ADVERTISEMENT

How Long Since a Loss Like This?

NiTeKnight

Junior
Nov 28, 2003
Twenty-seven years since Rutgers came back from a 19-point deficit to win.
I wonder how many years it has been since RU lost a game that they were winning by 10 with 1:15 remaining.
Do they keep such a stat? Does anyone know how long it has been ?

I cannot remember the particulars on this, but we once played Syracuse at home and were leading by over 15 of so at the half

Syracuse came out with a full court press starting the second half and we gave the entire lead back in just a few minutes

This was not an end game thing, but a similar meltdown in a short period

I have been a fan since 1978 and quite honestly I can't think of a worse loss. Since I couldn't sleep last night I spent a lot of time trying to remember a bigger choke job. I can think of one. This game will live forever.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
I have been a fan since 1978 and quite honestly I can't think of a worse loss. Since I couldn't sleep last night I spent a lot of time trying to remember a bigger choke job. I can think of one. This game will live forever.
Honestly, with 60 seconds left and a 10 pt lead I was feeling good. That good feeling went away with 9.6 seconds left and Minnesota needing 2pts to tie and an FG to win. Not going to lie, I lost it! What a horrendous way to lose and to the worst team in the league and with a tourney spot in the balance. This could not have come at a worse time.

I mean the Notre Dame loss last year was worse than this. Houston was worse than this. Obviously the blown lead was less drastic but we had both of those games in the bag.

Those were in the tourney. I was ok with it.

This feels like the worst loss to me. Easily the worst loss I’ve experienced in the 30 years of being a Rutgers fan.

That Houston missed alley oop to go up 10 with clock running under 4 mins turned into a 3 for Grimes(Knicks) 5 point lead and Time out RU

Cost sweet 16 , National media attention and probably a higher skilled transfer or a better recruit(s) coming to RU

That Houston missed alley oop to go up 10 with clock running under 4 mins turned into a 3 for Grimes(Knicks) 5 point lead and Time out RU

Cost sweet 16 , National media attention and probably a higher skilled transfer or a better recruit(s) coming to RU

Agree that loss to UH was the worst because of the magnitude of the game, what it would’ve meant if we won, and how shockingly things crumbled down the stretch.

Reactions: AZBlues
Hello darkness my old friend. I’ve come to talk with you again.

Houston ncaa loss / VTech loss about 20 years ago were brutal.

The knot in my stomach remains this morning. Sometimes I’d prefer not to be so emotionally vested with this team.

I cannot remember the particulars on this, but we once played Syracuse at home and were leading by over 15 of so at the half

Syracuse came out with a full court press starting the second half and we gave the entire lead back in just a few minutes

This was not an end game thing, but a similar meltdown in a short period
I recall that game. Douby was wide open at the end but his shot was just off. Sheet happens. You guys are still in.

There was a Pittsburgh game in the old Big East we lost in a similar fashion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT