ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers versus Indiana

Rutgers played horrible. All of our stars were bad... and we still had a chance to win

Water finds its level... I guess you're expecting 8 out of the next 9

Imagine being an Indiana fan trash talking after this win 🤣🤣
Uh yes. Indiana played badly and still won a very physical game. That's went incredibly against us in the past.

FYI: although McConnell was awful on offense, he still belongs on the court every minute. He is amazing on defense, as he was tonight also
I have no problem with him staying on the court…..,I have a huge problem with him trying to make up for the loss of Mag by taking shots over and over and over again when he was not close. An assist is just as important as a made shot. I pray Pike reminds him of that.

Even on an average night from Galloway and Hood-Schifino and Indiana beats Rutgers. Indiana had Kopp go off, Rutgers had some random ass cheeks go off for 9 in the first half. Water finds it's level. Rutgers sucks at offense. But they got a taste of their own medicine with physical okay and refs swallowing their whistles.
You’ve been waiting 5 years bud, I’ll let you have it

I have no problem with him staying on the court…..,I have a huge problem with him trying to make up for the loss of Mag by taking shots over and over and over again when he was not close. An assist is just as important as a made shot. I pray Pike reminds him of that.
It's more on Paul our Point Guard. He needs to take charge of the offense. Stop being so passive.
He is the only guy who can break down his guy, and create shot for himself or pass out for open shots.
DUDE DOESNT DO IT.... why?

Reactions: RU MAN and Scangg
And the refs allowing a literal royal rumble on the court
Maybe it was just the angle on tv and idk if this was talked about earlier in the thread, but in the first half it looked like the ref broke up that play with Paul? That IU then got the turnover, scored and got the foul? Disgusting.

Reactions: Rokodesh
It's more on Paul our Point Guard. He needs to take charge of the offense. Stop being so passive.
He is the only guy who can break down his guy, and create shot for himself or pass out for open shots.
They doubled down whenever he posted up. He made a couple of nice passes from the post that turned into nothing.

Maybe it was just the angle on tv and idk if this was talked about earlier in the thread, but in the first half it looked like the ref broke up that play with Paul? That IU then got the turnover, scored and got the foul? Disgusting.

Watched it on replay, and it was just bad luck. Indiana player tapped the ball loose, and it would have gone out of bounds if the ref hadn't been there. It hit into the ref's leg and foot, and rolled back onto the court instead of going out of bounds off of Indiana.

I don't think the refs did a bad job tonight in terms of being inconsistent. They let a TON of contact go, and it was about a hair short of a street fight, but it didn't seem like they were favoring one side or the other or calling the game inconsistently. There were muggings on almost every possession, and Indiana did a better job playing through the hard contact than we did.

From an IU fan, y'all figure some resemblance of an offense, y'all are dangerous in March. I remember Pikiell at Stony Brook. I think that Palmquist kid needs to play more and have more shooting plays drawn up. He definitely has the prettiest shot of anyone that played for Rutgers. Lefties are always smooth to watch shoot. Spencer needs more 3pt plays drawn up as well.. Doesn't look like there is much of a structured offense. I like Omoruyi. Hell of a player.... Doesn't ever need to take another 3. That form is UGLY. Rutgers has done big talent coming in a couple years. Just gotta get that offense figured out.

Reactions: RU MAN
From an IU fan, y'all figure some resemblance of an offense, y'all are dangerous in March. I remember Pikiell at Stony Brook. I think that Palmquist kid needs to play more and have more shooting plays drawn up. He definitely has the prettiest shot of anyone that played for Rutgers. Lefties are always smooth to watch shoot. Spencer needs more 3pt plays drawn up as well.. Doesn't look like there is much of a structured offense. I like Omoruyi. Hell of a player.... Doesn't ever need to take another 3. That form is UGLY. Rutgers has done big talent coming in a couple years. Just gotta get that offense figured out.
Cliff has really been improving at the line. I actually think he will eventually be a thread from three. But boy is he not there yet

Reactions: IMSKRONG and Scangg
FYI: although McConnell was awful on offense, he still belongs on the court every minute. He is amazing on defense, as he was tonight also
His offense hurts an already challenged team in scoring. He's regressed on offense.

Gee, maybe ask the coach who calls the offense? Same reason why there isn't screens for Cam?

Nothing to be ashamed of. They had a chance but couldn't get it done. Hostile environment and down a starter. Clearly didn't embarrass themselves.
Disagree. Caleb embarrassed himself with not realizing his shooting was off and to stop taking low percentage shots. And Pike is embarrassed for letting him do it right up to the end.

Caleb missed ELEVEN shots and took many of them in crunch time. Trust me Paul does not get a pass. That said horrible mindset by Caleb in the biggest game of the season.

All you people trashing this team crack me up. We just held our own against another team of 4 and 5 star players. Easy to sit your fat asses on the couch and criticize these kids. Some of you are pathetic.
it's called message board. you are pathetic for calling people pathetic. be nice to your co-fans.
it's okay to share your opinions, good and bad. thats why they have message boards so you can share those opinions~~~

• Haha
Reactions: FastMJ and IMSKRONG
it's called message board. you are pathetic for calling people pathetic. be nice to your co-fans.
it's okay to share your opinions, good and bad. thats why they have message boards so you can share those opinions~~~
So I'm pathetic for calling out grown men posting vile shit about a bunch of kids playing their asses off? Because they missed a shot or lost a game? Yes it's a message board where we all have an opinion. Criticism is fine, but if you read what some post on here maybe you'd get it. Or maybe you're one of them. I could give 2 shits if you want to attack me personally like you did. But it's just the same to call out those for their actions as well. Did you enjoy your 2 likes for your post? And if you're ok with some of the stuff thrown at these kids, I sure hope you're not a parent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT