ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Michigan State

This is a disgusting loss.

Let's just hope we make the NCAA tournament. We've lost 3 out of the last 4.

Need to stop this skid.

This is what we said the last 2 losses. We are trending in the wrong direction. Looking like huge pretenders.
This was the only ass kicking though from start to finish. Ohio state was the foul game and Iowa was a nip tuck loss

I find it interesting how animated Izzo is on the sideline yelling at the refs etc...

Need Pike to work the refs a bit more.
Pike never works the refs looks half dead on the sidelines he needs to get more fired up too late now but Jesus Christ do something

REALLY proud of myself for not taking Rutgers on the live line a half hour ago.
Shit the bed tonight.

I'm running practice the 1st person that shoots without 3 passes will not see the floor next game. This is pick up ball not Major Division 1 basketball

People talking about getting to sweet sixteen. Want to just get to tourney.

29% from floor including 25% from three. 31% FT shooting.

Outrebounded 44-24 but that will happen when you never make a shot. Plenty of defensive rebound opportunities for the opponent.

This is way more than an Iowa hangover. This looks like a Jordan coached game tonight. Pike had no response for Izzo’s D. 40 pts with 3 mins left

Really big mistake to move away for Mathis early.

People probably don’t even realize he’s 10th in the conference in scoring entering tonight.

Meanwhile he’s only 1 of 4 and everyone other than McConnell has more attempt then him.

Getting almost doubled up on the boards ; that’s all you need to know about our effort tonight

Michigan State is normally not a good defensive team. They aren’t a dominant post team. We just didn’t show up. Unless this is that sparty game where they suddenly get good. Happens with them every year.

Myles has too much frustration in him. I get it. He’s a big center who can’t score. That sucks. But hey, maybe if he made free throws he wouldn’t be fouled every time

Can't score and can't hit free throws. It's a terrible combination. He also misses a lot of dunks for a guy that size.

The kid gives effort on D and wants to win, but we really need to upgrade that position if we want to get to the next level. You simply can't have your center be this awful on one side of the floor.

20 point loss possibly more. Confidence is a fleeting thing in sports, but desperately needed to win. These are the types of games that destroy you.

No hyperbole. The next game is the biggest game of this season. It will be very telling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT