ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Rooting Guide

I hate to say this, but I just can't see 6-1. You think we need to be 12-8 in conference play? 11-9 won't cut it?

Where are the quality wins? Nebby is 11 seed possible first 4...shu is last in first out. NW is 9 for now but with injury who knows. Wisky is in freefall 4-5 line now but could be 8-9 by the time the season ends

Need more

I'm not 100% counting Iowa out but look at the resume and upcoming games. One Q1 win now at 1-7 with four Q1 games left. Suppose they split those (Illinois home, at NW) and beat PSU to finish 18-13, with a Q1 of 3-9. Ehhh...

Meanwhile our Q1 is 3-8 today. I think we all agree 5-2 is the minimum to be in the discussion for any bid. Let's say we lose at Purdue and Wisconsin but win at Minny and Nebraska plus the other home games. We would be 4-10 in Q1 and 19-12 overall (11-9). Plus the committee can say we were 9-2 with our full team. It's not a no brainer but I think our resume would be better.

Reactions: biker7766
I'm not 100% counting Iowa out but look at the resume and upcoming games. One Q1 win now at 1-7 with four Q1 games left. Suppose they split those (Illinois home, at NW) and beat PSU to finish 18-13, with a Q1 of 3-9. Ehhh...

Meanwhile our Q1 is 3-8 today. I think we all agree 5-2 is the minimum to be in the discussion for any bid. Let's say we lose at Purdue and Wisconsin but win at Minny and Nebraska plus the other home games. We would be 4-10 in Q1 and 19-12 overall (11-9). Plus the committee can say we were 9-2 with our full team. It's not a no brainer but I think our resume would be better.

Not thats its considered but they did beat RU.

BC beats Miami...Canes on life support now. Will need to beat Duke and win at UNC and then we will revisit

Cincy gets a Q1 road win at UCF...not the biggest of quality wins but they needed this one. Looks like the Golden Knights at 13-11 are on life support as well....4 Q1 opportunties to come, 3 at home but would be shocked as they will need to 3 of those plus win at OK State, at WVU

Both schools up to the bulky 11 losses

If Maryland beats Illinois today it gives them two wins over them = bad for RU
Maryland is in trouble for alot of reasons mainly their non conference performance plus 3 Q3 losses and they have an extra loss than RU so almost no margin of error

but yes beating Illinois 2x is better than RU beating Wisky 2x but here is the thing, RU beats Maryland and the Terps are not going to the ncaa

Maryland is in trouble for alot of reasons mainly their non conference performance plus 3 Q3 losses and they have an extra loss than RU so almost no margin of error

but yes beating Illinois 2x is better than RU beating Wisky 2x but here is the thing, RU beats Maryland and the Terps are not going to the ncaa
we need Maryland to stay quad 1, so don’t we root for them to beat Illinois?

i could see both sides, I suppose if Maryland wins its good because RU has to beat Maryland anyhow at the rac, not sure I want them with momentum though. Of course if they lose at Wisconsin their next game the rac game would be their absolute last stand

Syracuse down 7 at Georgia Tech, they probably can't afford that. PAC-12 cannibalizing again with Washington State down at half in Pullman to Stanford

yeah Cuse would negate that win over UNC with a loss today

also didnt mention Va Tech lost at UNC. Hokies at 14-10 have some nice wins,....iowa state, boise, clemson but need more.....Next 4 is the key... UVA, at Pitt, at Cuse, Wake. If they get 3 of these they could be very close to last in first out and then take care of ND/UL.....19-11 7-10 in Q1/2...the Q3 loss at Notre Dame was a killer because its their only bad loss and sos is quite good

Our old friend NDongo had a couple of huge rebounds at the end to help seal the win. He'd have been great here

Holy shit what a crazy sequence at Illinois-Maryland. Maryland on break, Illinois somehow block it and get a breakaway of their own, Hawkins dunk and one.

A close loss for Maryland here has to help us right? Doesn't hurt their NET and denies them a win

Last edited:
yeah Cuse would negate that win over UNC with a loss today

also didnt mention Va Tech lost at UNC. Hokies at 14-10 have some nice wins,....iowa state, boise, clemson but need more.....Next 4 is the key... UVA, at Pitt, at Cuse, Wake. If they get 3 of these they could be very close to last in first out and then take care of ND/UL.....19-11 7-10 in Q1/2...the Q3 loss at Notre Dame was a killer because its their only bad loss and sos is quite good
G Tech also beat UNC, but they have been horrible since that win.

Holy shit what a crazy sequence at Illinois-Maryland. Maryland on break, Illinois somehow block it and get a breakaway of their own, Hawkins dunk and one.

A close loss for Maryland here has to help us right? Doesn't hurt their NET and negates them a win
Maryland were three-point dogs in KenPom, which thinks quite a bit higher of the Terps (49) than the NET does (75). With that, plus this being a high-possession game, should be a marginal metrics bump. Would expect MD to stay in Q1, but who knows

Last edited:
Washington State and Pitt no trouble, boo
yeah coming to terms that Washington State will be the 2nd from the pac 12 and sit on the 8/9 line.

Pitt is intriguing going forward....wins at Duke and at Virginia solid wins over wake and nc state but home losses to Cuse and Mizzou and the latter isnt too far from falling to Q4

their biggest issue is the 347 non conference sos where their best win is West Virginia. Next 3...at Wake, Va Tech, at Clemson...do they need all 3?

Providence up four at the half, fun to dream but unlikely. Indiana State down at Southern Illinois, margin for error gone with a loss

Well if there were any doubts, our friend Paul will not be going to the tournament

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT