ADVERTISEMENT

Got this from the Minnesota Board

So favored 5-7 over Minn. even home vs NW. we lost two, we will be much lower seed in B1G tourney, playing bad team, I’ll make that even odds. Lose all three, less than 10% betting odds. Now a 30% chance from there. Yes we’re above 95%

Maybe I’m off a bit on this spreads but, chances are extremely low.
That isn’t the debate. The debate is whether we’d make it if we lost all 3.

I think there is a 5-10% chance we lose out, but that isn’t the debate

Reactions: bac2therac
That isn’t the debate. The debate is whether we’d make it if we lost all 3.

I think there is a 5-10% chance we lose out, but that isn’t the debate
You don’t even know what is being argued. If we lose all three, and we still believe RU has a 70% chance from there, then, yes we are prolly more than 95% of making tourney right now.

Murray is not a national First team All American this year. He is not Keegan and he has had a # of so so games and has been in a prolonged shooting slump ( except when he plays RU). First team All Americans are Zach Edey , Trace Jackson Davis , Sasser from Houston , Miller from Alabama and Tebelis from Arizona. Almost positive he will not be 2nd team either with Jaquez at UCLA , Wilson from Kansas , Drew Timme from Gonzaga ; Pickett from Penn State plus one of the Texas or Baylor guards. Maybe third team. But I do not see him as talented and as versatile as Keegan . He clearly is very good and has killed us . But not so sure from looking at the box score as to his absence being the reason they lost to Eastern Illinois that day.
He averages over 20 ppg and 8 rpg. That’s a big deal. Obviously, Iowa was able to beat their crosstown rivals without him but when you take Connor out of the equation too the team becomes a shell of what it otherwise is. Whether he ends up in the mix for national awards or not. They should still beat EI, yes, but I don’t think there’s any way they lose if Murray plays that game.

I think Rutgers should get consideration for missing Caleb and Paul vs Temple for the same reason, but it probably won’t stand out as much for the committee to take notice. 1) temple isn’t close to as bad and 2) the guys we were missing are glue guys and don’t have eye popping stats like Murray.

You don’t even know what is being argued. If we lose all three, and we still believe RU has a 70% chance from there, then, yes we are prolly more than 95% of making tourney right now.
A lock means you still get in the worst possible scenerio - meaning you lose out. obviously - the discussion becomes about whether we’d get in in that hypothetical 18-14 scenerio. We could get in but very few teams are ever solidly locked in with 14 losses.

Because some want to be macho and make declarations

Im here to do bracketology objectively not to do PR for Rutgers

People who say a 18-14 Ru with 4 Q3 losses and a net of 50 are absolutely not at risk they dont know a thing about all this

And i think RU has at least a 70% chance of getting in at 18-14
Lol you were at barely over 50% yesterday

when you put it in the hands of the committee all bets are off so you really want to do the things that do not put you around the last 6 or so schools in the field
exactly.. you just know that there will be people in the room (all of whom have vested interests) who will say that this is not the Rutgers team that built the solid resume. They will use "eye test" and "not among the 30-x best right now". Even if they think the total resume earns a spot.. they have an argument against... which they will use, given the chance.. to help get one of their own in. They are human. Heck.. I could even see the big Ten rep arguing in favor of a different Big Ten team over Rutgers (as an aside because they cannot discuss Big Ten teams when they specifically come up for consideration).

With 2 losses we are more likely than not out.

I think we will win tomorrow, but calling us a lock was silly and wrong.
We were never even a near lock. With a loss tomorrow the following game is must win. We will not be in with 2 more straight losses. I think the odds would be very low.

Agree...even if in a better spot tomorrow with a win we are not a lock..we are likely but not a lock

Yet when we win expect dozens of posters to declare lock

Agree...even if in a better spot tomorrow with a win we are not a lock..we are likely but not a lock

“Likely” seems optimistic even, to be honest. What would you put our odds at getting in with a first round loss to Michigan in an 8/9 game at 19-13? Possible sure, but better than 50%?

Let’s put it this way. In 2019-20 we were in much better position going into the game with Michigan. With a loss, we’d have been no better than a 10 seed.

But we will
Win tomorrow
This is all hypothetical
The way I see it - tomorrow is must win at this point or we basically need an autobid. We don’t have the SOS to get in with 14 losses, a 10-10 conference record and as many bad losses as we have.

The committee doesn’t care about the last 2 days of the conference tournies. See A&M’s ommission. Indiana only making play in.

The way I see it - tomorrow is must win at this point or we basically need an autobid. We don’t have the SOS to get in with 14 losses, a 10-10 conference record and as many bad losses as we have.

The committee doesn’t care about the last 2 days of the conference tournies. See A&M’s ommission. Indiana only making play in.
19-14 Dayton I’d think/hope

Showing Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT