ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Penn State

First Pikiell is a coach of the year candidate and now some of you are saying he's a bad coach. Which is it?

Great game. Very happy they turned it around. We got beat which is a lot better than us losing the game. Only complaint was the last possession. Whatever Pike called did not work.

First Pikiell is a coach of the year candidate and now some of you are saying he's a bad coach. Which is it?
Tonight he surely wasn't, had psu on the ropes got a 21 point lead down to 1. He puts in some asinine lineup for way too long and the lead balloons back to 10. It was a scratch and claw game to get that back down till the end. This game is on him.

Last edited:
Don't follow Rutgers close enough to know his substitution patterns. All I ever hear is what a great coach he is.

Because that is coaching in game vs. Doing the same damn thing over and over and over. And I knew calling that last TO with 2mins 20 secs would be an issue.
Chambers tried to bail us out and call a TO after the 3 too. Obviously he wouldve told his guys to start fouling the moment we attempt to drive and wouldve set up a full court press.

It is so tough being a Rutgers fan. Waiting for that signature road win to possibly get us into the tournament for the first time since 1991. Down 21 and come back, take the lead at the end, and then lose by one. Brutal.

Because that is coaching in game vs. Doing the same damn thing over and over and over. And I knew calling that last TO with 2mins 20 secs would be an issue.
that was a decent timeout... but we should have had one more..

With only 4 fouls, Penn State should’ve been fouling all over there. We never should’ve got an open shot. Terrible coaching by Chambers in second half.

Honestly, RU should have been fouling. Put them at the line for 2. Better than giving up a game winner for 3.

You've not seen the last3 weeks? 5 days ago my personal wealth was up 6% ytd. Guess where it is now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT