ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Cohen - 6’10” PF from UMass enters portal

Not sure who the anti-Cohen crowd expects RU to pickup and how much they really know about him, but ESPN has Cohen as their 6th best transfer of the 450 players who entered the portal yesterday. For comparison, Dug McDaniel is 1, Darlinstone Dubar is 8, Jevon Porter is 9, and Amari Williams is in the group of next best after top 10.
Sadly, he's no Mike Palko.

Not even a rumor, a sniff, of any interest on his part or Rutgers. But by all means let's dissect his game and for the most part crap all over it. Looking forward to the next 2,000 names in the portal.
If you're not informed you probably shouldn't comment

Not sure who the anti-Cohen crowd expects RU to pickup and how much they really know about him, but ESPN has Cohen as their 6th best transfer of the 450 players who entered the portal yesterday. For comparison, Dug McDaniel is 1, Darlinstone Dubar is 8, Jevon Porter is 9, and Amari Williams is in the group of next best after top 10.
There is no anti-Cohen crowd! Geez. Most people are just looking at this kid for the first time and watching a minute of highlights and reacting in real time. Can people have a minute before getting branded the anti-Cohen crowd?

Reactions: Unionst
Don't we need defense and REBOUNDING more than an Offensive 5?
And a strong rebounding 4.

We too often had three guards plus Hyatt on the floor. Add Cliff, who for all his athleticism was not a great rebounder. We gave up so many rebounds to the opposition for second and third and sometimes fourth chances. Need to hold them to one and done.

Don't we need defense and REBOUNDING more than an Offensive 5?
And a strong rebounding 4.

We too often had three guards plus Hyatt on the floor. Add Cliff, who for all his athleticism was not a great rebounder. We gave up so many rebounds to the opposition for second and third and sometimes fourth chances. Need to hold them to one and done.
I think we need outside shooting to stretch the floor and rebounding and D more than we need a post threat. Whether the D is collapsing on a post scorer or on a cutter/driver, with no outside threat the D will clog the paint.

I'd way rather have Cliff for one more year - IMO, he's our biggest "recruiting" target this year...

Despite his flaws (we all know them)... there is VERY LITTLE CHANCE we're going to get a big guy transfer that would have more of an impact than Cliff on next years team.

Couldnt agree more that retaining Cliff (IF IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE) is our most important recruiting target.

Might as well start Somerville if this is about a big that can score but can't defend or rebound. The reason Somerville isn't likely to start is because of defense and rebounding. But sounds like this guy would get overpowered as well by b1g bigs..

He’s a PF, not a C.

6’10” but can’t jump and shoots from low - almost off his shoulder.

Not even a rumor, a sniff, of any interest on his part or Rutgers. But by all means let's dissect his game and for the most part crap all over it. Looking forward to the next 2,000 names in the portal.

Not sure I get your point. Is it that we’re discussing this guy at all or that some don’t like his game? Either way, we’re done playing and it’s the offseason. What else is there to talk about?

Reactions: Eagleton96
Not sure I get your point. Is it that we’re discussing this guy at all or that some don’t like his game? Either way, we’re done playing and it’s the offseason. What else is there to talk about?
A little of both, but mostly foreboding of what's to come over the next weeks from all the resident talent evaluators. Classic example from the OP - "16 ppg. From NJ. We should get him." Ok. And I'd bet large $$$ that none of the other crack analysts have seen more than one, or none, UMass games. But I get your point of what else is there to talk about, just suggesting that a ton of transfers is going to produce tons of analysis from posters who haven't done any analysis.

Reactions: bitnez
When you watch this highlights, yes, he is not terribly athletic. However, he is a really good basketball player. He knows how to get position. He is a better rebounder than I thought. He has a lot of skills around the basket. He is sneaky quick. Very good passer as well. Can’t say how his skills will translate to a jump in level of play. I’ll trust the coaches.

Reactions: Rutgers36
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT