ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Reiber

Highlights from latest game. Looks lethargic on defensive end and doesn't seem passionate about rebounding , but I think he is a legit 6'-9" and have read that he has a 7' wingspan. A little bit of a project imo, but can see potential to develop into a BIG10 contributor. Hampton has Corey Sanders like hops.
Looks like a huge project. I trust Pike, though.

Reactions: Richie O
Maybe we should go for the all hair team.

Who would start next year?

Myles Johnson
Ron Harper
Caleb
Rieber
Anyone else, or do we to sign more guys?

And who would make RU’s all-time hair team?

Myles HAS to be on that team.
Craig Carter, too.

Dean Reiber is not starting year one.

Reactions: MV9000
I know this becomes a meme every year but he's a possible redshirt candidate IF we get another big man (Cliff or a grad transfer). Mag and Palmquist seem more ready to contribute next season.

We'll see. I think (to this staff) Reiber was as much a priority recruit as Hawkins, Key and Farrar. The staff seemed to really like him and was on him as aggressively as those other three. I think they see something they like.

Might be (hoping it is) a similar situation to Geo. If you recall the staff was on Geo hard even as they were recruiting kids like Alvarado. Geo was a priority in that class. Think Reiber was as well.

You can make no judgments from the video, at this point no one is coming in next year and starting. Not even Cliff.

It's either the player isn't going to play right away because he's not good enough in general or he's not good enough to find minutes period??

This is still an incomplete roster from a "can RU impact a defense in this way"??

I know it's not feasible for fans to believe but kids that have a strength in one specific item, can play and learn on the fly.

We have already seen a player with no jump shot, no real ability to score on his own and a limited defensive player 1 on 1, in Mulcahy, play 12 to 20 minutes at a time. I don't see how Reiber doesn't play next year, quite honestly, especially if there's no Cliff Omoyuri or Shema Osborn on this roster.

If you ran or rewind the tape of a game at Illinois where the phantom foul called on the illegal screen on Myles Johnson, if you ran that same play with Reiber as the screener, you will create more driving lanes with Reiber in that role vs Johnson.

The defender (in the Illinois game) could have been Cockburn or Giorgi, guarding Johnson. In that one play, the Illinois defensive player has no real reason to hedge on the screen and Johnson is not going to catch a pass and shoot the ball, if the guard goes around the screen.

If Reiber has one ability, it's shooting touch from distance....not necessarily 3 point range, but at least the threat of being a shooter. If you run that play 5 times with Myles or Carter as your screener, there's nothing else developed off that play, other than try to free up the guard.

I am certain that Reiber or preferably Shema, has the ability to shoot the ball, in that scenario. Myles and Shaq Carter, cannot offer that other dimension.

On the other side, obviously Reiber is not the post defense piece like Myles or Cliff or Doucoure. But in a game like Michigan where you have Teske shooting 3a, you have to have an ability to match up and pull the bigs away from the paint, by having a big to spread the court.

Reiber will be that player that creates even more driving lanes for Mathis, Caleb, Geo and Jacob Young by being a threat to shoot. If he can at least do that, he will find minutes next year, 100% certain that his role will be in that mode.

You can make no judgments from the video, at this point no one is coming in next year and starting. Not even Cliff.
Disagree. Cliff might take a few games to get into the flow, but with Yeboah and Carter gone and Myles the only returning B1G quality big man (Doucoure is just not), I could easily see him playing significant minutes, if not starting, by the B1G conference schedule next year, especially when we want to go big or if Myles gets in foul trouble I think he's that good.

Disagree. Cliff might take a few games to get into the flow, but with Yeboah and Carter gone and Myles the only returning B1G quality big man (Doucoure is just not), I could easily see him playing significant minutes, if not starting, by the B1G conference schedule next year, especially when we want to go big or if Myles gets in foul trouble I think he's that good.
So he's starting over Myles? Bc we aren't starting both.

I clearly said starting. Nobody is redshirtg next season.

No way he starts unless Myles gets hurt. You greatly underestimate Myles. He will be really good next year.

Who said in place of Myles? Not me. No reason he can't play the 4, IMO, at 6'10"/230, especially as I assume he projects to be a 4 if he is good enough to go pro someday. I was the guy who started a thread about Myles potentially being the best center since Hinson immediately after his first game last year, so no underestimation here.

Who said in place of Myles? Not me. No reason he can't play the 4, IMO, at 6'10"/230, especially as I assume he projects to be a 4 if he is good enough to go pro someday. I was the guy who started a thread about Myles potentially being the best center since Hinson immediately after his first game last year, so no underestimation here.
Ahh - well that’s possible but I think he will play center here. We shall see I guess. It’s an interesting proposition.

I know this becomes a meme every year but he's a possible redshirt candidate IF we get another big man (Cliff or a grad transfer). Mag and Palmquist seem more ready to contribute next season.
Mag's the project. Reiber plays early.

Reiber's teammate Christian Hampton shatters backboard in a game. Pike should talk to this kid as a PWO spot.

So he's starting over Myles? Bc we aren't starting both.
If he's better at FT's then probably yea. There isn't a bigger liability down the stretch than having Myles out there with his abysmal touch at the line.

All he needs is a stache and we have Adam Morrison
Hopefully, we get the Adam Morrison that averaged 28 points per game, shot 50% overall, and 42% from 3 his last year at Gonzaga instead of the guy who flamed out in the NBA because he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Hopefully, we get the Adam Morrison that averaged 28 points per game, shot 50% overall, and 42% from 3 his last year at Gonzaga instead of the guy who flamed out in the NBA because he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
Adam Morrison was the most obvious NBA bust I've ever seen

Maybe we should go for the all hair team.

Who would start next year?

Myles Johnson
Ron Harper
Caleb
Rieber
Anyone else, or do we to sign more guys?

And who would make RU’s all-time hair team?

Myles HAS to be on that team.
Craig Carter, too.

Corey Sanders: first year!

MO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT