ADVERTISEMENT

I take it back

MADHAT1

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2003
By the 3rd quarter I gave up hope and became a debbie downer
Ending my positive pete attitude and stopped watching the game to come here and complain about the HC,QB and everything I could think of.
Joining the haters that were rejoicing in the certain defeat with their I told you so posts and putting down Schiano, Wimsatt and the way game was going.
Only thing I missed was seeing a great comeback making my debbie downer posts look foolish whle RU was making a run for victory
Serves me right for giving up so easily and joining those I've been saying they are wrong.
Well Schiano and the team proved them wrong and made me look foolish (I'm glad to say)
Now I'm feeling

nothing wrong with that OP...we do it because we get frustrated and are fans. Everyone deals with it in their own way. Even the most positive can be drawn down.
Thank you bac.
When Burns was the HC I thought he could make RU a winner when it moved into the big time.
But wound up understanding the lack of support he received and his successors as well
made expectations of greatness a foolish idea.
Anderson I thought might do well, but he was a position coach jumping to HC in a program being run on the cheap.
So I just hoped for winning seasons and expected losing ones until Greg came and made me believe RU could be a top program
But in 2004 after New Hampshire loss had my doubts, by the end of season felt RU qas on right path

Schiano gave me and many others expectations of greatness, he never delivered that but gave RU fans a winning program that was respected by the college football world.
The problem Greg1 had was that he only built a good program not a great one and that pissed off the fans that expected a top program when before reg arrived they just hoped to win some games and not get blown out the losing ones.
I felt , by the time he left , Greg couldn't bring RU up to the next tier 1 level but had built a program that would be a tier two constant bowl game player.
When he left I wasn't heartbroken thinking RU would hire a quality replacement and not go on the cheap for one. That was a mistake to think so !
I supported Flood , but didn't think he was a top choice just an on the cheap hire and he proved that even if his lifetime record shows more wins than losses

Ash was someone I thought might be good, but the changes to tradition he made right off the bat gave me little hope he could succeed at Rutgers because he didn't try to build on what the program had, just made what could have been helpful if handled right become meaningless while bringing in his motivating tools that were worthless .
So until the G2 era started I really didn't expect the football program to be good, only hoped it could be

I felt G1 made RU a winner from the depths of despair and GE could do the same.
But like in 2004 after the NH loss started doubting my trust Schiano today and seeing my hopes of a bowl game fading by the way the MSU game was looking get depressed thinking of all my thoughts the winning ways were coming back only to see RU playing MSU like the RU teams I didn't expect much from back in the bad old days and that frustration shown in the way I was posting before the game turned around.

Years and years of hoping for a top program and thinking one is being built made me
get totally depressed the way RU looked until the 4th quarter and that showed in the way I changed from a positive pete poster into a debbie downer .
But I'm seeing the light again and feeling RU can be a constant winner under Schiano but not so sure if he can make it a top program.
Right now just glad to think G2 is building a program that will be in bowl games every year

Last edited:
Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Hard to think anyone wasn't depressed with what the hell was happening. Down that many points so late doesn't lend itself to too much optimism.
Ironic that the announcers were talking about RU coming back and Millen saying the team wasn't built to do it. Virtually seconds later the punter missed the snap and the miracle begun!

Reactions: MADHAT1
Even those that hung in there till the end,
Probably had the "FFS" thought when we went down 24-6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT