ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Michigan State

The problem is we have too many chucks on the team that do not know how to pass a ball or run an offense.

The problem in this game was on the glass. It fed our other problems. Letting them get all those rebounds limited their empty possessions which forced us to play halfcourt offense constantly versus their set defense.

This is an interesting point and I was wondering how his return to the rotation may be impacting chemistry. I know he is an asset and will help benefit the team long-term so they need to force in men but they all just seem off. I know the seasons of grind so I’m sure that contributes.
It might have an effect for sure but when you consider if he's not in there Mulcahy would be that's not a great alternative.

Are you really that thick? We were a lock for the tourney, which is all that matters to me. Drought was over. Not having a tourney was merely an unimportant formality.

We didn't make the tournament, because it never happened. You saying we did is like UCF's national championship.

And your gimmick of attacking posters in these threads need to stop.

Last year you attacked me in one of these threads, I said I was wrong, you refused to let it go and you kept on coming after me.

I see you doing it to Plum Street here. Maybe stop being so aggro.

I really like McConell, but I have to wonder if his presence out there has really screwed up the chemistry on this team. I know he's getting himself back in game shape, but his shot is really off right now and and the fact that Pike put him right back in the rotation, has me concerned.

Reactions: RUinOhio
If I'm running or coaching this team tonight every single drive to the basket instead if just throwing up an off balance prayer would have been some kind of roll with a dump off to Myles he would have made more than he missed. The problem us we have too many guys who want to put 20 pts on the board they are putting stats over team play.

2nd if JY & Tez continually do 1 on 3's on breaks instead of pulling out and working for a good shot their ass would be sitting in a chair watching. If it's not there bring it out

Your kidding right? The drought is NOT over it was not played.. sucks but it is what it is
Not kidding at all. For me. I don't really care what you or others think on this topic. We were clearly a tourney team last year. The fact that it was cancelled is immaterial. Again, to me.

Reactions: Kbee3
It might have an effect for sure but when you consider if he's not in there Mulcahy would be that's not a great alternative.

Seemed to me like they played a good amount together because we were getting killed on the boards. RH really hurt us on the glass. Totally ineffective today. Big disappointment there.

If I'm running or coaching this team tonight every single drive to the basket instead if just throwing up an off balance prayer would have been some kind of roll with a dump off to Myles he would have made more than he missed. The problem us we have too many guys who want to put 20 pts on the board they are putting stats over team play.

2nd if JY & Tez continually do 1 on 3's on breaks instead of pulling out and working for a good shot their ass would be sitting in a chair watching. If it's not there bring it out

Dumping it in to Myles when successful will mostly just put him at the FT line which is like a turnover. That’s the problem.

in fairness - we are normally a great transition team and just average in the halfcourt. Halfcourt game wasn’t getting great looks so I wasn’t as bothered by the fast break shot selection. Usually those buckets fall.

Reactions: bac2therac
Are you really that thick? We were a lock for the tourney, which is all that matters to me. Drought was over. Not having a tourney was merely an unimportant formality.
It didn’t happen . Hell, if we are going to claim we made the tournament last year . Why stop there? Maybe just say we would have made the sweet 16, Final 4 or won the game whole damn NC in 2020.
When/if we make the tournament this year the graphic on the cbs screen is going to read “first tournament selection since 1991.” The record books will not have any asterisks of “rutgers would have made the tournament if it was held in 2020”. Just win and make the 2021 tournament. That’s the solution and where we are as a program right now . Last night was awful and we have lost 3 of 4. Time for this group to get their sh$t together .

Reactions: biazza38
Not kidding at all. For me. I don't really care what you or others think on this topic. We were clearly a tourney team last year. The fact that it was cancelled is immaterial. Again, to me.
You got issues bro. Last I checked we did not play 1 second in an NCAA tourney game. You need to come to grips with reality. It DIDN'T happen

The problem in this game was on the glass. It fed our other problems. Letting them get all those rebounds limited their empty possessions which forced us to play halfcourt offense constantly versus their set defense.
Not disagreeing with that at all. The reason we got dusted on the boards is everybody is hanging out by 3 pt land. We need to do the dirty work to get baskets. This game was taylor made for MJ but in typical fashion the chucks did not use him or go to him. There was NOBODY on MSU that was capable of guarding him. He should have walked away with 30 pts last night. Even if they fouled him time and time again and he missed FT's they 100% would have gone into foul trouble. The biggest guy they had was 6'8" and we did not take advantage of it. He worked hard down low and they did not give him the ball. This game was 100% taylored to his abilities

Dumping it in to Myles when successful will mostly just put him at the FT line which is like a turnover. That’s the problem.

in fairness - we are normally a great transition team and just average in the halfcourt. Halfcourt game wasn’t getting great looks so I wasn’t as bothered by the fast break shot selection. Usually those buckets fall.
1 on 3's have next to zero chance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT