ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops versus Nebraska (6:30pm)

Dont play Jones..dont
I watched some of his D.. he was better.. but that is based on some awful D previously.

Jones will get there if he has the desire and it looks like he does. He'll ned that to get faster and play lower and stronger.. faster twitch muscles in the legs.

As I watch the defense in-general.. more than a few players do not use their feet properly.. both on O and D.. they just don't get their feet ready to do whatever comes next. Cliff was tremendous down the stretch.. but reaches and jumps when he should be moving his feet closer first.. luckily late in the game they were bringing the ball to him. Oddly.. Rieber uses his feet well and get close before trying to go up and block shots etc.

And Harper.. c'mon man... his only effort to square up consistently was very late in the game. On D he should be playing like he is afraid his guy ALREADY HAS THE BALL. Instead he kinda watches things.. feet dangerously close together at times.. wide stance! And on O.. watch the places he can get to and be open for a shot.. sprint there.. get feet ready for a shot... he does this coming up the court with Geo.. but it works in half-court O too.. JUST DO IT.

Applies to some others too... but I have said enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
Yahoo box score credits us with 10 steals, 10 blocks, and holding Nebraska to 29.3% from the floor. Bryce McGowens was their only effective player most of the night. They had one FG in the last eight minutes. I think we played good defense in the second half. It is on offense where we struggled and had to grind for points again.
With those defensive stats, it almost seems impossible that NEB scored as many points as they did.

yep exactly and the ref that called it was on the baseline.
It was the shooter's out of control fall to the floor that fooled the baseline ref.. it looked completely unnatural. I would not call it a flop... but that was the result.. a call based on an unintentional flop... he was just way off balance trying to get that 3-point shot up.

I blame the other refs for not talking to him about it and going to the video.

And the game on the whole was poorly officiated and strongly in the Huskers' favor. It was as if they said.. well.. Huskers are home, they haven't won a game.. Rutgers isn't going anywhere.. let's favor the home team and see what they can do.

Out of context, that might be the worst call any ref has made against RU basketball that I can remember outside of walking off the court against St. John’s
And I was so happy when the first foul shot was missed
Made it nearly impossible to lose after that, but with RU…..

It was the shooter's out of control fall to the floor that fooled the baseline ref.. it looked completely unnatural. I would not call it a flop... but that was the result.. a call based on an unintentional flop... he was just way off balance trying to get that 3-point shot up.

I blame the other refs for not talking to him about it and going to the video.

And the game on the whole was poorly officiated and strongly in the Huskers' favor. It was as if they said.. well.. Huskers are home, they haven't won a game.. Rutgers isn't going anywhere.. let's favor the home team and see what they can do.
It would haven taken a brave ref to overrule the three shot foul

It would haven taken a brave ref to overrule the three shot foul
overrule? how about discussing.. there are 3 of them. Chances are 2 of them had eyes on.

how many times have you seen them huddle, discuss, hide their lips behind a ball or a hand.. go to the video looking for.. what? Like Mag gets hammered, falls to the ground.. and they go to video and say, nothing there? Us Rutgers fans might think they are looking to see if Mag got hammered.. but maybe they were looking to see if Mag tripped the player who hammered him and then fell over him.. no call was made and they discussed that one... AND went to the video... where they saw their blatantly missed call and would probably say they couldn't do anything because a call was not made.

But, yeah, it would have taken some guts to even say, hey, lets discuss this.

Dear B1G refs:
You have more than made up for the whistle that could have gone either way, but did go our way (for a change) vs. Iowa. In fact with the *other garbage calls last night on RHJ for so-called charging, a phantom block foul vs Mag and the non-foul foul on jalen miller compounded by a quick T, you owe us a few more make-up calls. As usual. Regards, RU Hoops.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT