ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Illinois

This officiating crew can go eff themselves. It's bad enough that Kelly Phiefer is in there (the short black hair guy) but the other white official is a POS. How many $hitty calls did he make on us when we were actually back in the game down 13? He can go Eff himself.

One of the reasons Kofi doesn’t have more fouls is that we don’t have center with an offensive game he needs to respect.

We lost to arguably the hottest team in the country (one that plays in a real conference) that may be the overall #2 seed in the entire NCAA Tournament. So we put it behind us and get ready to enjoy a day that we haven't in 30 years. Two of the best consecutive season for Rutgers basketball in arguably 45 years. Let's enjoy it.

if Jones and Miller are the recruits we’ve been told they are, they’ll be fine.
Sorry, but if Myles leaves, we're in serious trouble inside. I'm sure Cliff will improve some, but he's just not ready to compete with the top or even middle of the B1G inside and we have nobody else. Reiber and Palmquist are unlikely to ever be more than role players and we don't have anyone else. We absolutely need a transfer big man if Myles doesn't come back (I think he will, though, but nobody knows for sure).

Even if it's just an occasional 3, if Cliff can show he is a threat from behind that line, it does change how defenses have to play when he is on the floor.

If Illinois continues to play like that it is Final Four-bound

Great team. Let’s see how other conference Refs call their games. No other conference has a Kofi type player. Will he be allowed to play physical?

45 fouls called with Rutgers making 24 fouls and Illinois 21 fouls.

Need to forget this. Move on. Illinois played great. We did not. this is still the best team Rutgers has had in 30 + years. Enjoy Sunday!

Reactions: Knightmoves
Elmore just said what I've been saying all year. You can tell all about a team by assists.......6!!! 6 assists that is SHIT

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Kofi was shoving guys around all night. It was ridiculous. At the same time we were charmin soft.

I was shocked Pike didn’t go off on caleb’s technical. Pushed from behind and natural reaction reaching - in slow motion anything can look like intent.

Paul’s was bad. CM’s was horrible

That was his chance to step up and he just let it go...

Sorry, but if Myles leaves, we're in serious trouble inside. I'm sure Cliff will improve some, but he's just not ready to compete with the top or even middle of the B1G inside and we have nobody else. Reiber and Palmquist are unlikely to ever be more than role players and we don't have anyone else. We absolutely need a transfer big man if Myles doesn't come back (I think he will, though, but nobody knows for sure).
I hate to even think about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT