ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Aragona to transfer portal

Yup, I know what to expect here but I'd like to see more. I don't relate well to "the sport just sucks when it comes to communication" type acceptance of the status quo. I seek improvement over complacency.
I’m not in a position to change it so I have to accept it. I’m grateful to those here who share what they do but there’s not much more any of us can do

Reactions: mikemessner
What information are you looking for? I won't update the forum on injuries, that should come from Goodale during his podcast shows. I'm open to critical assessment but we should keep it to a constructive level without personal attacks.
You answered my question with a question. Okay, I'd like to know more about the wrestlers, their progress and their status. I asked what I should expect because at least so far, I have not found this forum to be well informed. That, of course, leads to the types of speculation you see here. Goodale is very economical with information. He didn't let us know what was going on with JoJo. Now, not just I am wondering what we might expect from Turley in the future. As for injuries, maybe that should be Goodale's responsibility to report but it's scattered and incomplete. I keep making comparisons to football; we hear all the time about injuries and who is expected to miss a game and who is expected to play. If I (we) can't get enough information here, then I suppose it just won't be available. That makes it difficult and frustrating to follow the team.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I don't think Goodie knew about JoJo leaving until last week. We will definitely see Turley wrestle this year. He was at practice today getting in conditioning and rehab work. Mr Hamilton was at the team meeting today and I think he will report on Monday for practice. Peterson will wrestle in an open tournament on Jan.11
I'm hearing that we are sending 13 wrestlers to Midlands.

I don't think Goodie knew about JoJo leaving until last week. We will definitely see Turley wrestle this year. He was at practice today getting in conditioning and rehab work. Mr Hamilton was at the team meeting today and I think he will report on Monday for practice. Peterson will wrestle in an open tournament on Jan.11
I'll be very interested in how Kyonte Hamilton looks. It's a different kind of conditioning needed for wrestling. Fortunately, he's coming from football and not a lot of time off. Do you happen to know if there is a decision regarding redshirting him?

If I had to guess, it would be Shawver, Alvarez, Rivera, MVB, Kannaird, Clark, Oneill, Poz, Bulsak, Boone, Angelo, Desantis, and the last one I’m not sure. Can White wrestle unattached and maintain redshirt status?

If I had to guess, it would be Shawver, Alvarez, Rivera, MVB, Kannaird, Clark, Oneill, Poz, Bulsak, Boone, Angelo, Desantis, and the last one I’m not sure. Can White wrestle unattached and maintain redshirt status?
In years past they sent the 10 starters and 5 back-ups/redshirts. I think they will send the 10 starters and 3 back-ups/redshirts this year

Reactions: Loyal-Son
That’s a ton of good info in 1 post. Thanks!

Mike - Did you mean Dec 11th? I think Dean is heading to the CSU Open next weekend.

All this jojo speculation is so ridiculous. It’s as simple as the kid couldn’t live up to the hype from his hs career and judging by his Instagram activity; I found it comical he’s doing NIL deals and selling merchandise while being a 3rd or 4th string at 149 on our depth chart. I know I’m going to get some back lash from this but it’s the cold truth. The kid just wasn’t good enough to the break lineup and I don’t think he ever was going to see the lineup again. Therefore he left and will seek a starting spot somewhere else. This goes to show how much this team is improving that a recruit like jojo got pushed so far back on the depth chart.

All this jojo speculation is so ridiculous. It’s as simple as the kid couldn’t live up to the hype from his hs career and judging by his Instagram activity; I found it comical he’s doing NIL deals and selling merchandise while being a 3rd or 4th string at 149 on our depth chart. I know I’m going to get some back lash from this but it’s the cold truth. The kid just wasn’t good enough to the break lineup and I don’t think he ever was going to see the lineup again. Therefore he left and will seek a starting spot somewhere else. This goes to show how much this team is improving that a recruit like jojo got pushed so far back on the depth chart.
I don't think he was pushed back but allowed himself to fall back in the depth chart. That is where my disappointment lies. His record for the season he wrestled was equal to MVB's. Our expectations may have been too great but I still believe he had the potential. There are differing opinions as to his competitiveness now but there's obviously more to it. It can be easily inferred from his posting (and girlfriend's) that he may not have been given a chance to wrestle for a spot. If that's not true, then shame on him but if it is true, shame on someone else. One thing I like about this sport is that the best man for the job is proven on the mat.

I don't think he was pushed back but allowed himself to fall back in the depth chart. That is where my disappointment lies. His record for the season he wrestled was equal to MVB's. Our expectations may have been too great but I still believe he had the potential. There are differing opinions as to his competitiveness now but there's obviously more to it. It can be easily inferred from his posting (and girlfriend's) that he may not have been given a chance to wrestle for a spot. If that's not true, then shame on him but if it is true, shame on someone else. One thing I like about this sport is that the best man for the job is proven on the mat.
You have some fair points I can stand beyond. But from a little birdie the word was even guys like Desantis were putting beat downs on jojo on a regular basis.

JoJo! Big fan, and want to wish you the best of luck! We only know you from wrestling angle and this is Rutgers wrestling forum, so please understand if you read some stuff that may not be positive with you, your gf, or family. Fact is, if we meet you outside, we'll all be on your side 100%, and support you anyway we can. Just remember that life is what you make it to be, and you make it the best version of JoJo each and every day.

RU93

I don’t know if this question was asked/answered, but does Aragona leaving potentially impact Soldano coming to RU? I think they both trained at Iron Horse and must be friends.

Jojo is listed as 157lbs for Campbell. If he lives up to high school rankings then this is a blow to Rutgers yet again. I know it's been said countless times but 157-174 need more depth.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Jojo is listed as 157lbs for Campbell. If he lives up to high school rankings then this is a blow to Rutgers yet again. I know it's been said countless times but 157-174 need more depth.
I don't see it as a huge blow if he wasn't beating guys like Alvarez, White, Kanniard, etc. at this point and all of those guys have a lot of eligibility left as well. Plus he was probably receiving a good amount of scholarship $ given his ranking coming out of HS. Have to imagine they look to bring in someone from the portal somewhere in the middle as well.

He has not wrestled in any extra matches or in any open tournaments either as redshirts do.

He has not wrestled in any extra matches or in any open tournaments either as redshirts do.
Glad you said it, because I was going to post this last night. I don't get it. Why isn't he competing? Isn't he sick of watching his teammates?

Also, why does Campbell and other teams have such large rosters? I feel like RUs is tiny in comparison?

Glad you said it, because I was going to post this last night. I don't get it. Why isn't he competing? Isn't he sick of watching his teammates?

Also, why does Campbell and other teams have such large rosters? I feel like RUs is tiny in comparison?
Each University sets Roster size....most are determined by Title IX formula's.

Reactions: MS-RU
He wrestled his first match today at 157 and won by dec 13-8
Weird match. He came out firing/looked good, but once the 2nd period came he got extremely tired, stalled hard/even roughed up/looked broken.

For the first time competing in two years, he looked very out of shape. Hope he can turn it around by, adding some strength and dropping to 149.

Still wish it would have worked for him over here. He certainly had the potential, but this sport is ruthless at the college level. All elements of life need to revolve around getting better and strength & conditioning is a big part of that.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT