ADVERTISEMENT

Football Bowl Bonus Leads to Softball Upgrades

Scarlet_Scourge

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2012
Kyle Flood has always let it be known how much he appreciates the support Rutgers' other sports teams have shown to the football program. This time, the Scarlet Knights' head coach was able to express that gratitude in more than just words.

Thanks in part to a $25,000 Fathead customized installation that Rutgers earned as a bonus for winning the Quick Lane Bowl last December, both dugouts at the Rutgers Softball Complex have been spruced up with new wallpaper covering the drab concrete that was once exposed.

Read the rest and watch the video at the link: http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/042315aaa.html

Reactions: eddynyse and ron313
That looks so much better! The installers look like real craftsmen in that video, too. Thank you for posting!

Got a screenshot from the video:

RutgersSoftballDugout_zpsahufiwg2.jpg

Probably a pretty good use of the limited funds, all things considered

I was thinking the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong they look great and nice job by KF but that's 25k? I guess 25k doesn't buy u what it used to

how the heck does 25k only buy 2 dugout posters?

Rutgers didn't receive $25K. The winning team for the Quick Lane Bowl gets a locker room makeover from Fathead, which Fathead values at $25,000. Kyle Flood offered that prize to makeover the dugouts. (I don't know if Flood took a less valuable locker room makeover so the dugouts could also be included, or if he gave up the locker room makeover for the dugouts.)

Awesome story. I really hope Flood can land a strong recruiting class in 2016, so that the entire fan base can finally get behind him with true confidence. RU will be in terrific hands if Flood succeeds.

Reactions: ron313
Rutgers didn't receive $25K. The winning team for the Quick Lane Bowl gets a locker room makeover from Fathead, which Fathead values at $25,000. Kyle Flood offered that prize to makeover the dugouts. (I don't know if Flood took a less valuable locker room makeover so the dugouts could also be included, or if he gave up the locker room makeover for the dugouts.)

ahhh that makes sense. Can I have that put into my apartment? haha

It looks like a brand new paint job all around and the interior roof of the dugout looks new. That may have been part of the $25K as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT