ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Week!!

Who’s wrestling, and at what weight?

Lewis vs Kemerer the obvious feature match IF Lewis makes weight at 157.
A big IF.

Lots of toss ups.

I'll take a crack at it..

Suraino TF Stickley..would be nice for a pin but need TF 5-0 RU
Delvechio dec Laux..would be nice for major..8-0 RU
Van Brill vs Turk..toss up..
Sorenson dec DeLuca 8-3 RU
Kem dec Lewis 8-6 RU
Gunther dec Van Brill 9-8 IA
Pagano vs Young Toss Up
Gravina dec Wilck 11-9 RU
Mulligan vs Bowman..Toss Up
Stoll dec or pin Gross..12-11 Ia or 15-11 Ia

Toss Ups are Huge in this match.RU needs to take 2 of them and hope Stoll doesn't pin Gross. If Lewis can beat Kem then IA would need the toss ups..

Should be interesting.

Having Lewis bear Kem is ambitious. Lewis has only wrestle 1 folk style dual in 12 months, although he was terrific wrestling Free style at the Worlds. IMO Kem is the favorite maybe the home arena loud fan noise helps a bit.

Gravina - Wilk will also be close.

Things still very quiet w Ashnault.

Kem dec Lewis 8-6 RU
Pagano vs Young Toss Up

Toss Ups are Huge in this match.RU needs to take 2 of them and hope Stoll doesn't pin Gross. If Lewis can beat Kem then IA would need the toss ups..

Should be interesting.

I made a mistake..I messed up..Young is at 165 vs Van Brill (toss up), and Gunther will be at 174 against Pagano..I still see same type scenario playing out.

If Maranelli goes at 165 it's no longer toss up..I'll take Maranelli by dec and then it makes it tougher for RU

Any words on Ash??? He teched Turk last time they wrestled.... we might need Ash in AND Lewis to take down Kem to win this dual...

Pretty sure Wilke is 197 and Bowman 184. Gravina beats Bowman and Wilke beats Mulligan.

You are correct sir..another error on my part. As you say Wilke is the favorite but that can be flipped..Wilke a one score type wrestler as is Mulligan..question is who gets it?

Also key is Deluca not giving up bonus..he probably won't but Sorenson has all the tools but he just hardly ever let's it fly

So let's see..

Big Favorites..Suriano, Gravina, Sorenson, Stoll..
Regular favorites..Delvechio, Kem, Wilke
The rest is really tossup type matches..can't wait for this one

So let's see..

Big Favorites..Suriano, Gravina, Sorenson, Stoll..
Regular favorites..Delvechio, Kem, Wilke
The rest is really tossup type matches..can't wait for this one
Least Favorites:
1. Tom Brands
2. Terry Brands
3. Any other relatives or hangers on.
$$$$

125-Suriano tech Stickley-could really use a fall here RU-5-0
133-Del dec Laux-think Del wins this easy and might be able to get a major RU-8-0
141-MVB dec Turk-this is a toss up, Van Brill with crowd behind him wins RU-11-0
149-Sorenson major Deluca-Sorenson just too good here, RU-11-4
157-Kemerer pin Donner/Santos RU-11-10
165-Lewis dec Young-Imar teched Young, so RL needs bonus RU -14-10
174-Gunther dec Grello-RU needs this to win dual RU-14-13
184-Gravina dec Bowman-Bowman is tuff, think Nick grinds out very close win RU-17-13
197-Wilke dec Mulligan-just like 174 this should be very close RU-17-16
Hwt-Stoll dec Gross-Gross is solid but Stoll is too much for him Iowa-19-17

As stated above 141, 174 and 197 are very close...If RU can get two of three, the RAC might explode!!!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
133-Del dec Laux-think Del wins this easy and might be able to get a major RU-8-0
141-MVB dec Turk-this is a toss up, Van Brill with crowd behind him wins RU-11-0
184-Gravina dec Bowman-Bowman is tuff, think Nick grinds out very close win RU-17-13

As stated above 141, 174 and 197 are very close...If RU can get two of three, the RAC might explode!!!

Has it been confirmed Lewis moving up?

Great analysis and prediction of the line-up. Heard rumblings in preseason (which were discounted on this board) that Lewis will go 165.

Agree that 141, 174 and 197 are toss-ups and the keys to the match. My gut says 141 goes our way. Slight edge for Hawkeyes at 174 and 197. Think we will need all three toss-ups. Stoll is a bigger and better version of Haines and will likely win by fall at Hwt. Kemerer should win by fall and Sorenson by major or tech.

Brands will have the Hawkeyes ready to go. Would not be surprised to see Lee weigh-in but not wrestle.

Kem dec Lewis 8-6 RU
Pagano vs Young Toss Up

Should be interesting.

Sadly

My two cents (no refunds): Depending on where the match starts, we may see Iowa unveil Spencer Lee. Nick has lost to Spencer before. I would imagine that it'll depend on the score at the time. If we start at 125, it won't be Lee.

133: Del. will win by decision. I am worried about him though. He has that look in his eyes that every high schooler cutting too much weight has. I am wondering how he held 133 for 4 years.

141: We'll lose, and badly.

149: Sorenson will probably major, possibly tech ED

157: Kemmerer v Lewis will be 9-3 Iowa. If its MK vs other, we lose by pin.

165: Again, depends who brands throws out there. He could throw Lewis out against Marinelli in which case its a pretty close bout.

I am out of mental energy so I'll cut to heavyweight. Stoll will pin Gross. Stoll ended his HS career with something like 65 straight pins. He isn't your "win a state title 3-2 every year" HWT.

I hope we get a loud crowd this Friday!

Sadly

My two cents (no refunds): Depending on where the match starts, we may see Iowa unveil Spencer Lee. Nick has lost to Spencer before. I would imagine that it'll depend on the score at the time. If we start at 125, it won't be Lee.

133: Del. will win by decision. I am worried about him though. He has that look in his eyes that every high schooler cutting too much weight has. I am wondering how he held 133 for 4 years.

141: We'll lose, and badly.

149: Sorenson will probably major, possibly tech ED

157: Kemmerer v Lewis will be 9-3 Iowa. If its MK vs other, we lose by pin.

165: Again, depends who brands throws out there. He could throw Lewis out against Marinelli in which case its a pretty close bout.

I am out of mental energy so I'll cut to heavyweight. Stoll will pin Gross. Stoll ended his HS career with something like 65 straight pins. He isn't your "win a state title 3-2 every year" HWT.

I hope we get a loud crowd this Friday!
why do we lose 141 badly? MVB beat Dip and Jack in June.

why do we lose 141 badly? MVB beat Dip and Jack in June.

I think Van Brill beats Turk also(I do think it will be close). But it has nothing to do with Van Brill beating Dippery and Jack in a Freestyle tournament, does not mean anything when it comes to folkstyle. Both Dippery and Jack are much better on top than Shoop.

125 - Suriano tech Stickley 5 - 0
133 - Del major Laux 9 - 0
141 - MVB dec Turk 12 - 0 (Toss Up)
149 - Sorenson major Deluca 12 - 4
157 - Kemerer pins Donner 12 - 10
165 - Lewis dec Marinell 15 - 10
174 - Gunther dec Grello 15 - 13 (Toss Up)
184 - Gravina major Bowman 19 - 13
197 - Wilke dec Mulligan 19 - 16
HWT - Stoll pins Gross 19 - 22 Iowa Over Rutgers

**Could we see another bump in the line up?
184 - Pagano dec Bowman 18 - 13
197 - Gravina dec Wilke 21 - 13
HWT - Stoll pins Gross 21 - 19 Rutgers Over Iowa

Reactions: dollarbill

I could see that bump 61Raystreet, Bowman is tuff but good thought, that may be the best option. That is why the coaches make the big bucks!!

To people that actually know: is it common knowledge that Lewis will not wrestle 157 this week or just speculation based on not making 157 for 2 recent matches.

That would be a total slap in the face to JVB....to go up and down week to week pandering to what Richie wants is just wrong

Reactions: 61RayStreet
If it is true that Lewis is deciding what weight to wrestle and when to wrestle, we don't need him on the team. He had a great world championship. If he can't be a team player, who wants him.. Who knows if the speculation is true? If it is, the coaches should to step up and set an example. The team is more important that a selfish world champ. He would not be where he is if it weren't for the coaches and his teammates. I hope the speculation is wrong. WNG ?

If it is true that Lewis is deciding what weight to wrestle and when to wrestle, we don't need him on the team. He had a great world championship. If he can't be a team player, who wants him.. Who knows if the speculation is true? If it is, the coaches should to step up and set an example. The team is more important that a selfish world champ. He would not be where he is if it weren't for the coaches and his teammates. I hope the speculation is wrong. WNG ?
Well why show up at the loch haven match then not wrestle ...makes no sense unless he either missed weight or decided to not go since he wasn't getting his way ...the distraction can't be good for morale that's for sure

Why no JVB?

I don’t have an issue with him going 165 but pick a weight and that’s it. Not fair to JVB. Not sure what it would take for JVB to go 157 but feel He would do better there as he’s not the biggest guy.

Everyone slow down. The first posts by Harleyr1 are today and he/she may be a troll. We have no idea what the situation is with Richie Lewis. So, to speculate on his intentions or attitude towards his teammates is reckless at best or possibly the attempt of a troll trying to spread discord. We know that Richie missed weight at Journeyman. We know he didn’t wrestle at Lock Haven after returning from Poland (the only one who wrestled in Poland and then returned to wrestle in the next dual was Isaiah Martinez). We have been told and can infer 157 is a tough cut for him. We have also been told that JVB is certified for 157. Beyond that we don’t know what the plan is moving forward or what options are being discussed and by whom. Richie may have grown out of 157. JVB may want to go 157. Who knows. We will find out soon enough. Regardless, please don’t disparage the wrestlers or coaching staff without a shred of credible information to support your positions.

Everyone slow down. The first posts by Harleyr1 are today and he/she may be a troll. We have no idea what the situation is with Richie Lewis. So, to speculate on his intentions or attitude towards his teammates is reckless at best or possibly the attempt of a troll trying to spread discord. We know that Richie missed weight at Journeyman. We know he didn’t wrestle at Lock Haven after returning from Poland (the only one who wrestled in Poland and then returned to wrestle in the next dual was Isaiah Martinez). We have been told and can infer 157 is a tough cut for him. We have also been told that JVB is certified for 157. Beyond that we don’t know what the plan is moving forward or what options are being discussed and by whom. Richie may have grown out of 157. JVB may want to go 157. Who knows. We will find out soon enough. Regardless, please don’t disparage the wrestlers or coaching staff without a shred of credible information to support your positions.
Lol..I am not a troll ..I have an opinion of why RL can make weight at 154 then not make 157 when it comes to doin it for the team ...look around ..on more then one forum it's been mentioned ..not just mine ..JVB can't just go to 157 this week even if he wanted to ...don't you have to go down gradually ...I agree with scottru...pick a weight and stick to it ..ya don't wanna face Kemmerer this week so don't make weight ...then when we wrestle Illinois he will want to go 157....I applaud RL for his world championship but now he is a Scarlett Knight ...do what's right for the team ..it's not right for JVB and certainly not good for the team to allow him to dictate when and where he wrestles ....if you wanna see I'm not a troll I will be there Friday night ....won't miss the first chance RU has at ever beating iowa

It is dubious to me that you are an RU fan but can’t spell Scarlet. That sounds like a petty diss but it is actually an honest question as to what your RU affiliation is. It was probably just a typo. I go back to my point. You nor I have any clue as to what the situation is with Richie relative to his teammates, his weight control or where he and the coaches want him to wrestle. So, please don’t just assume Richie is being selfish or a bad teammate. The interesting question is what actual weight JVB weighed in at Lock Haven. In order to be able to wrestle 157 against Iowa, what weigh would he have had to weigh in at Lock Haven? Anyone know?

It is dubious to me that you are an RU fan but can’t spell Scarlet. That sounds like a petty diss but it is actually an honest question as to what your RU affiliation is. It was probably just a typo. I go back to my point. You nor I have any clue as to what the situation is with Richie relative to his teammates, his weight control or where he and the coaches want him to wrestle. So, please don’t just assume Richie is being selfish or a bad teammate. The interesting question is what actual weight JVB weighed in at Lock Haven. In order to be able to wrestle 157 against Iowa, what weigh would he have had to weigh in at Lock Haven? Anyone know?

The guy has 5 posts, all wild speculation about Richie Lewis. Clearly not an RU fan. Why make an account today just to spread made up stories.

Its pretty simple. In 2 days, he will either wrestle at 157 or 165, and then we will all have our answer.

The guy has 5 posts, all wild speculation about Richie Lewis. Clearly not an RU fan. Why make an account today just to spread made up stories.

Its pretty simple. In 2 days, he will either wrestle at 157 or 165, and then we will all have our answer.
Long time listener ..first time caller ..does not make me a troll...you guys should check other posts ...I'm not only one wondering what's going on ..ask garbarini if everyone in the room is happy with what's goin on ...Joining today means nothing ..is there a law against wanting to finally say something ...he'll go 165 because he wants no part of Kemmerer ...book it Dano

Reactions: RUSpider
Lewis did not go at Loch Haven because he had an injury so it was not that he did not make weight. I decided to speak up so rampant speculation ends. What happens Friday is speculation but Zi would bet JVB wrestles 165 and Lewis wrestles 157 or does not wrestle but cheers us on.

Lol..I am not a troll ..I have an opinion of why RL can make weight at 154 then not make 157 when it comes to doin it for the team ...look around ..on more then one forum it's been mentioned ..not just mine ..JVB can't just go to 157 this week even if he wanted to ...don't you have to go down gradually ...I agree with scottru...pick a weight and stick to it ..ya don't wanna face Kemmerer this week so don't make weight ...then when we wrestle Illinois he will want to go 157....I applaud RL for his world championship but now he is a Scarlett Knight ...do what's right for the team ..it's not right for JVB and certainly not good for the team to allow him to dictate when and where he wrestles ....if you wanna see I'm not a troll I will be there Friday night ....won't miss the first chance RU has at ever beating iowa
You think Richie is going to bounce between weights based on the opponent.? Put the pipe down.

Lewis did not go at Loch Haven because he had an injury so it was not that he did not make weight. I decided to speak up so rampant speculation ends. What happens Friday is speculation but Zi would bet JVB wrestles 165 and Lewis wrestles 157 or does not wrestle but cheers us on.

I usually do not like to disagree with you Wng, but...Lol I am expecting to see Lewis at 165 and JVB sitting this one out.

Reactions: RUSpider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT