ADVERTISEMENT

Geo Baker Tweet

Except they already are paid. It's called the Cost of Attendance stipend that athletic scholarship holders get that no one else on scholarship does plus all the perks athletic scholarship holders get that other scholarship holders don't.

It's why the comparison of athletic to academic scholarships as apples to apples is flawed and makes the person making the comparison either sound uninformed or a straight up liar.
Think of that as the minimum wage for college sports. Most players are really only worth that (or even not that as far as a true market value). But alot of players are worth more. So let them control their images and see what they can get on the open market.

Think of that as the minimum wage for college sports. Most players are really only worth that (or even not that as far as a true market value). But alot of players are worth more. So let them control their images and see what they can get on the open market.

Been missing you around here

Figure out a way to keep factories from using it to further stack the deck and it'll be the non issue everyone currently likes to pretend it is. Until then...

Be balanced about his performance. Geo hit his first three and the clinching layup after Ron kept that ball alive, but he did not have a great shooting night from long range (2-8). I think it is clear he was focused on winning tonight. Clemson is a good defensive team.

Way to hustle, Geo! Good luck vs. Houston!

Holy crap, look who is back. Where you been buddy. Welcome home.

Best team in years and you don’t like them ??? Get outta here
This is what you respond to after a tournament win. Lol loser. Really creeps me out that I'm the first thing on your mind after the win.

Winners get to talk and geo stepped up. Now go away.

This thread needs to be pinned .
Let’s see who shows up

I will. He played poorly tonight. As did Harper. Geo hit a 3 to start the game, then played poorly for 39 minutes, then made a layup at the end of the game. I'm glad we won, but he did not play well.

I couldn't care less if they win tomorrow. We have an incredibly unlikable team and part of me looks forward to booing geo each and every time he sets foot back in the rac if he loses this game for us. The only one I'm rooting for is Jacob young, a true man of business who keeps his stuff in check and plays hard every night

I hope he's prepared for his legacy to be one of the most despised RU players in our history. Hopefully he is aware that's what awaits him if we do not win after this shitstorm he cooked up.

IMO, Geo has soured this entire ncaa experience. I have liked teams that haven't gone to the ncaa much more than this one.
See ya, bud! Find a new team!

Why would I root for a new team bud. My issues were never with the team. Again, of all the things to talk about after an ncaa win I'm not sure why you want to circle back to this. Enjoy I guess?
Maybe because a lot of us despise you as much as you claim that “we” despise Geo. Except we adore him and are ashamed of you. How about that?

Reactions: fluoxetine
Why would I root for a new team bud. My issues were never with the team. Again, of all the things to talk about after an ncaa win I'm not sure why you want to circle back to this. Enjoy I guess?

Get out of here. You were on this board yesterday saying how unlikable this team is and you didn’t even care if we won . Here is your post before our biggest game in 30 years:

“I couldn't care less if they win tomorrow. We have an incredibly unlikable team and part of me looks forward to booing geo each and every time he sets foot back in the rac if he loses this game for us. The only one I'm rooting for is Jacob young, a true man of business who keeps his stuff in check and plays hard every night

I hope he's prepared for his legacy to be one of the most despised RU players in our history.” - The great AshCatchEm

Maybe because a lot of us despise you as much as you claim that “we” despise Geo. Except we adore him and are ashamed of you. How about that?
I thought you had me on ignore. Ashamed! Oh no what will I do.

Get out of here. You were on this board yesterday saying how unlikable this team is and you didn’t even care if we won . Here is your post before our biggest game in 30 years:

“I couldn't care less if they win tomorrow. We have an incredibly unlikable team and part of me looks forward to booing geo each and every time he sets foot back in the rac if he loses this game for us. The only one I'm rooting for is Jacob young, a true man of business who keeps his stuff in check and plays hard every night

I hope he's prepared for his legacy to be one of the most despised RU players in our history.” - The great AshCatchEm
No remorse. Still don't agree with the timing of the other issues. Never will. Tough.

Didnt you say you didnt care if the team won because they were unlikeable? The win feels great for us real fans. Enjoy being miserable.
I feel great too. You think this affected my enjoyment whatsoever? Hoping next game geo can keep it up the whole game besides just the beginning and the end. Plenty of times through the middle chunk of the game he was basically a nonfactor. Happy he stepped up. He needed to. Winners get to talk.

Wow, what a stupid statement by Ash, Mr. Pokemon

Reactions: AshCatchEm
I feel great too. You think this affected my enjoyment whatsoever? Hoping next game geo can keep it up the whole game besides just the beginning and the end. Plenty of times through the middle chunk of the game he was basically a nonfactor. Happy he stepped up. He needed to. Winners get to talk.

So basically you are not a man of your word and have no integrity. Got it.

Mods need to lock this thread. Kids played hard and had no bearing at all on the game. Whether or not you agree with the long term benefits of this cause, it’s not becoming a thing that puts RU in an embarrassing light nationally. Not everyone may agree with the politics but there are major political leaders supporting his views (this isn’t like he cursed out a ref on Twitter or something). Let’s all hope part of his motivation is that he wants to come back to RU for one more round but doesn’t want to give up the money. On to Houston!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT