ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance we get some portal guys?

1devotedfan

Senior
Nov 20, 2002
Huge fan here since 1975. Yes, those were the glory years! At my age, not a big message board guy, but will this year's football team get anyone from the portal?
My father was a huge RU fan as well. He always said that he wanted to go to an RU bowl before he died. He made it to the 2005 Insight Bowl and the 2008 International Bowl before he passed. After watching the spring game on TV due to the rain, I am concerned about the upcoming year and possible future bowl games. I always thought that coach Schiano was a great recruiter, but have not seen anything recently.
Go RU!

Huge fan here since 1975. Yes, those were the glory years! At my age, not a big message board guy, but will this year's football team get anyone from the portal?
My father was a huge RU fan as well. He always said that he wanted to go to an RU bowl before he died. He made it to the 2005 Insight Bowl and the 2008 International Bowl before he passed. After watching the spring game on TV due to the rain, I am concerned about the upcoming year and possible future bowl games. I always thought that coach Schiano was a great recruiter, but have not seen anything recently.
Go RU!

The class we are bringing in, for ‘24, is going to make us a winning program. This year and next year will likely be development years, leading to a breakout in ‘25. It’s possible that we flirt with .500 this year and next. We are building a big, physical offensive line which will succeed in the Big Ten, but this takes time. Thankfully, th e talent is on the roster.

Need two more studs on offense, and I expect we will recruit these in our ‘24 class. Need WR1 and TE1. We’ve already recruited QB1, and he’s going to be a good one.

Things are looking up, but we’ve still got some ways to go.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
No Way Meme GIF
Im Not No Way GIF

Wait A Second Hold On GIF by Laff

Excited Ric Flair GIF

The class we are bringing in, for ‘24, is going to make us a winning program. This year and next year will likely be development years, leading to a breakout in ‘25. It’s possible that we flirt with .500 this year and next. We are building a big, physical offensive line which will succeed in the Big Ten, but this takes time. Thankfully, th e talent is on the roster.

Need two more studs on offense, and I expect we will recruit these in our ‘24 class. Need WR1 and TE1. We’ve already recruited QB1, and he’s going to be a good one.

Things are looking up, but we’ve still got some ways to go.
Two more "development years". LOL. Will there be any more fans left by them? Al does provide (unintentional) comic relief. I still like the one about how a fieldhouse will (or would have) result in better OL recruits.

Two more "development years". LOL. Will there be any more fans left by them? Al does provide (unintentional) comic relief. I still like the one about how a fieldhouse will (or would have) result in better OL recruits.

Schiano had a new Fieldhouse written into his contract for that very reason. Why don’t you travel over to the University of Tennessee and take a look at their facilities, rather than wallow in ignorance. The disparity in facilities is a reason why it’s so difficult for us to recruit.

It’s ironic that you will lodge all kinds of complaints against Schiano, yet do nothing to make it easier for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUforester72
Schiano had a new Fieldhouse written into his contract for that very reason. Why don’t you travel over to the University of Tennessee and take a look at their facilities, rather than wallow in ignorance. The disparity in facilities is a reason why it’s so difficult for us to recruit.

It’s ironic that you will lodge all kinds of complaints against Schiano, yet do nothing to make it easier for him.
It’s ironic that you make every possible excuse for Schiano like a helplessly in love newlywed. No fan in CFB is more willing to make excuses on a coaches behalf, never hold him accountable, and blame everything/everyone else INCLUDING THE FANS besides him for his problems

Last edited:
Go RU!
The WR we just picked up looks like a player. He should have every opportunity to step right in and start as well

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it required that half the the FH price tag needs to be acquired through donations? Where are we with that?

Also I found articles online dating back to 2021 that RU hired a firm to come up with drawings, videos, etc but here we are in mid-2023 and I haven't seen any.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it required that half the the FH price tag needs to be acquired through donations? Where are we with that?

Also I found articles online dating back to 2021 that RU hired a firm to come up with drawings, videos, etc but here we are in mid-2023 and I haven't seen any.

Hobbs said on a podcast a month back, they are still designing because costs have escalated, and are scaling back certain things to try to come in on budget.

It’s ironic that you make every possible excuse for Schiano like a helplessly in love newlywed. No fan in CFB is more willing to make excuses on a coaches behalf, never hold him accountable, and blame everything/everyone else INCLUDING THE FANS besides him for his problems

In spite of our constraints, Schiano is putting together one of our best classes ever. That matters more than what we do on the field. This incoming class, once redshirted, will put us over the top and solve our talent deficit. This is why we need till ‘25.

Redshirting in this NIL era is a dicey proposition.

The majority of our class needs to redshirt because they need to develop to be ready for the rigors of Big Ten competition. That’s what you have to do when you are recruiting mostly 2 and 3 * recruits. Those who are ready right away play right away.

In spite of our constraints, Schiano is putting together one of our best classes ever. That matters more than what we do on the field. This incoming class, once redshirted, will put us over the top and solve our talent deficit. This is why we need till ‘25.
Uhuh… how many times have we heard that before from you Al?

Has Savon Huggins been elected to the Hall of Fame yet?

The majority of our class needs to redshirt because they need to develop to be ready for the rigors of Big Ten competition. That’s what you have to do when you are recruiting mostly 2 and 3 * recruits. Those who are ready right away play right away.
Would be interesting to know how many (or the percentage of) FBS football redshirt freshmen hit the transfer portal.

Funny you mention Tennesse, the school which avoided hiring the imposter we did. Talented players follow other talented players and good coaches, and that’s why we aren’t getting anyone with offensive talent to come here. The offense is a disaster. 110 years ago the Titanic didn’t lack for passengers and crew because they couldn’t foresee the future. But our fate is plain to see and no HS or portal talent wants any part of Schiano’s offense. Fieldhouse LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT