ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Mulkey

oh well, I don't want to say more because if i can't say anything nice, best for me to shut up
Nah, go ahead MAD, I need a good laugh. Another joy(not) was our friend(not) ref Michael Price was one of the refs.

It's a fully circle moment for Morris, as she started her career with Mulkey at Baylor before being kicked off the team. She spent a year at RU and Texas A&M before finding her way back to Mulkey at LSU. It does seem like she has done a lot of maturing over her college career, which is great for her.

Nah, go ahead MAD, I need a good laugh. Another joy(not) was our friend(not) ref Michael Price was one of the refs.
What's wrong with Price - I wouldn't think Rutgers sees much of him, he is West Coast, one of the PAC refs, and I know he has done the WNBA. He's getting a bit on in years, I think.

Back pre-pandemic, he picked up some trash off the floor pre-game and handed it to my wife with the humorous comment "don't say I never gave you anything" (the table next to us had the TV crew and no pockets so no problem.

He used to do a lot of games at the RAC years ago. He and many fans in 104 went back, and forth all the time(especially the late Cager John G.). Since we don't get PAC games around here I just assumed he retired.

I loved watching Mulkey as a player at Louisiana Tech. I remember being so disappointed that RU didn't get a chance to battle LT in 1982 because RU remained in AIAW and LT was NCAA.

Her antics as a coach...ugh

He used to do a lot of games at the RAC years ago. He and many fans in 104 went back, and forth all the time(especially the late Cager John G.). Since we don't get PAC games around here I just assumed he retired.
Yes, he used to be a more national level ref, though always based out here. But now I think he sticks to the west area. In fact, I too thought he retired until he did an Arizona game mid-season.

I actually think he is a decent ref. My least favorite "major" PAC refs are Missy Barlow and Kyle Bacon, though of course they all make bone-headed calls at times. But Bacon feels about Arizona the way Dennis DeMayo used to ref Rutgers in the day. He used to do some games back East as well, don't know if he still does.

Ha! DeMayo our friend. He was best friends with the Geno from back in their Philly days. Used to burn my arse when he was "allowed" to be the ref in our games.

Reactions: ChasRC69
Sicko/psycho. Turned game on, 1st thing I saw. Talk about needing attention. 😬
My post was either lost in transmission or deleted, not sure. Won't be the same this go-round, particularly with the lost immediacy...

Awesome jacket. Just curious how you have insight into Mulkey's mental health. Quite a strong reaction over a person's clothing that does not expose intimate body parts, does not contain obscenities or denigrating language toward anyone, and does support a local business started by a graduate of LSU.

Coach Mulkey doesn’t bother me at all. I feel like if a male coach behaved as she does, he wouldn’t be constantly attacked. I like her style and fearlessness, actually.

My opinion is colored by my lurking at UCONN’s women’s message board, where I go for information. That place runs on homerism and hate. The bile for some teams and coaches there is simultaneously laughable and disgusting. It causes me to go the other direction and embrace programs and coaches for what they are without making S up …

Last edited:
Kim with the outfits remind me of Craig Sager(R.I.P.) and also Walt"Clyde" Frazer. They made the eccentric style of dress their trademark and IMO, respectively were and are beloved for it.

I loved watching Mulkey as a player at Louisiana Tech. I remember being so disappointed that RU didn't get a chance to battle LT in 1982 because RU remained in AIAW and LT was NCAA.

Her antics as a coach...ugh
Yeah, LSU fans can't wait to get rid of her.

Let's see a pic of you.
not sure what that has to do with anything. she dresses outlandishly in clown suits to draw attention to herself. My point is the game is about the players and their achievements, not a coach with a big "look at me" complex.

not sure what that has to do with anything. she dresses outlandishly in clown suits to draw attention to herself. My point is the game is about the players and their achievements, not a coach with a big "look at me" complex.
Joey is on the ledge right now. Kim is the opposite of what he thinks. She has been my close friend since 2009. She is about team and the women's game 1-2. I wonder if he would have the guts to talk trash to her if he met her. My hunch is that he has watched fewer than 5 women's games in his life. She is terrific and once again plaudits to Angel who defended her friends as well as all minority players who the media trashes mindlessly.

Joey is on the ledge right now. Kim is the opposite of what he thinks. She has been my close friend since 2009. She is about team and the women's game 1-2. I wonder if he would have the guts to talk trash to her if he met her. My hunch is that he has watched fewer than 5 women's games in his life. She is terrific and once again plaudits to Angel who defended her friends as well as all minority players who the media trashes mindlessly.
Just my opinion, but I don't agree that Angel Reese, who may very well be the poster child for women's collegiate taunting of opponents, should get plaudits for what she did after the game. It was uncalled for no matter who did it, and no matter what excuses anybody is using to rationalize or glamorize her actions and behavior. But then again, I'm not impressed by trash talking and taunting no matter who does it.

More ignorance. Other people select the outfits, not Mulkey. They are sent by local designers, LSU grads.

Reactions: Chaiya1
Just my opinion, but I don't agree that Angel Reese, who may very well be the poster child for women's collegiate taunting of opponents, should get plaudits for what she did after the game.
More than one poster has incorrectly stated that Reese taunted Clark after the game. They were both on court during game play. I read a report that Reese said Clark made the gesture to Alexis Morris earlier in the game.

More than one poster has incorrectly stated that Reese taunted Clark after the game. They were both on court during game play. I read a report that Reese said Clark made the gesture to Alexis Morris earlier in the game.
I stand corrected... The game was essentially over but you're correct.

Iowa missed the last shot and LSU rebounded and was just dribbling out the clock as a formality... Most of the players had stopped playing and the LSU celebrations had begun. That's when Reese began following Clark around the court and continuously taunting her from when there were about 13 seconds left on the clock until the final buzzer sounded.. After 13 seconds of steady taunting and getting no response from Caitlin Clark, Reese finally stopped stalking and taunting Clark and turned away to go back to celebrate with the rest of her team.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
The whole thing is ridiculous, isn't it? Manners and sportsmanship left the station long ago... in sports and life in general. IMO neither Reese or Clark should be proud of their behavior on the court, but I am old and in the minority. If Reese had anything to say to Clark before, during or after the game, it probably should have been, "Thanks for taking out South Carolina in the semi's". South Carolina beat up LSU pretty good in February lol. GO RU!

Did not see last 13 seconds. That is a joke if she did that.

Did not see last 13 seconds. That is a joke if she did that.
For reference in case anyone is still interested, the video was posted in the championship game thread ("Final seconds and celebration..." video). When clicked on, the video should start just as Reese has found Clark (#22) after the final shot and begins taunting and mocking her with hand gestures. To be more accurate than the 13 seconds previously mentioned, she started with about 12.7 seconds left on the game clock and continued until the final buzzer.

I apologize for getting started again, but what Angel Reese did still appalls me... When anyone mentioned Angel Reese's habit of trash talking and taunting her opponents during the season, she rationalized by insisting that the criticisms weren't because of her actions, but because of racism and a double standard for black players like her from the "ghetto".... So since Caitlin Clark wasn't extensively criticized in the media for doing a single split second gesture during game play in one previous game, and a different single brief gesture during a different previous game, and since Caitlin Clark was often praised for her exceptional play during the tournament, Reese was apparently determined to try to humiliate and embarrass Clark on the national stage at the end of the championship game. And after she tried to do that, and then essentially explained her actions as basically being a great moment for social justice, she's become a national celebrity and probably a millionaire by now from NIL and from her instagram followers and fans. I can only shake my head. But it is what it is.

And I will try my best not to rant on this subject again.

Last edited:
AZ Blues, rant away all you want.
I feel Reese took it to the extreme and used a convenient excuse to justify her actions.

Just for the record -- the Reese family is not from "the ghetto" (I've heard her mention complaints that she and her team are "too ghetto.") She's from the Baltimore suburbs. I notice that her grammar suddenly worsened after moving to LSU. I was a big fan of hers when following her at Maryland. I think she is very bright and has a great personality. But currently I think she is trying too hard...

Last edited:
I guess March brings out the Mulkey folks, both for, and against. Again to each his own. Search Kim Mulkey in the bar above, and see the thread from 3/23. Again, sorry my computer is all screwed up. Can someone else post the link?
Never mind, some how it posted.

Can't wait for the hit piece.
lol, might not be a hit piece, Kim had a chance for 2 years to talk to the reporter and now trying to make it look like a rush job because reporter finally is putting out the article that Kim had a chance to have her say in but refused to .
For some anything that don't make them look perfect is to be avoid , just like some imply something is a hit job without knowing if it is or not.

If the article is written honestly and makes Kim look bad, it's not a hit job but a look at how she's not as perfect as she wants us to think.
If article is a pack of lies , it's a hit job and Kim should use those attorneys she claims to have

Looks like losing to Iowa , along with attacking an article about her ( ready to be published that she declined to be a part of) before she or anyone was able to read it put Kim in some crosshairs of some who might have praised her if LSU won their game.
Mulkey also had one of her ex players put down her game plan against Iowa
Ex-LSU star rips Kim Mulkey's game plan after Caitlin Clark's epic performance | Fox News
>"Let me give you my unbiased opinion. We should`ve made a defensive adjustment. Somebody else should`ve guarded Caitlin Clark," Morris said in a video this week. "Like, I mean rollerblades, I mean skates all night, I mean Heelys! Do you all remember the Heelys? The ones you just pick your feet up like this, and you just roll."<
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-l...eys-game-plan-caitlin-clarks-epic-performance

We didn't need Washington Post to tell us Kim Mulkey is bad for college sports
"Kim Mulkey, the often repugnant, clown-outfitted, attention-starved, raging, sideline-stomping coach of LSU’s women’s basketball team, recently made low comedy when she threatened to sue the Washington Post for casting her in a poor light — a threat made entirely on what she anticipated reading.
Good guess, Coach!
What makes this comical is that whatever ill might have been written of Kim Mulkey, the primary source of the info is — ta-da! — Kim Mulkey."
https://nypost.com/2024/04/04/sport...tell-us-kim-mulkey-is-bad-for-college-sports/

AS MULKEY FINDS A NEW TARGET — L.A. TIMES — CLARK WANTS REVENGE
"Does anyone think Post owner Jeff Bezos wants to deal with Team Mulkey in a court of law? In a real world, she might be canned, like Bob Knight at Indiana in 2000."
https://jaymariotti.substack.com/p/as-mulkey-finds-a-new-target-la-times

Win and you'll find defenders, lose and you'll only hear crickets from those who once defended you.
Kim is a great HC that might not be so nice when not coaching, but being a winner will have LSU and just about every College WBB program overlook their coach's perceived faults because winning is what matters .

How Kim is as a person shouldn't be held against her unless you hold all your friends to the standards you place on Mulkey.
As for her look at me outfits worn at games, just enjoy having a coach not afraid to stand out and give casual fans reason to see the game and make the opposition's fanbase have something to complain about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT