ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Rooting Guide

PhillyRU

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2021
With the postseason charge fully on, I figured this might be fun.

Big Ten - Saturday
Nebraska 68,
Penn State 49 (Good)
Iowa 88, Wisconsin 86 (F/OT) (Bad)
Illinois 85, Maryland 80 (Meh)
8:00 | FOX — Michigan State @ Michigan: Improves RU's win slightly? idk

Big Ten - Sunday
1:00 | CBS — Purdue @ Ohio St.: I guess better to keep OSU as Q1/Q2 game
3:00 | FS1 — Northwestern @ Indiana: Need to keep a win over the field
5:30 | BTN — Rutgers @ Minnesota: RU rah rah

Bubble Rivals - plz lose
(Saturday)
Alabama 100, Texas A&M 75 (Good)
Virginia 49, Wake 47: (Good)
TCU 75, K-State 72 (Good)
UNC 96, VT 81 (Good)
Mississippi State 71, Arkansas 67 (Bad)
Georgia Tech 65, Syracuse 60 (Good)
Colorado State 75, Utah State 55 (Meh)
Washington State 72, Stanford 59 (Bad)
Pitt 86, Louisville 59 (Bad)
7:00 | ESPN+ — Ind. St @ So. Ill: Sycamores on bubble
7:30 | FS1 — DePaul @ PC: Gotta win one right?
7:45 | CW — NC State @ Clemson: Kill off the Pack
8:30 | SECN — Mizzou @ Miss: Unlikely
10:00 | ESPN — Colorado @ USC: Boogie after midnight
10:00 | PAC12 — Oregon @ Oregon State: tricky rivalry game
(Sunday)
2:00 | ESPN+ — Murray State @ Drake: unlikely but would be nice
4:00 | ESPN — Memphis @ SMU: two faint bubble teams, MEM scarier
5:00 | FS1 — Seton Hall @ St. John's: SHU wins good for OOC, knocks Johnnies back
7:00 | FS1 — Utah @ UCLA: Good to knock Utes further back off bubble

OOC Considerations
UMass Lowell 86,
Bryant 77 (Bad)
8:00 | ESPN2 — Yale @ Princeton: Big one for PU

Last edited:
Yeah I don't want Purdue losing right before we play them.

Will be interesting to see if Ohio State plays with any fire now that Holtmann is gone

Maryland football and basketball have seemingly received an outsized and undeserved amount of FOX prime slots. They must have a MD alumn as an exec in there at FOX
They get shockingly bad TV ratings, too. However, their last two big network opponents (MSU and Illinois) have had some of the highest ratings in the league this year, so maybe it has less to do with Maryland.

Weigh in on any incorrect rooting interests @bac2therac
Id like to remove Memphis because smu despite a great net has no wins of note and maybe Memphis would be their best so root for smu there

root for UVA over Wake...wake needs a Q1 where they are 0 fer.....uva is likely making it anyhow

root for Nebby to win as much as possible

Id like to remove Memphis because smu despite a great net has no wins of note and maybe Memphis would be their best so root for smu there

root for UVA over Wake...wake needs a Q1 where they are 0 fer.....uva is likely making it anyhow

Agree with all of this. Also - do we really want MIssouri beating Ole Miss? I don’t see us passing Miss regardless and I think we want MIssouri buried as far as possible as a bad loss for teams like Pitt and Minny. And not a quality win for teams like Seton Hall and Memphis.

yes.....Ole Miss isnt even in my bracket....their net is horrible as is their sos, dont be fooled by their overall record.

they are in the last 4 in on the matrix, they can easily miss and this would be a horrific loss for them

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
yes.....Ole Miss isnt even in my bracket....their net is horrible as is their sos, dont be fooled by their overall record.

they are in the last 4 in on the matrix, they can easily miss and this would be a horrific loss for them

I see what you mean about lack of signature wins. They don’t have a Wisconsin type win on there so a landmine loss would really sting if they don’t pick one up. On the other hand, they have several opportunities left still to pick up one big win at home and even with a MIssouri loss that might do it. Florida, @ TA&M, Miss State, @ UCF, Memphis, NC State are a lot of MWC caliber wins piled into their 6 loss season. They didn’t play many 300 types and instead also have a stack of Q3s like Easterm Wash, Cal (neutral), Bryant, Troy. Even some of their Q4s could turn to Q3 @ Temple, Southern Miss (neutral). They got blown out by a lot of good teams but at the end of the day - the committee doesn’t usually focus on that even though the computer numbers reflect it. Unfortunately - these types of resumes are a reality check for the work we still have to do and why 5-2 would unfortunately still put us at a long shot without help.

You should probably add the Bryant vs UMass Lowell game to the guide. One of our resume selling points is how few Q4 games we played this year. We want Bryant to stay parked in Q3 so that’s a pretty big one to keep an eye on.
Updated the guide with those, also chucked in Bryant and Princeton games for OOC SOS watch

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
Nebby beats up Penn State

other results are not final but off to fantastic starts

Virginia could have iced it vs Wake but up 1-11 at free throw line...up 2 6.7 sec left

Alabama up 25 late over Texas A&M...Aggies arent exactly on the bubble YET but are headed to last 8 line

Texas Tech is fairly safe even with the loss to Iowa State

Tcu up 6 at Kansas State with under 7 to go...would be. HUGE result

Butler trailing by 16! at home vs Creighton in 2nd...would be GREAT result

Nebby beats up Penn State

other results are not final but off to fantastic starts

Virginia could have iced it vs Wake but up 1-11 at free throw line...up 2 6.7 sec left
I am looking forward to the Nebby matchup. We beat them without Jeremiah Williams, and I think we generally match up well with them.

I feel like Iowa is going to have the same perception as a loss no matter what, so I think we want our wins to look as good as possible. Wiscy win is easily what im rooting for, especially since we potentially could beat them a second time.

Texas getting trounced by Houston. They only have 3 wins vs tourney teams...brutal finish with 3 q1 road games a q2 at ksu and home with Oklahoma..moving toward last 8 line

Awesome...now Ksu still ahead of us on bubble...they have win over Kansas and a few other wins but right now their resume is falling short
The Kansas win is big but still, they have the same Q1-Q2 wins as us, 2 Q3 losses and a worse SOS than us. We need to up our metrics for me to say we're safely ahead of them, but I think even at this moment we have at least an argument.

Great day so far...5 for 5 will be 6-6 after Houston finishes off Texas

Florida up on Georgia by 7 so might not get that one but ill fantastic so far overall

Reactions: biker7766
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT