ADVERTISEMENT

DESHAWN FREEMAN COMMITS TO RUTGERS!!!!

I think this is exactly it. I see Daniels as the first off the bench. his energy would be great here. And then he can sit after short bursts to limit his mistakes.
Deshawn,
Welcome to The State of Rutgers and your Scarlet Knights !!!

I said Freeman was the only one RU had a "remote" shot in landing a few weeks ago. VT backed off him because they are expecting to land someone better, so that opened the door for RU. I never said RU was a long shot. I know I have said this before, you all don't have to worry about me anymore, I am moving on. Good Luck in the future gents....signing out, for good...

Hype, you can't even crawl out of here without taking a parting shot. So VT "backed off" of Freeman? OK, whatever you say. Would have been nice for you to offer a kind word to Eddie and the staff but your bitterness obviously won't allow it.
By the way, we won't "worry about" you anymore because we never worried about you now.
And while you are "signing out" maybe it's time to change your name from 3Hype to 3Strikes.

Reactions: RUKeystone
Very happy for the team, for the coaching staff and for the fans. At a minimum, this was very important psychologically, showing the fans EJ and crew CAN recruit. Additionally, RU clearly could use an additional front-court PF type player. RU now has 5: Lewis, Doorson, Diallo, Forman and Freeman. This HAS to help the team for next season, a very good thing.

P.S. Without mentioning names, the definition of "remote," as in remote chance or possibility, is "unlikely to occur." Synonyms include unlikely, improbable, implausible, dubious, etc. Sounds a lot like a "long shot" to me.

P.P.S. As you can tell from my avatar, I am a well-conditioned RU fan ... all good things for RU sports seem "remote" until proven otherwise. Yet, still I hope ... see my 2nd quote in my signature!

Amazing get by EJ!!

This should buy him atleast 48 hours before posters are back on here calling for his job!! :D

Amazing get by EJ!!

This should buy him atleast 48 hours before posters are back on here calling for his job!! :D

Next time he misses a Court Club Meeting to go on a high priority recruiting trip a few people will call for his head. :rolleyes:

images

As it stands right now after adding Freeman, could this team beat last years? No doubt about it. This could be a 15-17 win team.

Great news - shaping up to be a much better class than anyone expected. As I've said a few times on the board, I'm pulling harder for Eddie, personally, than I've ever pulled for an RU coach, since he's an alum, like most of us and I know he bleeds scarlet and it will mean the world to him if he can turn this mess around. I also think he's likelier to stay than most other coaches would be, should he become successful, since he's a bit older and hopefully not looking for the next big thing.

Two questions: I thought I read Sanders had qualified or at least received a qualifying SAT score. Do we know yet if he's going to be eligible? Same for Freeman - is he going to be eligible and when does he sign a LOI (not sure on Jucos in April)?

Hype,

Why? R U a Rutgers fan!? You are free to post your 2 cents.

I said Freeman was the only one RU had a "remote" shot in landing a few weeks ago. VT backed off him because they are expecting to land someone better, so that opened the door for RU. I never said RU was a long shot. I know I have said this before, you all don't have to worry about me anymore, I am moving on. Good Luck in the future gents....signing out, for good...

As it stands right now after adding Freeman, could this team beat last years? No doubt about it. This could be a 15-17 win team.

Agree....improvement at every position. No disrespect to Mack but he would have been much better off the ball running around looking for open 3's.

I think we will see a wide open pressing style going 10-12 deep every night. Shooters on the court, a penetrating point guard and wings that can actually attack the basket in the half-court offense.

Once Hype's inside information source left for Rhode lsland, he wasn't able to offer anything anyone else couldn't find out looking on the web. He served a purpose before Eddie, but is no expendable. Good for him to have left.

On a more important note, please tell me Freeman can shoot.

Reactions: RUKeystone
Once Hype's inside information source left for Rhode lsland, he wasn't able to offer anything anyone else couldn't find out looking on the web. He served a purpose before Eddie, but is no expendable. Good for him to have left.

On a more important note, please tell me Freeman can shoot.

Don't expect a 6-8, 225 Three point shooter....... His points will be in or around the paint working near the rim. Something Jack should have done on a more consistent basis. When Jack attacked the rim, the Rutgers offense was better.

This doesn't solve a ton of problems for this coming season, we will be very young, BUT it takes a tremendous amount of pressure off of the younger players that will be playing their first competition of B1G basketball. Sanders will not be asked to lead everything by himself on and off the court, Freeman can help become a focal point and not having Etou around perhaps solves some potential resentment of an existing talented player thinking he will be that person, when you can have Freeman and Sanders and others all go through the process together.

Having Lewis and Freeman as a bridge of what hard work it will take is important, just a matter of making sure when competition for minutes is there (and it is now with this many newcomers) that everyone is pulling in the same direction. It's a very tricky situation, but if given a choice of having this happen, I'd rather it happen with Nigel Johnson, Freeman and Laurent (all are high quality kids) along with Goode etc., vs a piece or two thinking because they and have the answers.

There is a cut-throat mentality that an improving program can push the envelope with and that's not giving up on Ellison....there isn't room technically, but he's a talented kid that can play....there are creative ways to make room without asking anyone to depart right away. Ellison isn't as much as a "must have", now that Freeman has agreed to join RU, but it would be interesting to see what RU and staff has up their sleeves with Ellison. I don't think this was an "either Freeman or Ellison", situation.

Great point....Freeman gives this team a talented experienced option that it desperately needed. I was quite down on the teams ability to score next year but Freeman immediately changes things and as you said Hawk it alleviates the pressure on the younger guys. Freeman also gives the program a chance to show some progress in the win/loss column and give Eddie a chance to make impacts with the 2016 and 2017 classes. To me Freeman was a must get if Eddie wanted to turn things around and now he has a shot. There are still huge questions to answer and a young team will still need a lot of work. I don't see RU going over 500 but now it raises the possibility of 2016-2017 going over 500

Huge credit to the coaching staff for sticking with it and pulling this one out

Keep seeing mixed aspects on whether Sanders will qualify. Hope this is a matter of when and not if.
Gotta believe this bodes well for Sanders qualifying. Freeman is a highly-touted recruit with 2 yrs to prove he has pro potential, can't see him taking a flyer on team without a blue-chip PG to be all but a lock on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT