ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Outlook

"Starting to figure it out?" In their last 6:

- The lost to OSU (fairly easily)
- lost to Illinois
- lost to NW,
- got HAMMERED by Penn State,
- BARELY got by Nebraska,
- then lost at home to Michigan on Sr Day in, arguably, the single biggest "trap" game of the year in the entire nation (for Michigan).

That's one HELL of a "stretch" right there.
Yep. Big stretch. I was totally off here.

Reactions: Jason988
Bronx.

Don’t think there’s any question anymore. Bronx
Actually, for the first time I am not so sure.

The Pinstripe is 7th in the bowl selection order and RU has the 8th best record at 6-6.

I think Iowa then Wisconsin get picked after the 3 NYD/playoff teams. Then is comes down to the next pick (Music City?). If they pick MD then the Pinstripe picks between Northwestern and RU and likely picks RU. However, if they pick Northwestern I think there is a chance the Pinstripe pits MD against BC or Syr snd saves their RU pick for another year.

In that case, RU would get the Guaranteed Rate against a B12 team and either way the B1G doesn’t fill their Quick Lane spot.

I don’t think Maryland is eligible for pinstripe as they were there 2 years ago??

The Pinstripe is 7th in the bowl selection order and RU has the 8th best record at 6-6.

I think Iowa then Wisconsin get picked after the 3 NYD/playoff teams. Then is comes down to the next pick (Music City?). If they pick MD then the Pinstripe picks between Northwestern and RU and likely picks RU. However, if they pick Northwestern I think there is a chance the Pinstripe pits MD against BC or Syr snd saves their RU pick for another year.

In that case, RU would get the Guaranteed Rate against a B12 team and either way the B1G doesn’t fill their Quick Lane spot.
For the first time I am absolutely sure. It's the Pinstripe. They want us. We are not slipping past them in the draft sequence. The only question IMO was whether a bowl like Vegas would take us before the Pinstripe could. That question has been answered.

Yes, it is official. Fleck and the crew are rowing at 5-7, probably to Detroit.

There are 79 bowl eligibles for 82 slots. Next on line are transitionals James Madison and Jacksonville St. One left, which the Gophers get due to APR.

You may ask what about the winner of Army-Navy, one of whom will get to 6-6. The are both ineligible because the sixth win didn't come soon enough. By rule, bowl eligibility must be established by Selection Sunday which is next week. That's a tradeoff that the academies accept in exchange for their exclusive December window.

Yes, it is official. Fleck and the crew are rowing at 5-7, probably to Detroit.

There are 79 bowl eligibles for 82 slots. Next on line are transitionals James Madison and Jacksonville St. One left, which the Gophers get due to APR.

You may ask what about the winner of Army-Navy, one of whom will get to 6-6. The are both ineligible because the sixth win didn't come soon enough. By rule, bowl eligibility must be established by Selection Sunday which is next week. That's a tradeoff that the academies accept in exchange for their exclusive December window.
Would Army have been Bowl eligible with 6-wins prior to the Navy game given 2 of their wins would’ve been vs FCS schools?

Would Army have been Bowl eligible with 6-wins prior to the Navy game given 2 of their wins would’ve been vs FCS schools?
I THINK that only one of Army's FCS wins would have counted, so they would not have been a six win qualifier. However, they would have moved to the head of the five win line. So at minimum, they would have gotten the last spot instead of Minnesota.

Barring a minor miracle, and the Orange Bowl NOT taking a B1G school, odds are VERY GOOD that Iowa will go to The Citrus Bowl and Wisconsin to Nashville. IMHO:

I THINK that only one of Army's FCS wins would have counted, so they would not have been a six win qualifier. However, they would have moved to the head of the five win line. So at minimum, they would have gotten the last spot instead of Minnesota.
I was thinking the same. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT