Ohio State at Indiana - 3:30 PM, CBS/Paramount+
Buffalo at Wisconsin - 3:30 PM, FS1
Towson at Maryland - 3:30 PM, BTN
West Virginia at Penn State - 7:30 PM, NBC/Peacock
Toledo at Illinois - 7:30 PM, BTN

SUNDAY SEPTMEBER 3
Northwestern at Rutgers, 12 PM. CBS/Paramount+

ANALYSIS:

1) Minnesota and Michigan State have in recent years had dibs on LDW Thursday and Friday nights respectively. I doubt we will get a crack at either in the foreseeable future.

2) Fox did not deem any of these games worthy of its Big Noon slot. They went with Colorado-TCU instead.

3) NBC jumped on WVU-PSU as its Saturday night prime time opener. Apparently they have a second slot on LDW. It was speculated that they'd use it Sunday night. Instead they went with Michigan as a Saturday noon Peacock exclusive. Get used to it.

4) CBS used its prime 3:30 Saturday slot on OSU-Indiana. CBS is in a transition year, as this is the last year they have SEC rights. Most of their 3:30 games will be SEC. The B1G will be moved around the dial.

5) We are where we are, for better or worse. I think (although I do not know) that when CBS selected us as its #2 game, they could have instead selected one of the Saturday FS1 or BTN games. They chose us. So there's that.

6) If playing a Big Ten conference game on network TV in an exclusive timeslot on LDW Sunday is a problem, it sure as fvck is a first world problem.

There have been and will continue to be SEC and Big 12 games on ESPN+, no? Those are streaming only.
Correct. My post was unclear. I meant that NBC/Peacock is the only B1G streaming-only provider. Any Paramount+ games are also on over-the-air CBS. To my knowledge Fox does not have a streaming service. If they do, it doesn't look like they are putting their games on it.

Reactions: Local Shill
Correct. My post was unclear. I meant that NBC/Peacock is the only B1G streaming-only provider. Any Paramount+ games are also on over-the-air CBS. To my knowledge Fox does not have a streaming service. If they do, it doesn't look like they are putting their games on it.
Fox doesn’t have one and lately some have thought that was a prudent move considering how much money others are losing on it currently.

THURSDAY AUGUST 31
Nebraska at Minnesota - 8 PM, Fox

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 1
Central Michigan at Michigan State - 7 PM, FS1

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 2
Utah State at Iowa - 12 PM, FS1
Fresno State at Purdue - 12 PM, BTN
East Carolina at Michigan - 12 PM, Peacock
Ohio State at Indiana - 3:30 PM, CBS/Paramount+
Buffalo at Wisconsin - 3:30 PM, FS1
Towson at Maryland - 3:30 PM, BTN
West Virginia at Penn State - 7:30 PM, NBC/Peacock
Toledo at Illinois - 7:30 PM, BTN

SUNDAY SEPTMEBER 3
Northwestern at Rutgers, 12 PM. CBS/Paramount+

ANALYSIS:

1) Minnesota and Michigan State have in recent years had dibs on LDW Thursday and Friday nights respectively. I doubt we will get a crack at either in the foreseeable future.

2) Fox did not deem any of these games worthy of its Big Noon slot. They went with Colorado-TCU instead.

3) NBC jumped on WVU-PSU as its Saturday night prime time opener. Apparently they have a second slot on LDW. It was speculated that they'd use it Sunday night. Instead they went with Michigan as a Saturday noon Peacock exclusive. Get used to it.

4) CBS used its prime 3:30 Saturday slot on OSU-Indiana. CBS is in a transition year, as this is the last year they have SEC rights. Most of their 3:30 games will be SEC. The B1G will be moved around the dial.

5) We are where we are, for better or worse. I think (although I do not know) that when CBS selected us as its #2 game, they could have instead selected one of the Saturday FS1 or BTN games. They chose us. So there's that.

6) If playing a Big Ten conference game on network TV in an exclusive timeslot on LDW Sunday is a problem, it sure as fvck is a first world problem.
In addition to the RU game, I have interest in watching this contest

WVU at Pen St

WV v PSU is a good one, and I'll be watching Utah State/Iowa, but the rest are pretty weak.

Hopefully, I'll be away.

They should move us to Friday at 4pm.. I think they'd get better TV ratings as well as it being better for the fans.

They should move us to Friday at 4pm.. I think they'd get better TV ratings as well as it being better for the fans.
"Better for the fans"? Subjective. You could be right.

"Better TV ratings"? I am inclined to go with CBS' opinion on this one.

I would add that if CBS put the game on at 4PM, they'd be asking their Eastern and Central affiliates to give up their local news broadcasts, which is where the affiliates make their money. Not happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT