ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Week!!

The fact of the matter is that none of us outside of WNG has any facts.. The issues some have had on here are not with the questions in regards to the issue.. But rather with some of the opinions that were pushed as factual with no basis to back up the claims... Some of those sounded eerily similar to a troll poster from a few years ago , who has since been banned...This is a discussion board, and it doesn't matter if u have been on here for 15 years, or 15 minutes.. It is all welcome here.. Whats not welcome is trying to force ones opinions and false innuendoes as facts without any real ability to back it up ... For instance.. when WNG posts a tidbit on here.. Its either coming from 3 things.. Coaching staff.. Wrestlers.. or his observations of practice as he spends a lot of time there...
there are more people than just Bill G that have "facts". I believe he stated w/o a doubt that RL would be at 157 for Iowa,how'd that work out? looks like he gets the talking pts memo though....

Reactions: RUSpider and obrats
WNG is the most loyal of all fans. He would never say anything that could be viewed as negative. We must respect him for his loyalty. An objective person who looks at the Lewis situation would conclude that a selfish young man put the coaches in a difficult position. Goodale did the right thing by saying it was his idea to wrestle Lewis at 65. Goodale did not air out dirty laundry for all to see. There is ample evidence to see that Richie is for Richie. He has time to change and I hope he does. Just don’t expect WNG or the coaches to discuss internal issues in public. That’s the right way to run an organization.

Yes Richie is Richie and a leopard does not change his spots. He is a free spirit as most of our fans know. Coach did think our best hope was to wrestle RL at 165 because he thought we could win one there. I won’t tell you what he said to me about RL wrestling Kemmerer!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Yes Richie is Richie and a leopard does not change his spots. He is a free spirit as most of our fans know. Coach did think our best hope was to wrestle RL at 165 because he thought we could win one there. I won’t tell you what he said to me about RL wrestling Kemmerer!
He also said JVB was on board which was a total lie ..all ya had to do was see the kid Friday night and ask his teammates how they all felt about how it all went down . Wrestling off and getting beat is one thing .losing your spot because Richie told them he wasn’t doin the work to get down is another ..the coaches allowed it to happen and I for one hope they draw a line and say enough is enough

Well if We weren't even confident in RL Beating Kemmerer then how can we expect to do anything to Nolf....... tbh just cuz the Bull is a R-freshman doesn't mean he isn't a beast... for all we know he might knock off imar, massa, or cenzo..

Well if We weren't even confident in RL Beating Kemmerer then how can we expect to do anything to Nolf....... tbh just cuz the Bull is a R-freshman doesn't mean he isn't a beast... for all we know he might knock off imar, massa, or cenzo..

Marinelli beating any of those three would be a huge shock.

Marinelli beating any of those three would be a huge shock.
I wouldn't be that shocked..think he can beat cenzo, massa just got beat by wick... think it would be a tough contested match against imar ...
listen, the point is the bull isnt chopped liver... and just cuz RL lost a OT match to him doesnt mean he wont AA... this was a good wake up call and 165 is going to be an amazing weight this year

WNG is the most loyal of all fans. He would never say anything that could be viewed as negative. We must respect him for his loyalty. An objective person who looks at the Lewis situation would conclude that a selfish young man put the coaches in a difficult position. Goodale did the right thing by saying it was his idea to wrestle Lewis at 65. Goodale did not air out dirty laundry for all to see. There is ample evidence to see that Richie is for Richie. He has time to change and I hope he does. Just don’t expect WNG or the coaches to discuss internal issues in public. That’s the right way to run an organization.
why must we respect him for his loyalty? He's thrown out his share of misinformation/lies. You can be loyal AND tell the truth.

That is a strong statement to say WNG lies. I don’t believe he does. He provides positive information on the team. As a loyal fan, he does not get into the negatives. In today’s world, loyalty may not be valued. To me it is a character trait that we need more. I respect WNG and as with all posters I may disagree with him at times.

why must we respect him for his loyalty? He's thrown out his share of misinformation/lies. You can be loyal AND tell the truth.
I don't believe he lies at all. He presents the information that is available to him and OK for public consumption. And he most likely has more access than most any that come on this board. I have no problem at all with him.

The problem is with the board interpretation. In many cases, things are not going to be all black and white. You have to realize that 1) wng is probably getting some of his info from staff - and staff sometimes has an agenda or a slant or an incentive to view something a specific way 2) wng is probably getting some of his info from the wrestlers themselves - who despite thinking to the contrary, are still generally 18-22 year old young adults whose veracity varies from kid to kid and topic to topic, and 3) wng is obviously a huge fan so all reports are going to have a pro-RU slant if possible, which is also the case with his sources 1) and 2).

That's a bold statement to make without providing any specifics. I think many here know Bill personally, and I think everyone within that group of people understands that he shares the information that is available to him that he thinks is appropriate to share.

The people who digest and interpret that information are responsible for their own conclusions.

I don't believe he lies at all. He presents the information that is available to him and OK for public consumption. And he most likely has more access than most any that come on this board. I have no problem at all with him.

The problem is with the board interpretation. In many cases, things are not going to be all black and white. You have to realize that 1) wng is probably getting some of his info from staff - and staff sometimes has an agenda or a slant or an incentive to view something a specific way 2) wng is probably getting some of his info from the wrestlers themselves - who despite thinking to the contrary, are still generally 18-22 year old young adults whose veracity varies from kid to kid and topic to topic, and 3) wng is obviously a huge fan so all reports are going to have a pro-RU slant if possible, which is also the case with his sources 1) and 2).
I for one don’t think he lies but then again don’t make statements which he knows are not true ...to say there is no issue with RL regarding his teammates ..that’s just not true .. I defy him or anyone here to just pick a teammate and ask ... if he is around the room as much as he says then he already knows the answer .

IroniaHorse, calm down! We love Wng and his information! Plus, he appears to be a nice guy on top of it. Just remember that information is never static and evolves over time.

My answer to those 3 statements made about me are all true. I talk to the coaches and kids and go to practice. I do not lie so believe what you want. I said Richie is Richie so if you people can’t read between the lines I won’t spell it out to. Lewis will go to 165 the rest of the year and JVB will be at 157. That is 99.9% accurate. Have at it boys.

That stinks about Richie going up. That hurts the team come March.

With the new lineup the only AA definite is Nick, unless Ash could come back strong.

Nick a finalist
Delvechio rd 12
Ash best case low AA (health)
Lewis rd 12
Gravina rd 12

Hopefully Ash gets that 6th year. Will be better next year with Nick, Ash, Gravina making podium. You could have 3 AAs with one champ

That stinks about Richie going up. That hurts the team come March.

With the new lineup the only AA definite is Nick, unless Ash could come back strong.

Nick a finalist
Delvechio rd 12
Ash best case low AA (health)
Lewis rd 12
Gravina rd 12

Hopefully Ash gets that 6th year. Will be better next year with Nick, Ash, Gravina making podium. You could have 3 AAs with one champ

I don't know if Gravina will ever make the podium. His shoulder just doesn't look good. If it wasn't for the shoulder issue, he'd be a definite AA...

I don't know if Gravina will ever make the podium. His shoulder just doesn't look good. If it wasn't for the shoulder issue, he'd be a definite AA...

He needs offense other than the slide by. He bullies lesser opponents, but he needs another dimension to beat the top guys.

Reactions: obrats
He needs offense other than the slide by. He bullies lesser opponents, but he needs another dimension to beat the top guys.

I had a shoulder dislocation issue much like Gravina when I was a highschool wrestler. It sucked... From my perspective, what Gravina is doing in competing against the top wrestlers, and winning his share of matches, is almost a miracle.

I had a shoulder dislocation issue much like Gravina when I was a highschool wrestler. It sucked... From my perspective, what Gravina is doing in competing against the top wrestlers, and winning his share of matches, is almost a miracle.

It's ridiculous. I worry about the kid's long-term health (in terms of limitation of activity and pain) but it's amazing what he's been able to do. I get it. But I know first-hand what pushing past the suggested limits can do long-term. His choice, obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT