ADVERTISEMENT

GAME 14 IOWA: Just Gotta Get Used To It

7th or 8th seed, I have legit concerns that this team even makes the tourney next year...not a given at all.
Pikes portal strategy has been woefully unaggressive
If we can’t make the NCAA tournament with two NBA lottery picks then he should be let go immediately after selection Sunday. Not even joking.

Reactions: whofrewdatmataRU13
we also had an issue with Mag possibly leaving...then you have Hyatt, I mean to me Pike HAS to look for a guy at his level or better to push the 3/4 spots. Plus not sure Ogoble was answer either being injured
Bac….

There is a reason why we brought three front court players besides Airous Bailey.

The key is a big haul of back court players in the class of 2025 back court and wing players to compliment …to reload the roster

Right now …I have been begging and pleading for a shorten bench because on BOTH ends we are suffering from being out of timing and rythem …and it shows in the socreboard

Gavin right now is RHJ as a frosh. Seriously, go put some games in from 2018-2019 and watch Ron . Every shot Ron took left his hand different. Always look behind the play . The game will slow down for Gavin eventually just like Ron …and the numbers and effectiveness go up. Let me play through . Except in 2023-2024 we now have expectations that a season success depends on a NCAA bid. Not the case in 2018-2019. So his growth (as well as Jmike) will come at risk of a potential expense of sone uneven play that can currrnt issues. I’m willing to love with it

Right now ..Noah is not helping the team in the hear and now. More JMike instead

Right now …oskar is a major negative on the +/- on the floor …he needs to be not be in there

And I’m concerned about Hyatt again…he looks disengaged and hunting shots again , especially after a bad defensice sequence

If you told me a month ago
-Derek trend is moving the needle up
-Mawot trend is moving the needle up
-Austin trend is moving the needle up

I would have through that we would have tended right

But we are getting flatlined results from cliff and aundre, And major disappointment from Noah and oskar. Meaning we now need to rely on two frosh to carry sone serious weight who really are raw …..

I really advocate a much shorter bench
Three guards -Derek, Jmike with austin off the bench
Theee forwards-Aundre and mag starting with Gavin off the bench
Two centera-Cliff and wolf

Stsrters at 30 min each. 20 minutes for Austin, 20 minutes for Gavin, 10 minutes for wolf

Right now …I have been begging and pleading for a shorten bench because on BOTH ends we are suffering from being out of timing and rythem …and it shows in the socreboard

Gavin right now is RHJ as a frosh. Seriously, go put some games in from 2018-2019 and watch Ron . Every shot Ron took left his hand different. Always look behind the play . The game will slow down for Gavin eventually just like Ron …and the numbers and effectiveness go up. Let me play through . Except in 2023-2024 we now have expectations that a season success depends on a NCAA bid. Not the case in 2018-2019. So his growth (as well as Jmike) will come at risk of a potential expense of sone uneven play that can currrnt issues. I’m willing to love with it

Right now ..Noah is not helping the team in the hear and now. More JMike instead

Right now …oskar is a major negative on the +/- on the floor …he needs to be not be in there

And I’m concerned about Hyatt again…he looks disengaged and hunting shots again , especially after a bad defensice sequence

If you told me a month ago
-Derek trend is moving the needle up
-Mawot trend is moving the needle up
-Austin trend is moving the needle up

I would have through that we would have tended right

But we are getting flatlined results from cliff and aundre, And major disappointment from Noah and oskar. Meaning we now need to rely on two frosh to carry sone serious weight who really are raw …..

I really advocate a much shorter bench
Three guards -Derek, Jmike with austin off the bench
Theee forwards-Aundre and mag starting with Gavin off the bench
Two centera-Cliff and wolf

Stsrters at 30 min each. 20 minutes for Austin, 20 minutes for Gavin, 10 minutes for wolf
I agree in principle but how do you stick with a short bench when the team starts 1-15?

I agree in principle but how do you stick with a short bench when the team starts 1-15?
Heee is the thing ….and this might be a difference of opinion with some on this forum …

I really don’t think the talent is THAT subpar.

What we have is a lot of new players … a lot.

Even if you count mag, we have about 100
Minute of returning experience returning from last year in cliff (28) , wolf (10), Derek (22), Hyatt 20 and mag 20

We have a lot of guys missing time this year (Austin , Jmike , Mawot )…so we have not developed a real rotation. And we play a LOT of line ups ….

This causes a lot of timing and cohesion issues on both ends of court . Passes coming late and mis targeted, shots going up in wrong places , defensive rotations late …causing rebounding issues

We have quietly started to fix the rebounding issue …but now need to work on the cohesion issues ….which stsrt wirh getting more fluidity and less choppiness and better timing

Shorten the rotation …it will slowly get fixed .

Plus …look at my rotation . It allows us to slot in the 5 returners for next year …in similar roles and sub in Dylan (for Austin), airous (for Aundre) and Lathan (for cliff )

We get better this year for this year …eventually . And get better for next year (and the year after post Dylan and post airous

Roll with it …we will be better for it on February 20 than on January 6…and in 2024-2025.

Heee is the thing ….and this might be a difference of opinion with some on this forum …

I really don’t think the talent is THAT subpar.
This is correct. It's not some great Big Ten roster but guys are also just slumping / playing poorly (compared to their own baseline level) currently.

I already miss the last few years. It was so much more fun to watch every other game when we were good. This year I can hardly care. Competitive January and February basketball is so great.
I think we were a little spoiled because it was so easy to root for Geo, Ron, Caleb, Paul, Myles, etc. I love Cliff but clearly he's not the same player without those guys to compliment him. Gaven not living up to the hype and Simpson not taking the expected jump means there is nobody to get excited about this year. Of course, that will change in a hurry next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT