ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers versus Indiana

Illinois gonna be very tough. Terrible scheduling and Illinois well rested and they play d.

This loss totally on Caleb and on Pike for letting him continue to shot the whole game.
Caleb can’t shoot a basketball, he can’t. Problem is he can repeatedly get himself open. And since no else is willing to pull the trigger, he goes ahead and shoots brick 🧱 after 🧱 after 🧱

Reactions: Giantfan82
Caleb can’t shoot a basketball, he can’t. Problem is he can repeatedly get himself open. And since no else is willing to pull the trigger, he goes ahead and shoots brick 🧱 after 🧱 after 🧱
Part of the problem is other players hesitating to pull the trigger and not trying to make plays

Even an average night from Caleb and Paul and we beat IU despite them playing their best
Even on an average night from Galloway and Hood-Schifino and Indiana beats Rutgers. Indiana had Kopp go off, Rutgers had some random ass cheeks go off for 9 in the first half. Water finds it's level. Rutgers sucks at offense. But they got a taste of their own medicine with physical okay and refs swallowing their whistles.

not worried about not making tournament. After Illinois game, we could even win last 6. Hopefully we can beat Illinois...

Even on an average night from Galloway and Hood-Schifino and Indiana beats Rutgers. Indiana had Kopp go off, Rutgers had some random ass cheeks go off for 9 in the first half. Water finds it's level. Rutgers sucks at offense. But they got a taste of their own medicine with physical okay and refs swallowing their whistles.
Go away dickhead

def. BS foul difference... it would take 5 fouls before getting called for us. it would take a chippy for them call foul on us...

LOL Galloway is a horrible player.

Who is this jerkoff? Been waiting years to hit this board, huh?

Caleb's form is really bad. I didn't realize just how bad until I was front row watching warm-ups with him a couple feet in front of me while I was directly behind him at a recent game

It is very awkward overall. He places his hand to the right of the ball too high up on the ball and then uses his left hand to push the ball over to get his right hand behind the ball more as he is going up to shoot. Very hard to replicate and time it right. Very hard to get your hand behind and under the ball. It leads to a lot of flat push type shots

Hard to describe really but it's no bueno

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Agree with most everyone at the end of the thread here - McConnell shooting 1 for 100 and Mulcahy shooting nothing but the missed front ends are what pretty much did us in the end.

Didn't read the beginning of the thread but did anyone notice the play or two in the first half where the ref basically broke up the play, especially the first with Paul with the basket and foul? Maybe just bias and watching it on tv, but that was bizarre...

Nothing to be ashamed of. They had a chance but couldn't get it done. Hostile environment and down a starter. Clearly didn't embarrass themselves.
100%!

we had our chances to pull this out... thats why its little upsetting on some plays...
it would have been big win even with Mag playing...

Tough situation to lose your glue guy on Saturday and have to travel two days later. Still had a chance but way too many lapses. Caleb needs to limit his shots and Hyatt needs to shoot more.

Simpson can beat almost anyone off the dribble, if he can knife his way into the lane he can score some easy baskets

Caleb's form is really bad. I didn't realize just how bad until I was front row watching warm-ups with him a couple feet in front of me while I was directly behind him at a recent game

It is very awkward overall. He places his hand to the right of the ball too high up on the ball and then uses his left hand to push the ball over to get his right hand behind the ball more as he is going up to shoot. Very hard to replicate and time it right. Very hard to get your hand behind and under the ball. It leads to a lot of flat push type shots

Hard to describe really but it's no bueno
he learned from Juwan Howard

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
Rutgers played horrible. All of our stars were bad... and we still had a chance to win

Water finds its level... I guess you're expecting 8 out of the next 9

Imagine being an Indiana fan trash talking after this win 🤣🤣

We are never winning when we shoot 25 3's and Paul and Caleb shoot 1 for 17. This should have been a win if they even make half of there shots. Just an ugly night for both.
Paul and Caleb did win the MSU game for the team. Can't win them all.

I think they pressed too hard.

This game wasn't loss because of defense.Indiana went over seven minutes without a field goal.The offense once again was exposed because of the lack of go to scorers.There are only eight games remaining and Mulcahy and McConnell must make shots.

I’m also still amazed they called a flop on Hyatt but not on Galloway. Hyatts wasn’t even bad, Galloway put on a show with his act.
Loved to say I was amazed but refs will always protect home court. TJD near the end of the game drove ( ok stumbled) to the basket hitting two RU players……………..no foul. Horse Sh*t

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT