ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest , who stayed ??

Left at 24–6. I was drenched and thought game was over. Had it not been pouring , I would have stayed as I always stay till the end - even with the Eddie Jordan teams. Lol

I was diving home listening to game on radio and thought about driving back. Lol

Great win!

Left after the 3 and out after going down 6-24. At that point I was drenched, cold, tired, miserable and completely frustrated with our play. Said to my group, I can't believe we actually pay for this life experience and we decided to leave. Car ride home we started to regret our decision.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Does listening to the game on tue radio count? Was at regatta and was there til the end hoping they would pull it out!

My Dad and I stayed. Wasn't feeling confident after the 3rd Quarter but our patience paid off. For the comeback, it also seemed to materialize so quickly once it started.

Reactions: shields
I was there with my son till the end and what a feeling! It was so satisfying that those free Willy fans who didn’t show up or left early lost a chance to enjoy a great comeback!

Reactions: Knight Shift
We left at the half this week but that was the plan from the beginning. Get out ASAP and get home for second half. Both of my kids have been sick and are still congested (one has a football game tomorrow and the other field hockey) but we decided to go out and support the boys for the first half as we don’t skip home games.

Don’t regret leaving but if it was just me and the wife we would have stuck it out.

Great win regardless.

Reactions: RuBird
5 of our 6 family members stayed until the end. My youngest son left right before the end of the 3rd quarter

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not sure this counts but listened till the end on a beach in Sarasota Florida....full disclosure...came close to tossing my phone into to gulf water several times in the 2nd and 3rd quarters....

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
#MeToo

Btw, someone ITT surprised me. And not about staying or leaving…let’s just say, had no idea.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: thegock
Had to take a piss at halftime… even with a small crowd the lines were ridiculous so I headed out to the lots for an open port-a-jon and then continued on to my truck. I had 2 spare tickets to burn but we decided to head home. Watched all but the first 3 minutes of the second half in dry warm clothes, with a hot coffee on my own couch!

PS - I stayed till the end of the infamous temple game... I earned this one 😉

24-6 was it for me. I was sitting at the NB train station thinking about how many times I had sat there, pissed off because Rutgers played poorly. Then I guy came up to me and said Rutgers was ahead.

I stayed until the end, section 124. There were very few still there in my immediate area near the main concourse. Was fantastic to see the chop payoff! Much more rewarding than staying until the end of that Michigan home drubbing during the Ash years.

Our crew stayed. Section 127. Not sure which was worse - the refs, or the loner blowhard nearby ragging on Schiano at the top of his lungs in the 3rd quarter.

Not sure this counts but listened till the end on a beach in Sarasota Florida....full disclosure...came close to tossing my phone into to gulf water several times in the 2nd and 3rd quarters....
Watched until the end on the opposite side of Florida. Admittedly, my phone did have a couple of run-ins with the couch today (targeting/2nd Gavin INT)

I stayed till the end. Even sat in my seat all through halftime.

Add this to West Virginia in the snow; the Temple game ... watching the last seconds tick off after surrendering 80 points...

Stayed through the alma mater. Got up to leave and walked to the north gate, watched the block punt and walked back to the seats under the overhang. There were maybe 5,000 in the stadium at the end but it was still really loud somehow … here’s a video from field level on the last TD .. Super loud

Here is senior wide receiver Christian Dremel, a Don Bosco Prep grad who caught seven passes for 80 yards, plus a 2-point conversion: "Really appreciate everyone who came out today for sure, because it was not nice out there. The people who stuck it out, they brought the energy when we were making that comeback. Obviously not a nice day, not as many people as we thought, but (those who came) brought it. There was definitely energy in that building once things started to turn and we felt it, we could feed off that.”

Here is sophomore defensive back Thomas Amankwaa, a Hillsborough High School grad: “Thank you and we love you and we couldn’t have done it without you guys. Being able to stand in that rain and that cold meant a lot to us, and we can’t wait to see you the rest of the season. At home the crowd means everything.”

Here is Young, who got the whole thing started: “Everyone who came out in the rain, they didn’t have to, but they did – and we needed them. They backed us up. There is so much momentum that comes with that.”

We're going to give T.J. Ameha the last word here. What would he like to say to Rutgers fans about supporting this team?

Just because you’re losing,” he said, “doesn’t mean you’ll always be losing.”

Our crew stayed. Section 127. Not sure which was worse - the refs, or the loner blowhard nearby ragging on Schiano at the top of his lungs in the 3rd quarter.
The guy complaining, 'Four million dollars'? That's what I heard in 127. I was embarrassed for him. Might have been the same guy who would yell at the refs, on the few occasions that the call went in our favor.

I can understand leaving early when it's an obvious blowout, like some of the past UM/OSU/OSU games where we were down 30+ at the end of the 3Q (I've left some of those early), but I cannot, for the life of me, understand leaving down 18 points (2 TDs and a FG!), especially when the game was not far from even, except for that terrible mistake at the end of the first half and some horrible officiating. It was clear we were as good as they were and still had some chance. And the rain wasn't that bad. But it was certainly sweet to be there to see that incredible comeback in person and to celebrate at the end and sing the alma mater...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT