ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Penn State

yes just saw on the replay and actually was open, he would have been a decent decoy option to drive and kick

we really were confused
Crazy thing is we had 26 seconds to do something and we had zero clue what to do. Its a poorly coached team, with 26 seconds you should be able to run through 2 sets. The issue is, again, we literally dont run an offense so we went 1-4, quickly got doubled and panicked

we have to give Pike both a merit and a demerit...

the one thing we can say is, that when the team is down, way down, he gets their heads in the game and they don't give up.....

the demerit is not having the team playing well before that.
Totally. But why the same pattern every game? Why can't he getvtheirxattention sooner? So many examples to remind them of.

I think its because hes sooooo dead set on his first half rotations and doesnt change rotations until the 2nd half. His rotations that hes dead set on arent good combos tho

it’s like a youth travel team where you have to play everybody so you play them in the first half so you still have a chance to win the game later. The difference is this a d1 program with players on scholarship.

We came back down 20. He did a great job with his subs today.

geo hate to say it because so love him but he hurt yay big time today. He was the reason why we had to burn our second time out. Got caught dribbling in the corner again. Knowing how this ended you might as well take the turnover
Anytime Duke plays the sub-patterns should be brought into question. He’s an utter liability

The announcer said the same when we were up. Make them tie it at the line. But no, we give up a wide open 3. And what the hell was that last possession. I picked the wrong week to stop stiffing glue.
Still couldve bent it instead of trying to cut it
Watch replay as soon as he tried to get to shooter he wad blocked like he blocking a lb. Would have been pass interference

Still couldve bent it instead of trying to cut it

Watched replay over a dozen times of the Steve Hutchinson/Will Shields pulling guard like pick which was a foul. That being said, Yebaoh should have ran a straight line to the shooter instead of taking a slant route over the pick to the shooter.

This hurts bad but not as bad as that bullsh*t shot loss to Iowa last year.

GO RU

Watched replay over a dozen times of the Steve Hutchinson/Will Shields pulling guard like pick which was a foul. That being said, Yebaoh should have ran a straight line to the shooter instead of taking a slant route over the pick to the shooter.

This hurts bad but not as bad as that bullsh*t shot loss to Iowa last year.

GO RU
This is way worse of a loss than Iowa last year.

then the smart thing for PSU would to foul early on the move to the basket, before the ball up is put up.....I really wish we were in the bonus....but with our luck, we would either miss the front end of a one and one.
PSU had either 2 or 3 fouls to give so we wouldn't have gone to line if fouled on the floor rather than shooting

Maybe we get Iowa, then Penn St again in BTT, score double digit wins.
We should also come out firing against Maryland. Think we build big lead, and hold on against one of their comebacks
Purdue is a Mystery, but still LOTS of opportunities!

You guys are so weird. If we were in their position and jacked up a three you would all be bitching that we didn't go for two.

I think its because hes sooooo dead set on his first half rotations and doesnt change rotations until the 2nd half. His rotations that hes dead set on arent good combos tho
It's beyond the rotations. He's dead set on his style of play. Everyone knew we had to run and push to catch up. As soon as we cut it to 5, Steve (and Joe Boylan) wanted to "go back to normal". I mean he took out Montez & Jacob and had McConnell, Paul, and even Doucoure check into the game. A 1 point deficit for us turned into an 8-0 run for them at that point. Those are our 3 slowest players at their positions. Helter skelter, extending the defense and ball hawking, running, and pushing, got us back, and even got us the lead. But it's how we should have won the game. That's where Jacob and Montez thrive. His substitutions have always driven me nuts. His stubbornness is giving me a stroke.

I'm tired of this "let's keep the opposing team to 50 to win" crap. Steve says that all the time. "We have to find a way to keep them at 50." Guess what Steve? They're all scoring 40 points in the first and 60-70 for the game. How about we run for 40 minutes like we're down 20 to start the game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT