ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Maryland

Really you delusional twit... tell me what I’m making up . The team has quit and it stems from as bac just posted “ the Twitter crap” . If you believe it has had no impact then you never played above CYO .

Other things may be going on behind the scene still.

Really??? Young takes it to the basket when we actually need 3s and then gets hurt...

we are cursed!!

im sorry but Pike has coached TERRIBLY all year and this was the worst game that exposed it all. I know he won’t be grilled by reporters but he should be. Just dumb

This team doesn't deserve it. Even Steve doesn't for this nonsence. Tournament teams will this game not back into a tournament.

This team doesn't deserve it. Even Steve doesn't for this nonsence. Tournament teams will this game not back into a tournament.

You are being way too emotional.

Just like I am sure there are some on the board that would like to run over Sweet Pea right now. Keep the faith.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Last edited:
They have been playing much faster the last 5 min of the game. They have been lethargic the rest of the game.

At this point I just hope to make the tourney to get the money off the back then move on from this team. They are unwatchable.

Reactions: GSGS and jordkap
Does Geo just hate to shoot????!! I’m sorry but this was a disagrace.
All our players scared to shoot with any confidence

Reactions: GSGS
I’m badmouthing ****ing morons because they are morons.

That includes people who think we need 3 more wins to make the tournament, people who think we should shoot zero threes per game, and people who don’t want to make the tournament.
No you are not thinking correctly. Because fans and alums and DONORS are disgusted. Poor coaching is one thing but this team has packed it in .I predicted wins against Maryland, Indiana and Nebraska ... those who kept the insane win 1 and we’re in rant are now looking at maybe we really are a bubble team? We better win against Indiana and Nebby or the pressure will melt these guys. I maintain it is a mental issue for Harper and Baker. I would not be surprised if Pike doesn’t have a team problem since that twitter post.

zero for McConnell
Q4xkxBH.gif

Extremely disappointing and Im having flashbacks of 1999 and Waters NIT final year. I am not even angry really just incredulous. Can we really blow it AGAIN?????

Reactions: shields
Pike post game comments..... "Maryland is a well coached team they are as good as anyone in the league. I saw some good things from our guys. They played hard.: Its all scripted

Bad performance and Myles needed to be more dominant and was terrible with harper.

Offense remains the issue. Gotta start Young and either force Paul to shoot more or play more Mathis
Paul’s rhythm 3 was exactly the shot they should be taking and making during the game. Instead, they pass up that shot 20 times a game, sometimes multiple times in a possession. I’m sick and tired of the need to shoot with 5 seconds or less on the shot clock

Paul’s rhythm 3 was exactly the shot they should be taking and making during the game. Instead, they pass up that shot 20 times a game, sometimes multiple times in a possession. I’m sick and tired of the need to shoot with 5 seconds or less on the shot clock

well said

Pike post game comments..... "Maryland is a well coached team they are as good as anyone in the league. I saw some good things from our guys. They played hard.: Its all scripted

I don’t listen to the Pike coach speak pressers after the game unless we win.

Pike blew that one. Despite terrible offense we were still in it. Didn't force the ball into Myles early. Keeps JY on the bench for way too long, puts Harper in at crucial time (wtf was that?). What a disaster.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
It was games we’ve been in where Harper didn’t score much.. the whole team went down hill everyone’s stats suffered. Is that Harper fault too ?

When Harper came back from injury and was a shell of himself. That’s when. Point blank.

I’ll add on to this that if Caleb hadn’t also come back at the same time, this team probably wouldn’t even be close to the NCAA bubble conversation because the defense wouldn’t have improved the same way and the offense would still be struggling just the same.

Reactions: RUDead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT