ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Michigan State

This was the only ass kicking though from start to finish. Ohio state was the foul game and Iowa was a nip tuck loss

We looked the same as far as playing lazy, uninspired offense vs Iowa. But agree it wasn't as bad. Still, this might be the worst, but it is against the worst team, and we have still lost 3 out of 4. We might be realistically lucky to be a middle of the pack big ten team this season.

Even with our two losses, we were still getting love from media everywhere That's all gone now. Won't be anymore #2 seed projections. We just need to try and get in the tournament.

Really disgusted. Bad enough to lose but this is kind of loss cannot be written off like the Ohio State loss.

Yeah... this game is pure cancer for our NCAA hopes.

We laid an egg that's going to be used against us since we're a bubble team.

We'll need to make up for it.

Our team which is really talented, $hit the bed tonight gang. I hope this game puts a really bad taste in their mouths, because they EARNED IT.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Losing by 20 points and only scoring 40 points with 3 minutes remaining in the game.This has to rank as one of the worse performances by Rutgers since joining the B1G.Baker twists ankle which is terrible and hopefully he has a speedy recover.

What was the alternative? They made us playing in the half court and hes the only one who can beat someone off the dribble consistently. That is all our “offense” is
KYK, I really like a lot of your posts, but knock it off about us not running an offense. I played, coached and have been a BB fan for 40+ years. Sorry, pal but you don't know what you're talking about.

Man, maybe our shoes are trash this year. (I.e. Tweaks / injuries to Geo, Mawot, Cliff) Getting injured a lot, not including stepping on an opponent’s foot.

45 points. Need to go to the thesaurus. Only so many times you can say this is embarrassing.

That was like the Chis Ash run team of basketball. Plenty of terrible to go around from top to bottom

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Caleb looks like he did as a freshman.

This is an interesting point and I was wondering how his return to the rotation may be impacting chemistry. I know he is an asset and will help benefit the team long-term so they need to force in men but they all just seem off. I know the seasons of grind so I’m sure that contributes.

Reactions: bac2therac
Seriously. Someone needs to pull his ass aside and snap him into shape.

Horrible body language. Legit pouting and dragging his feet out there.

Yeah. Not a good look at all. He's not the only one tonight, though. This coaching staff's biggest challenge right now will be to get inside the heads of these guys and fix what's broken. They looked defeated from the gate tonight.

KYK, I really like a lot of your posts, but knock it off about us not running an offense. I played, coached and have been a BB fan for 40+ years. Sorry, pal but you don't know what you're talking about.
Do me a favor. Post a 4 minute long stretch in a game where were running an offense

Reactions: RUsojo
This is an interesting point and I was wondering how his return to the rotation may be impacting chemistry. I know he is an asset and will help benefit the team long-term so they need to force in men but they all just seem off. I know the seasons of grind so I’m sure that contributes.
The problem is we have too many chucks on the team that do not know how to pass a ball or run an offense.

Just pray this is our worse game imaginable for the rest of the year.
Despite how bad it was, we had opportunities at different points.

I can’t believe we only managed 25 total rebounds. Nobody other than MJ had more than 3 and he only had 7. We have not looked inept on the boards in other games, and Michigan State isn’t known to be a great rebounding team. Just nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT