiting cycle and they probably wouldn't bring any scrubs to the program. I thought my response was simple and to the point but hopefully you will understand after the non-Cliff Notes version. Congrats to you! Have a great weekend.
What you actually wrote in your post that I responded to was really different than this post. And I lol ed at the CLIFF notes reference. Funny. Kudos. Go Knights.

Last edited:
Reactions: LETSGORU91
No No NO.

They were 14th in tempo with 72.4 possessions per game.

Adjusted defensive efficiency was 129th which is awful for a team who wants to be in a conversation to be a top team.

At large teams ranked worse than 100Th on offense
ZERO

At large teams ranked worse than 100 on defense
Kentucky 129th
Alabama 124th
FAU 132nd
Not sure what you are NO NO NOing? I said they were awful defensively, and you then say they were awful defensively?

Douche post.
There was nothing wrong with the OP.
Did you misinterpret the headline?
Do follow him? The majority of his posts are digs at Rutgers. Rutgers doesn't stack up to Penn State, and that's because his PSU side comes out. He's a professor at PSU. When he's not taking a dig at Rutgers, his posts are to create panic and infighting on the board. Here's the key to knowing BS when you see it. First, you make a post that will generate a panic or an argument within the board. Next, you disappear and never respond to questions asking for more details or the source of the topic. That is what you call a troll.

Do follow him? The majority of his posts are digs at Rutgers. Rutgers doesn't stack up to Penn State, and that's because his PSU side comes out. He's a professor at PSU. When he's not taking a dig at Rutgers, his posts are to create panic and infighting on the board. Here's the key to knowing BS when you see it. First, you make a post that will generate a panic or an argument within the board. Next, you disappear and never respond to questions asking for more details or the source of the topic. That is what you call a troll.
How can we be sure the OP is a PSU Professor that graduated from RU.
Trolls try to gain trust by claiming to be " one of us" but in reality not even close
It just tries to gain the board's acceptance so it can put the school down and be listened to because it"s "one of us".

I say it's a PSU fan just trolling on a RU board and the thought of it being a professor is " nutty" nor is it a RU grad

100% agree and this is his calling card..what scares me the most is things are changing so quickly and can this work in today'$ game.

Mag is exhibit A

Yes - and no (re Mag). I understand your point, but the Mag situation really only demonstrates that the new narrative becomes a problem when a kid underperforms, or fears they will underperform.

Lost in all the “he quit on the team to preserve his body” discussions, is the reality that he quit following two terrible performances (Maryland and Minny). Don’t get me wrong - he wasn’t “hurting” the team in those games. He was still better than our other options, but in terms of displaying his skill level, more games like those last 2 to wind down the season would have hurt his marketability. That was likely the real issue and probably the reason he didn’t come back sooner this season. He didn’t want to produce sub optimal stats because again - that would reduce his marketability.

All of this still stinks - but the point I’m trying to make is that doesn’t necessarily parallel a suggestion that kids like Ace and Dylan can’t buy into a D first philosophyif the team has success with it early on. If Dylan’s season gets off to a start like JY’s final season at Rutgers prioritizing D, we’d be just fine. This is not out of the realm of possibility.

Trolls try to gain trust by claiming to be " one of us" but in reality not even close
It just tries to gain the board's acceptance so it can put the school down and be listened to because it"s "one of us".

I say it's a PSU fan just trolling on a RU board and the thought of it being a professor is " nutty" nor is it a RU grad
He has stated previously he teaches there.

He has stated previously he teaches there.
yes he has and also talked about what PSU athletes have said to him/her/it.
Baddie also claims to be an Rutgers grad.
Just because something is said by an anonymous member of this message board, doesn't mean what claimed, like profession and/ or where graduated, is true.
I tend to think he/she/it is not what claimed but a troll trying to gain acceptance by giving a false resume.
Others on this forum might take his/her/it's word because no one can prove the background is false and without proof the benefit of doubt applies.

Yes - and no (re Mag). I understand your point, but the Mag situation really only demonstrates that the new narrative becomes a problem when a kid underperforms, or fears they will underperform.

Lost in all the “he quit on the team to preserve his body” discussions, is the reality that he quit following two terrible performances (Maryland and Minny). Don’t get me wrong - he wasn’t “hurting” the team in those games. He was still better than our other options, but in terms of displaying his skill level, more games like those last 2 to wind down the season would have hurt his marketability. That was likely the real issue and probably the reason he didn’t come back sooner this season. He didn’t want to produce sub optimal stats because again - that would reduce his marketability.

All of this still stinks - but the point I’m trying to make is that doesn’t necessarily parallel a suggestion that kids like Ace and Dylan can’t buy into a D first philosophyif the team has success with it early on. If Dylan’s season gets off to a start like JY’s final season at Rutgers prioritizing D, we’d be just fine. This is not out of the realm of possibility.
Interesting. Never really thought about that angle

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
Don't question your logic, but he certainly hurt his marketability by not playing as well. Hard to imagine a guy who has one year of eligibility, has a long history of injury, and now put himself above the team has significant marketability. Plus put on the tape from this year and there wasn't much there. His eventual landing place will be interesting.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Don't question your logic, but he certainly hurt his marketability by not playing as well. Hard to imagine a guy who has one year of eligibility, has a long history of injury, and now put himself above the team has significant marketability. Plus put on the tape from this year and there wasn't much there. His eventual landing place will be interesting.

Yes - he had already hurt his marketability by not playing as well, but not as much as he would’ve if he closed out the season with 3-4 more games like the Maryland game.

Your right - he’s going to have a hard time securing a good deal, but he’ll get something. His narrative will be that he was playing hurt and then decided to step aside as he didn’t want to risk further injury. He tried to go multiple times in practice but just couldn’t.

What you actually wrote in your post that I responded to was really different than this post. And I lol ed at the CLIFF notes reference. Funny. Kudos. Go Knights.
Cheers buddy. I actually deferred reading your response as I was expecting a nasty retort for what ever reason. After a week late St. Patty's Day party tonight, I looked at your response. I might have been a little vague initially but thought most would get the gist. My bad if taken the wrong way.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Cheers buddy. I actually deferred reading your response as I was expecting a nasty retort for what ever reason. After a week late St. Patty's Day party tonight, I looked at your response. I might have been a little vague initially but thought most would get the gist. My bad if taken the wrong way.
All good 91. Hope you enjoyed a few Guinness.

I can't verify his background. I take him at word just as people take me at mine for being a former Rutgers player.

I can't verify his background. I take him at word just as people take me at mine for being a former Rutgers player.
as many do and nothing wrong with that.
I'm going by gut feeling, but without proof of him being a troll just not giving him the benefit of doubt like a Frank Burns award winner will do

Reactions: cubuffsdoug

Another thought on this - yes, his marketability took a hit regardless. But the angle I’m coming from is that he probably has more potential to collect a check by coming across as a rehabbing jerk if he can convince some team over the next month that he was playing hurt while on the rebound from an injury (different from the one that ended his prior season).

That narrative would be a much harder sell if he finished out the season playing every game and ending up with materially worse stats than in past years. Even if he said “I was hurt” he’d have trouble even getting conversations at the level he would’ve prior years. Top teams would see his drop and just assume he was just never the same after last year’s season ending injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT