ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest , who stayed ??

Stayed until the final whistle. My wife and friends wife went back to the car at 24-6. We were the only ones left in our row in 124 but was so happy we got to see one of the most amazing comebacks ever! No voice today and just starting to feel my face/fingers but have been smiling ever since…

Congratulations on having the faith and determination to stay to the end! My guess is that the words are up there because management thinks that many fans don't know them.
Also might be to brainwash the older fans while cementing the revised lyrics of our alma mater to the latest generation of fans. What it once was: "My father sent me to old Rutgers, And resolv'd that I should be a man"
Here is senior wide receiver Christian Dremel, a Don Bosco Prep grad who caught seven passes for 80 yards, plus a 2-point conversion: "Really appreciate everyone who came out today for sure, because it was not nice out there. The people who stuck it out, they brought the energy when we were making that comeback. Obviously not a nice day, not as many people as we thought, but (those who came) brought it. There was definitely energy in that building once things started to turn and we felt it, we could feed off that.”

Here is sophomore defensive back Thomas Amankwaa, a Hillsborough High School grad: “Thank you and we love you and we couldn’t have done it without you guys. Being able to stand in that rain and that cold meant a lot to us, and we can’t wait to see you the rest of the season. At home the crowd means everything.”

Here is Young, who got the whole thing started: “Everyone who came out in the rain, they didn’t have to, but they did – and we needed them. They backed us up. There is so much momentum that comes with that.”

We're going to give T.J. Ameha the last word here. What would he like to say to Rutgers fans about supporting this team?

Just because you’re losing,” he said, “doesn’t mean you’ll always be losing.”

Great quotes by the players. And it just goes to show how impactful the fans can be on the players and how appreciative they are when we cheer them on. Thanks for posting this.

Amazing game and comeback! I only wish the photos weren’t of empty stands. Those players deserved better from our fanbase. Abysmal showing from our fans

Reactions: slyker
Sec. 105, stayed till the end. Rain gear, layered up. Improbable for sure, not denying that,which made the win that much sweeter!!!!!! Must have sucked for those driving home listening to what they missed having literally walking away from a game people will talk about for YEARS!!!!

Reactions: TRU2RU
Absolutely amazed over how many people didn’t wear or even bring a Jacket. In what world would just a sweatshirt be a good idea in rain for 3 hours ??

$20 Walmart top and bottom extra thick poncho I bought for the WVU snow game was pulled out of the closet and worked great for dad and me. Stayed dry and pretty warm all game. Also amazing people don’t know 50 and cloudy isn’t that warm and is brutal if you’re soaking wet.

Moved to under the overhang in the 2nd half. Couldn’t go back down to my seats once the tide started to turn

Stayed until the end. Apparently a lot of us on here sit in section 127

moved to the student section at halftime to sit with my kids. Front row! watch the Final Drive Kyle interview, you can see us folding the riot squad banner up at the end.

Tommy A giving my updated handle some cred!

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Stayed thru the alma mater.

I wish they would stop putting the words to that up on the big screen and instead go back to showing the team and the coach singing it. I don't need to see the words I want to see happiness on their faces
Some people still don't know the words.

Stayed through the alma mater. Got up to leave and walked to the north gate, watched the block punt and walked back to the seats under the overhang. There were maybe 5,000 in the stadium at the end but it was still really loud somehow … here’s a video from field level on the last TD .. Super loud
As mentioned in another post…the “Jersey Roar” exists and it’s real.

The guy complaining, 'Four million dollars'? That's what I heard in 127. I was embarrassed for him. Might have been the same guy who would yell at the refs, on the few occasions that the call went in our favor.
Yes. The same guy who after an offsides penalty screamed that the team is undisciplined. Same team that is currently top 20 nationally in fewest penalty yards.

Another guy piled on shouting 'Schiano pay my tuition'. Dude looked 35 yrs old minimum.

I think some people would rather see us lose so they can complain loudly.

Reactions: RUChoppin and Kbee3
Absolutely amazed over how many people didn’t wear or even bring a Jacket. In what world would just a sweatshirt be a good idea in rain for 3 hours ??

$20 Walmart top and bottom extra thick poncho I bought for the WVU snow game was pulled out of the closet and worked great for dad and me. Stayed dry and pretty warm all game. Also amazing people don’t know 50 and cloudy isn’t that warm and is brutal if you’re soaking wet.

Exactly !!! We noticed the same thing. Of course you are going to get cold when your cotton clothes get soaked on a 50 degree day. Not everyone has to go out and buy the Gore Tex Pants and Jackets that I have but you can atleast buy some cheap ponchos and make an effort.

Yes. Actually comes detached.
Interesting…was checking that out earlier in the week because of the forecast and the color.

But didn’t really check to see if that was an option, removing the visor.

Shirtless chubby guy with the man boobs wasn’t cold. He stuck it out til end.

When they showed him on the screen it tooke a minute to realize I "knew" him. He tailgates 2 down from me every week.

By the end of the game he had 4 other guys joining him shirtless

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT