ADVERTISEMENT

I believe Rutgers Basketball will evolve to a more up tempo offense with our new recruits and maintain our elite trapping defense.

RCBeta79

Junior
Jun 7, 2013
I believe that Rutgers Basketball will evolve to a more up tempo offense with our new recruits and maintain our elite trapping defense.

The Big Ten is stuck in a time warp with many programs focused on a Slow down, Big Man down low offense.

Big Ten teams suffered again in the NCAA Tournament.

Open for Comments. No wrong opinions.

Go Rutgers!

Offense will improve more than defense declines- D won’t be elite but will be good . Overall team will be much better

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I've been saying the same. Simpson Davis Warren all faster quicker guards who can push the pace. The offense will look different in the post Paul era
Absolutely! And quicker wings/forwards (ie Baye Ndongo, Ace). Over the past few years, Pike and staff have definitely been recruiting much higher level offensive skill players with elite quickness, better shooting/playmaking. That recruiting focus has resulted in these commits over the last few years.

Watch how our offensive sets and scoring improve with more elite offensive players!

Offense will improve more than defense declines- D won’t be elite but will be good . Overall team will be much better

I don't see any reason why the defense has to decline. Defense can be taught and that anticipation built over time. I'm not saying it won't decline somewhat, but there are teams that are elite defensively year after year.

It’s very hard to be great at both offense and defense. Not impossible but very hard. There is limited practice time and the staff clearly chose to direct efforts to defense first. Now if they have a team where that comes easy, there will be more time to spend on offense. My guess, is that Pike will choose an offense to suit this new group of players. Not sure what that means but I would expect the staff to push the pace and use their athleticism more.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I don't see any reason why the defense has to decline. Defense can be taught and that anticipation built over time. I'm not saying it won't decline somewhat, but there are teams that are elite defensively year after year.
Losing the defensive player of the year can do that to a lineup.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT