ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Reiber

He can't be any good... look who else offered.

tenor.gif

Pike knows how to find talent and build a team. This exactly the type of guy we are missing. Let’s hope he can put the ball on the floor too.

Reactions: Scangg
Lots of good hair slated for next year's team.

Maybe we should go for the all hair team.

Who would start next year?

Myles Johnson
Ron Harper
Caleb
Rieber
Anyone else, or do we to sign more guys?

And who would make RU’s all-time hair team?

Myles HAS to be on that team.
Craig Carter, too.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Wonder how legit that 6' 9" is. Sounds like he could develop into a Yeboah-like skill set, which would be awesome. I don't expect that next year, of course.

Reactions: KevH and littlenis5
Nice! The report below from your link is worth reposting. Based on his video below, I'd say he's moderately athletic for a 6'9" guy (not explosively athletic), but he also seems to have nice all around skill set. Nice outside shot with a high release point and seems to know what to do around the basket. A lot to like and I think he'll fit in well here and hopefully be brought along at the right pace (which Pike does well).

6’9 ’20 Dean Reiber

Dean-Reiber-874x1024.jpg

The Rutgers signee continues to be problematic for all types of opponents, given his terrific blend of size, skill, and athleticism. Those attributes have always been his foundation but have only gotten better over time. Reiber operates very well out of the post, where he displays great IQ, vision, footwork, and quality touch with either hand. He has the ability to step out and reliably knock down jumpers from midrange or beyond the arc but also attacks closeouts quite well for a big man. Reiber has great rim-protection instincts, runs the floor extremely well, and finishes with consistency around the basket. He seems to keep getting better and better. Final stats: 17 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Reactions: Scangg
Maybe we should go for the all hair team.

Who would start next year?

Myles Johnson
Ron Harper
Caleb
Rieber
Anyone else, or do we to sign more guys?

And who would make RU’s all-time hair team?

Myles HAS to be on that team.
Craig Carter, too.
Donnell Lumpkin is the captain of the all hair team

Highlights from latest game. Looks lethargic on defensive end and doesn't seem passionate about rebounding , but I think he is a legit 6'-9" and have read that he has a 7' wingspan. A little bit of a project imo, but can see potential to develop into a BIG10 contributor. Hampton has Corey Sanders like hops.

Highlights from latest game. Looks lethargic on defensive end and doesn't seem passionate about rebounding , but I think he is a legit 6'-9" and have read that he has a 7' wingspan. A little bit of a project imo, but can see potential to develop into a BIG10 contributor. Hampton has Corey Sanders like hops.

I know this becomes a meme every year but he's a possible redshirt candidate IF we get another big man (Cliff or a grad transfer). Mag and Palmquist seem more ready to contribute next season.

I know this becomes a meme every year but he's a possible redshirt candidate IF we get another big man (Cliff or a grad transfer). Mag and Palmquist seem more ready to contribute next season.
Agree 100% and purposely didn't mention redshirt. Don't have a guy like this on our current squad (stretch 4) but other teams in the league do. Agree Mag can contribute early as a scrapper, but can't really speculate on Palmquist.

I think Appalachian State and ECU are involved. But I agree, I was impressed with him too.
ECU coached by NJ native Joe Dooley, who had a very successful run down here in southwest Florida at FGCU, after assisting at Kansas for a number of years.

ECU coached by NJ native Joe Dooley, who had a very successful run down here in southwest Florida at FGCU, after assisting at Kansas for a number of years.

Dooley had the ECU job originally back when he was an up-and-comer in the 90s. Got the job at age 29. Didn't really do much with it, and the fact he's the best they can do tells you all you need to know about where ECU basketball is. Still baffling that the AAC took them. Not like they have a storied football history either.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
That's my impression. We need 2 of 3(Mag, Reiber, Palmquist) in the rotation, replacing Yeboah's role and hopefully land Cliff for Shaq Carter's role plus some, otherwise it will be Doucoure or another recruit. The other will redshirt.

Need to send these "hair" guys over to the Wright cut and have them all get the same hairdo.

Dooley had the ECU job originally back when he was an up-and-comer in the 90s. Got the job at age 29. Didn't really do much with it, and the fact he's the best they can do tells you all you need to know about where ECU basketball is. Still baffling that the AAC took them. Not like they have a storied football history either.
Here is an interesting article on Houston hoops and Kelvin Sampson, whose team shares many of the traits of Rutgers. Interestingly, Sampson has an “older” team — 7 on his roster have had redshirt seasons. Sampson also has some nice things to say about Dooley and his ECU team. ECU hoops has not been good through the years, but for when Dooley was coach previously.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...carolina-aims-to-build-a-winner/#31f6c77b4690

Reactions: kcg88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT