ADVERTISEMENT

Burton Still Available, Mayock Has Him #31 Out Of 31 RBs

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
I think this goes to show how few FBs are in the college game today since they don't have their own category. I seriously want him to get picked up in the draft--dude is a baller and will help pick up some first downs at the next level.

It's painful to see a player so highly valued within our program not have that kind of respect from scouts.

I think this goes to show how few FBs are in the college game today since they don't have their own category. I seriously want him to get picked up in the draft--dude is a baller and will help pick up some first downs at the next level.
Better that he's u drafted at this point. That way he can choose the team that best fits him as a Free Agent. He will get his chance.

From what I was reading, only 19 NFL teams employ a FB in their offense, so that drastically reduces his stock. The first FB just went off the board at pick 108 (4th round, pick 9), so I think anything 5th-6th round would be a major accomplishment for Burton. 7th is most likely, and he's been described by most draft services as a priority free agent pick.

Keep in mind, the most obvious parallel, Henry Hynoski, who was arguably more accomplished and regarded entering the 2010 draft, went undrafted, although there were injury concerns at the time. FB is just not a position most teams use draft picks on.

Better that he's u drafted at this point. That way he can choose the team that best fits him as a Free Agent. He will get his chance.
+1 Teams that use FBs will call. They know that they don't have to smoke a pick.

Belichick has 7 picks remaining, so there's that. :)

And this is the kind of kid Belichik loves: Hard worker, high character, and a good locker room guy. Don't know if the Pats will draft him, but it would not surprise me if Michael ended up in New England as an undrafted free agent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT